Heavy/Scratch: Uni road caesar WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Skyripper, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

this is my WIP concept for my Uni Road Caesar. insperation for this comes from satomibloods idea and looking over sed thread (and random searches on teltraan wiki)

Input, critisism, tips etc are all welcome (espetialy when it comes to the connectors to hold them together)

for blacker I'll be using crossovers wolverine. the mods I have in mind are to remove the spare tyres and use the clip as a means to attach the shield in veichle mode. I'll also probably make the grill on fron removable and with a same joint allow the shield to attach and become the chest. I then either have to put connectors for whole arms or for bits of arm to attach to the existing ones.

Braver and Laster will be Sideswipe and Sunstreaker. using these two means a more balanced combined form (and less painting) I'll use the roof shield trick for them both that F_R used for his wildrider. I'll also attach magnets in the knee pads so they can attach there and become feet. they'll also get a few mods to the head too.

as for RC in general I'll make a crotch plate and a in scale sword. the jetfire head is just a placeholder, I have no idea what I'll end up using. I'm not that happy with the way the upper shins look so I may make Laster and Braver's swords attach to cover it up and use the hadles from them to attach the loose arm to the back of legs.

well I've rambled on long enough and probably haven't made much sense so I'll just let you guys think about it your selves, thanks for looking

Attached Files:

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Looks like we're both going with a different approach regarding Braver/Laster since I'm using Prowl as Braver. I still can't get around the awkwardness of mine. Nice use of the SS mold's roof as shields. I remember seeing F_R do that with his Wildrider. Definitely gave me an idea there.

Damn, I need to get this one started.

3. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

ye I remebered F_R do that trick and when you said they were knights it just clicked. I also thought that the leg modes i thought up matched okish to the g1 and with only a little work could match the bot modes too.

4. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Cool. How are you connecting Braver/Laster to Blacker?

5. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    I hope to see a unique difference in how Road Caesar's arms will be built. :thumb 

6. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

for the arms I'm thinking either adding glove type hands that the original toy had, I'm thinking crossover hulk forearms, make a hole in the back and but a peg in there. I'll then replace blackers hands with a junker SS mold pair so they can peg in there. for the upper arms I'm thinking making some sort of plates that attach with magnets. it's that or I just stick whole arms on the side lol

thats the problem I'm facing now. theres space to attach connecters on the back of the wolverine mold legs if I leave the panels unfolded (if you have the mold you know what I mean, I hope lol) but I don't want to mess up the shouldes on the SS molds I could realy use advice there.

7. Treadshot A1

I remember FR used the holes for SS's guns as connectors. Any chance of that working?

Oh, and i don't hvae the mold. I'm in Australia. :crazy: 

8. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

realy the shoulder holes? I was looking at them and thought there was no way they could support major weight on top of them, but if they could hold bit's of unicron. primus and prime etc, they'll hold up this. thanks a lot for the tip (*goes off to look at menasor customs* lol)

9. Treadshot A1

I know, it seem weak, and i dunno how he did it, but maybe a few magnets embedded in there would help (doesn't have time to read through Menasor custom wip threads)?

I might just wanna make a road caesar now. But out of different molds.

10. squawkbox74

squawkbox74 Mawile enthusiast

Road ceasaaaa!

11. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    YEP, those hole will do the trick, I dug them out deeper, and stongly secured softer plastic rods coming out the bottom of the unicron knees. The plastic rods must fit very tightly in there, and preferably even tightest at their tops. Secure those in the shoulder holes, then align the knee above it. I paint the top tips of the rods with wet paint, then when I align the knee to where it is centered (where it will go) the paint comes off onto the bottom of the knee. Those 2 markers are where I will drill holes in the bottom of the knees and then attach those rods into.

12. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

thanks a lot for that mini tutorial. I can now start planning the knees out knowing that the attacements should hold. thanks again will put the info to good use.

13. Treadshot A1

Hey thanks FR! You'll help me make my menasor now! Yay! :lol 

14. Satomiblood

Lol, I really wish I hadn't let the cat out of the bag on this one. I was really hoping to be the first one here to pull it off. Of course, there's still hope for that.

15. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

you'll most likely beat me too it. I'm trying to take my time and not rush on in cos I know i would make mistake after mistake, so planningis everything here.

I know how you feel too about having an idea and then it seems others have it to when you think your original. while my net was down I worked out the leg modes for blacker and laster and I thought that I had to get this idea out. then when my net came back on I went to that radicons and you had yours posted lol. but I'm glad you did or I would never had thought of wolverine.

but at the mo I'm planning the knee joints and I'm realising more and more that they may need to be kibble if I want a clean tf for each bot, but i'm getting there.

16. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

as I was just making templates for the upper arm and knees etc. I noticed something that I might have missed, I boxed off all the limbs etc and noticed that the body is tiny compared to the limbs. it reminded me of uni tankor. so to combat this problem i want to insert a piece between the upper body and crotch. like in the pic, I was thinking of a primus belly but i need to know how wide it is, can someone let me know or sugesst something else which would work,

17. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    So far i like what youve worked out with these guys so far :) 
    as for adding more hight to the upper body, i think maybe just a little bit, i mean if he has a low upper body, long legs, and thick arms, it wont look soo right, so id say add more hight to the upper body :thumb 
    im starting to think maybe i should do my own too :p  lol

18. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

I know what you mean but when I look in detail at him he doesn't seem to have the right proportions. I plan on adding a a crotch pices to help the legs look a bit further apart and for a bit of detail. when thats put on the body is simply the grill of the alt mode which seems to small to me. it might just be me looking to hard.

19. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Just give it a chest and waist plate like the G1 combiners had. Honestly, it's not the body that feels off to me, but the tiny arms.

20. Satomiblood

Yea, the arms are the main obstacle here. I might partsform mine after all.