Unicron #1 3-page preview

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sockie, Jul 6, 2018.

1. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Green Energon Strike Coaltion

I believe The Nemesis ship that Shockers is flying in is from Japan’s Beast Wars Neo, which also had its own Unicron.

I haven’t seen that, but it is a nice bit of sinew for this cross continuity celebration.

And, honestly, Prime’s whining a bit in the face of the Eschaton, but I’m glad Bee’s got enough spirit for everybody, even if I would also like to know how and why you’re still alive, Bumblebutt.

Anyhoo, it’ll be quite a sweet 7/11!

• Like Like x 2
  2. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :peoples: ................Did Barber hate being forced to make her part of his ongoing story so much that he made sure we all hated her to?

Because I do.

And I wan't Optimus to kill Pyra himself before this IDW-verse ends. Or something similar to her going, "Optimus, I was wrong, please forgive me, I'm so sor..." And OP back hand's her so hard that her whole fcukin face ends up missing.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Thundermania

Thundermania Liege Centuro

YouTube:
    Caminus did give us a lot of annoying characters, Pyra being the "Prime" example.

• Like Like x 2
  4. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

The Nemesis comes from Beast Wars II and was Beast Galvatron's flagship for collecting the MacGuffin energy that turned out to be Unicron's blood. The ship was destroyed at the conclusion of said series and the capsules collected on said ship were scattered across the galaxy (the collection of which was the subject of BW Neo), but Unicron took over the dead Galvatron's body to use as his own in order to finish the job. He also had a team of monsters called the Blendtrons doing the dirty work for him (repaints of Fuzors that didn't appear on the show otherwise).

• Like Like x 2
  5. hellex

hellex Well-Known Member

Since Bumblebee has returned, does that mean Megatron will be a Decepticon once again?

6. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Neoseed

News Credits:
    Great artwork from Milne as always, Unicron looks epic as hell.

Too bad I'm more looking forward to this universe being dead rather than the story itself.

7. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

Megatron's in the Functionist Universe starting the Decepticon revolution again, but as "Peace through Empathy" with a still-living Terminus and that universe's Orion Pax at his side. So he already is a Decepticon again.

• Like Like x 5
  8. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

Aw, scrud. I guess this means Cheetor, Blackarachnia, Dinobot, and the other Eukaryans other than the ones on Prime's crew and Tigatron + Airazor are dead. I would have liked them to get some further development in IDW, at least... :( 

Then again, I am looking forward to hearing of the backstory of Unicron (both the myth and the reality) and seeing Cybertron united as one.

• Like Like x 3
  9. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Interesting that in the last 6 years, no one ever mentioned any of the competing creation myths until it became clear that Roberts' original vision doesn't "fit" with what they needed/wanted to do. No wonder he dialed down the religion vs. science conflict significantly in MTMTE after S1/S2.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thumbaticon

Thumbaticon Who's afraid of the D.V.D?

"For a time... I considered sparing your wretched little planet Cybertron, but now... you shall witness... Its Dismemberment!" Super excited for Wednesday. Acid Storm, Silverbolt, Jetfire, and is that Dirge hiding behind the text of page 3? Also, are all the bots on some sort of world-sized ship? Please tell me Luna-2 also has planetary engines...

• Like Like x 3
  11. Sockie

Sockie Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Eh, Swerve or someone said that he hadn't heard Cyclonus's version before when he was telling it, and Optimus also had a line back in TDOOP about learning "a rival set of facts." I think that they just never went in-depth because the others just weren't relevant, and Roberts didn't want to drown people in too many origin stories.

Also, the Way of the Flame is kind of a competing creation myth as well, worshipping the 13 rather than the Guiding Hand.

• Like Like x 3
  12. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fair point - I went to reread that issue right after talking about and there's a big point about it not being the only creation story.

Of course, there's also a *super* big point about Chromedome reading Metrotitan's mind and seeing that it's all true, the Knights of Cybertron, the Guiding Hand... Perhaps that's now also part of the Shadowplay Shockwave did, since they're in a retconning mood =)

• Like Like x 2
  13. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    I'm kinda bummed that Eukaris, Velocitron, and Devisen got krumped offscreen. Would have liked to see some "Last Stands" from the colony worlds.
    Also kinda miffed we never got to learn more about Devisen or Eukaris.

(Maybe if they hadn't fucking cancelled TAAO......)

• Like Like x 3
  14. YakMaster003

YakMaster003 I gave him my face...

I bet Domey's line is going to be "conveniently" forgotten. Well, that or Roberts & Barber will create some convoluted explanation how the Knights, Guiding Hand, the 13, and Unicron are *all* true, but separated by eons. I can see it now:
    • In the beginning, there was Primus and his opposite, Unicron. They battled until Primus finally vanquished his foe.
    • In the aftermath, Primus split himself into the Guiding Hand and let his physical form become Cybertron, with his essence stored in Vector Sigma.
    • Millennia later, the 13 Primes arise through Shockwave's manipulations. Shockwave, as Onyx, somehow gets in touch with Unicron. He knows where the Titans land and sends his Ores there so Unicron can find all the colonies.
    • During the Golden Age, the Knights of Cybertron decide to go exploring and eventually find Mederi. They travel with the Matrix, which was the hilt of Primus' sword, and send it back to Cyberton.
    So much retconning and continuity massaging. It's going to be epic. :p 

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  15. YakMaster003

YakMaster003 I gave him my face...

I bet it's just Metrotitan or Metroplex in battle station mode. Or maybe a salvaged Titan from TAOO...?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

Liberate tute me ex inferis. Least that's what I initially misread it as. Kinda bummed. Event Horizon with TFs? I'd be down with that.

17. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    Still wearing the autobot badge though.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ultramagnus1

ultramagnus1 Well-Known Member

Because when someone dislikes someone as much as magna apparently does with prime it can supercede common sense and logic. All she can see is prime apparently stalling and uses it as another opportunity to make a comment. Logic, common sense goes out the window.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47 Skull Leader

The planet name is "Devisiun". The demonym is "Devisen". And the misspelled planet name present in Unicron #1 is "Divisiun".

20. fishpop

fishpop Squishy

Ebay:
    Oh hey, Prime\'s got his Powermaster shoulder cannons.