Heavy/Scratch: Unfinished project is now a larger unfinished Alt

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by manyoufactsure, Sep 13, 2007.

1. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

I had this project started and I finally decided to finish it up. It is Armada Overload.
    I liked the design but it bothered me that his Minicon was larger than the others. I decided to make his Minicon a permanent part of his chest and give him some dozer tracks.
    [​IMG]
    There seems to be windows molded into the sides, of what would be the cabin, and I wanted to make a window along the front edge and then there isn't a need for a minicon vehicle. Here's the bot mode with wings.
    [​IMG]
    He can still be removed but he has no legs.
    [​IMG]
    The little peg at the back activates the sounds, when you push on the chest, and the button acts as a spring to push the minicon forward.
    [​IMG]

I have also been looking at other figures that would go with my Alts since the 1/24 scale line is finished. (like Cybertron Defense Scattorshot) and it hit me that the shuttle and transport, that A Jetfire and A Overload combined into, was just like Sky Lynx. (everone seemed to think of Overload as Ultra Magnus, including me) so I fiddled around with a way that Overload could be a Lynx. This is what I came up with.
    [​IMG]
    The head is kinda small (just a test head) but it would have to be that size or else I will have to cut out the electronics to have a place for it to store.

What defines a lynx head?

This will become my Alt Sky Lynx if I finish it and now the head of Jetfire makes since because it is bird-like. I don't think I can work the shuttle into an actual bird but now they both have bot modes which neither had in G1. I will probably leave him red due to paint scrapping off, if I painted it blue. Mabe a dye bath.
    What do you think?

2. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Some how I get a omega supreme vibe from this dude

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'd deem it Classics Sky Lynx rather than Alt Sky Lynx. Neither Jetfire or Overload is even close to 1/24 (Alt scale)

4. Butuman

Butuman Well-Known Member

the second picture of him looks like a cybertronian version of Magmatron, pre-beastwars robot mode.

5. manyoufactsure

Since Alts are canceled it doesn't matter if its exactly 1/24 scale (for me). I was already planning on adding the E Arcee mold as a Motorcycle so now I am going to add others, from various lines, to it. Dark Scorponok is now my Alt Scorponok. I already mentioned CD Scattershot. I also need to recolor CD red Alert into Perceptor. Etc. Etc.

Does anyone know what is the defining point of a Lynx. Or is that just a name that Hasbro used for the way it sounds?

6. RunaR

RunaR Well-Known Member

Wow, Overload in Lynx mode :thumb 
    But to look more like a lynx, he should have a longer mid section and fluffy ends on the ears.

7. Whelpd

Whelpd Well-Known Member

Are you going to give him a waist and shoulder jopints because that was the only thing that annoyed me about the original mold?

8. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Um, aside from the whole scale issue, the idea behind the Alt line was transforming bodies built by car manufacturers. Then there's the entirely different feel to the transformation. But anywho...

As far as a Lynx mode goes, the longer midsection has already been mentioned. A short tail would also be in order, and a sort of "eyeliner" around the feline eyes would be a good idea. Those cats're big on it.

9. manyoufactsure

Thanks for the info about the ears and eyeliner. I don't think I'm changing the Midsection or shoulders but I will probably give him knees/lynx elbows and a rotating joint so the curved end of the front feet are forward.

I agree on the Magmatron look, mentioned earlier.

Alts were also about the scale and they are transformers. I am taking some of the ones from various lines, that are out of scale, and making my Alt group larger and more diversified in their Alt modes. I have also Had Energon Galvatron (purple) with the Alts as my Decepticon leader. I just haven't gotten around to altering his Alt mode to a laser cannon, instead of a Jet.

Does anyone have a G-1 or reissue, Galvatron, orange barrel and arm base? That's what I need to modify E Galvatron. I could use my existing Barrel from Galvatron but the arm base needs to be cut and then I wouldn't have one for him.