Minor/Repaint: Uni/Classics Inferno Ladder 2.0

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Solscud007, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    Ok you lazy modders. I have found another ladder that is even easier to put onto Inferno. It requires absolutely NO modification to Inferno.

Thanks to Tamo536 for his innovative use of the Fastlanes firetruck from a TRU toy set. Retail is $19.99 for the huge set.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/215798-inferno.html

I found another firetruck, also by fastlanes, for only $4.99. No need to go and buy a $20 set and rip off the ladder. Also this ladder has a removable bucket

[​IMG]

If you look at my pics you will see a picture of the fastlanes firetruck. in the oval highlight, you need to cut the baseplate. this is of course after you have removed the baseplate from the firetruck.

[​IMG]

Then all you do it sit the baseplate between inferno's arms and slide the tab under the shoulder armor.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Voila you are done. of course some rit dye cocoa brown will help color match the red of the base to Universe Inferno, but now Im gonna get a Henkei Inferno.

Oh for those of you who did not like the Tamo536 style ladder, a little modification and you could get the ladder base, of this type of ladder, to sit flush to the base plate and get the ladder to sit closer to the roof of the cab.

The only downsides to this ladder system is that it doesnt look as good as the Tamo536 ver. in Bot mode. Oh but the baseplate has plenty of clearance for the water cannon mount.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

update: pics in bot mode.

Ok so I picked up a second Inferno on sale at target today. So now I can show you what inferno looks like in bot mode with the new ladder system. You need to cut the higher peg on the diamond plate (the one closest to the ladder attachment point) Then the other peg, which has reinforcements, plugs into the screw hole in inferno's butt.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  2. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Thank you thank you thank you. I'm going to go find that set now for mine. Any pics of the bot mode for the ladder?

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    You should post some shots of inferno in 'bot mode with this done.

4. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    As I tried to explain. I don't have a way of mouning this ladder onto inferno's back. I super glued a mini-con peg on the back black plate to mount my original ladder system. The mini con peg fits the water cannon mount hole perfectly. So in order for his ladder system to work, on the back, in bot mode. You will need to drill a hole in the back plate. The plate that covers the rear Of the truck cab. The new ladder baseplate has two screw posts that pertrude down. You could use one of these as a mount to he back.

5. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If the base plate could be more flush with with truck, I'd like it. I suppose you could cut all the surrounding plastic from underneath so it just looks like a flush diamond plate base on the back of Inferno.

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Nice! Inferno def. looks more G1 now. I myself actually like Inferno as a G2 remake, for several reasons (he's got an awesome looking gun, I can say I have something CLOSE to a G2 toy at last, and I personaly think he looks better without the ladder)

7. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:

Yes the possibilities of this new ladder system is open for further modification. However you will need to take things into consideration.

1. by lowering the diamond base plate the peg for the water cannon will be in the way. As the plate stands now, it clears that peg.

2. If you look at my pictures the "surrounding plastic" underneath the plate fits inbetween the arms perfectly. By removing that, you will need to trim the top plate as well to fit between the arms.

3. Last, by lowering the plate, the tab will no londer line up with the shoulder gap.

The three considerations i just mentioned are not impossible to solve. but this ladder system is a very basic mod that requires absolutely no modification. So the only way to go is up and mod it more. You are more than welcome to mod it.

8. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I need to find this and try it myself. Kinda iffy on modding a Henkei figure, but what the hell.

9. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    I wish I could find a few infernos to begin with before I even started on this kind of mod...

10. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    Dont worry, Kusanagi, with this type of ladder system there is no need to mod Inferno, Classics or henkei, at all.

Added pics of ladder in bot mode. It doesnt looks nearly as impressive as the first ladder system. you can see the pics in my first post.

11. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Great idea :thumb 

With my project i found a new ladder unit from a tonka truck with a smaller cylinder base that has a lot of movement.

And it has lights and sounds that should be simple to transfer over.

12. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    Cool. Hurry up and post pics!!!! Also pics of the source toy w/ or in pkg if possible.

13. Beemer

Beemer Well-Known Member

...Uhm...

I beg your pardon?

14. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

any chance a fellow fan could use the alrger ladder set to mod a rid optimus prime with?