unicron and primus

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Megatron31, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    1 are these figs worth it?

2 are the new takara versions going to be released in the US as exclusives??

2. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

1. If you don't already have him, then Unicron is definitely worth it.

2. No idea.

3. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I don't know about Primus, but I definitely think that Unicron is definitely worth it. IMO, it's the best-looking Unicron toy ever released. I really dig the G1 paint scheme on him.

I don't think they are going to release both of them in the US as exclusives, but you should be able to buy them online at Big Bad Toy Store and TF Source.

4. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    I highly doubt either will be released in America, at least for a long time. Especially Primus, as he isn't nearly as well known as Unicron. Hasbro re-released the original Armada Unicron 2 years ago and it wasn't very popular (from what people have said). So I don't see them releasing the new one for a while due to it's big price point, the fact that it would have to be an exclusive (most likely), and it has no media tie in.

Though I think I recall reading that the Hub will show the original 1986 Transformers film, so maybe they'll be a market for Unicron then and the Challenge at Cybertron set.

Randy

5. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

If you can get Unicron for a decent price,go for it.He's huge and put together very well.

6. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Get Unicron. He has the added advantage of not needing Cybertronian Planet Keys to transform him, which is the case if you decide to get Primus.

7. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Primus is still awesome despite the key gimmick [which i kinda like anyways :p ]

id say they're both worth it for sure. i loves mine :D 

8. bulletthebluesky

bulletthebluesky Mmmm... Beer

I like them both quite a bit. Unicron is HUGE and Primus is pretty big as well, also, Primus makes a damn good looking planet.

Now, if you're asking whether the soon to be released 2010 Takara versions are worth it... to me, no, as I have both already and the new paint jobs aren't good enough for me to want them. However, if you don't have them yet, and really like the new paint jobs, then go for it. If the new paint is just ok for you, see if you can get some of the older versions for less money (hopefully).

9. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I have them both sitting next to each other. Unicron is REALLY good. You won't regret picking him up. Primus isn't that bad either.

10. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    have both and love them, great figures

11. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    the new Unicron is quite awesome

TFTM color scheme AND a new TFTM head too

im almost tempted :p 

12. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    thanks guys well now i know what i will be saving up for (along with all the other cool stuff out) or i could put some customs on ebay. anyway thanks guys

hey did you get your apeface chest plate?

13. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't understand why they still gave Unicron the clear right hand. They upgraded everything about him except that. I'm not gonna buy him either way, because he's a bit steep for me. But it just seems weird they left that stupid gimmick in for his hand.

14. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

Even though Unicron was engineered for Armada (which was a subpar toyline at best) he is one of the few MUST have Armada figures...

Primus is smaller and not as posable as the dark god. But a good figure with killer weapons. I mostly keep him as the "heart of Cybertron" planet mode...

I seriously doubt they will be rereleased by Hasbro with the new paint apps and remolds...

Unicron was recently rereleased for the Universe line, so he should be a little cheaper to find...

Nice job by Takara, so if you dont have these figs and have a spare few hundred dollars, this should be right up your ally...

For me, I'll pass...

Thanks Takara. Another fine job. But I cant afford these imports. Again...

15. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Come on, you can't take away Unicron's red fist:lol 

1. I can't tell you if its worth it because I don't own them yet. The Armada Unicron was fun while I owned it so i'm sure this one will be even better given the sweet G1 paint job.

As for Primus... never owned it and probably won't spend the money on that reissue. I was never into the tf comics as a child so I'm perfectly ok with skipping on Primus.

2. Stateside release.... Never say never but you would have a better chance of being struck by lighting lol:D . Hasbro isn't going to bring Takaras 2010 campaign here for the most part, maybe Rodimus Prime sometime in the future but not Unicron. How many times will they reissue something that doesn't sell? This would be Unicrons 4th trip to the shelf.

16. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    They probably wanted to still stick with the lightup features of the figure. I would have just liked them to retain the eyes and leave out the lights in the hand, but I can live with the hand lighting up.

Randy

17. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You don't need the Planet Keys to transform Primus, only the Omega Lock, which is included.

18. Tacitron

Tacitron An exceptional nut sack

Ebay:
    I was in nerd heaven when I got each of them. Unicron is about the size of a Shogun warrior (which I had as a kid). Until the unlikely event that I can afford a Fort or Brave Max, he's the biggest toy I own. I think Primus has more going on in terms of weapons, transformation and gimmicks, and I just had to have him for a model of the planet Cybertron.