Customs: Unicron chest cannon mod help.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Primal Sabbath, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Well, I have a small issue with my Armada Unicron... The chest cannon won't stay collapsed. It keeps popping out.. I've never been fond of that gimmick in particular, so I needed a bit of help & advice finding a permanent solution to the problem.

I've never really customized anything, and I've looked all over for a way to keep the chest cannon from popping out & I can't find anything... My initial thought was to take a tube of superglue and just do things the old faithful way... However, I'm not too entirely sure how that will hold up.I was going to place it on the sides of the chest cannon, on the missile that fires and down in the back where the gimmick's activation is... Literally flooding his chest with super glue and holding it together & collapsed in there until it dried.

Option 2 was to go buy a tiny Phillips head screwdriver and start taking the screws out of his back and just removing the spring and finding a way to lock the cannon in there (probably via superglue)... But I have no idea what I will encounter if I take it apart or even if I'd be able to put it back together once I accomplished what I needed to.

Any help? Any suggestions? Any tips?
    All would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks!

2. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    there are springs which launch it forward. Holding it back are 2 small clip/ledges. if those aren't holding it, you can do 2 things...either case, you're best off taking apart the chest, but it's a bitch to do. to begin with, the waist/lower torso is secured secretly by the parts which make up the crotch. So, take apart the crotch first (this will also be a bitch re-assembling later) Next, take apart the chest. Inside, you'll see the springs I was talking about. At this point, you could decide to axe the springs all together (clip them with wire cutters) or you can reinforce your clips which help the cannon in place.

3. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Thanks for the reply! I'll get at it as soon as I leave work tonight and get some pictures while I do it just in case anyone else is wanting to take a crack at it for pictorial reference.
    Again thanks for the reply!