Unfair Treatment of Decepticons.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Fortress_Wise, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Fortress_Wise

Fortress_Wise Head of Dalyst

In G1, Megatron and the Decepticons were in control of the planet Cybertron save about 100 Autobots. In Cybertron there is Megs, Starscream, Thundercracker.....have i said Starscream? well you catch my drift (And i know there are 1000s of Decepticons in the north pole but they don't count-they're ancient.) In the olden days (before i was born- fancie that remembering before i was born :sly2:  ) Megatron and the Decepticons had driven the autobots to extinction, and his dream of Universal Conquest was actually probable :rock  unlike nowadays where Megatron is always going on about Universal Conquest but always loses, and has to find his own allies. I know G1 Megs lost almost every battle but he came close, to earth's destruction (the Ultimate Doom- i've got it on DVD) and the Autobots only won because they applied the laws of Cartoon Physics (Blowing a planet away with 20 laser guns? Fat chance.) Where did it all go down for Megatron? Also note how nowadays the Autobots who are in total control of the planet are always fighting "the evil Decepticons who are threating to take over the Universe" who at most have about 30 soldiers against 30 million Autobots :mad  . The Autobots must be really rubbish if they can't beat the Cons. In fact the only series who have shown the war are Armada(the Unicron Battles) and later on in Energon. Why are the Decepticons unfairly Treated? :huh :huh :huh

2. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Um, because they are the bad guys? :rolleyes: 

3. Fortress_Wise

True. But there might as well be one episode if the bad guys get beat.

4. Neomarsala

Neomarsala Transform and Roll Out

nevermind.

5. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    Kids don't want the "bad guy" toys, so theres not going to be as many bad guys as their are good guys.

It's the same reason why we don't have too many female Transformers.

6. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong. I love 'Cons and would love for them to win but it's a cartoon targetted at kids and kids don't want the bad guys to win and parents don't want to let their kids see evil triumps over good. Hell in Japan it's the Convoys that sell well not the Megatron. I am thinking about making a TF funnies focusing on Decepticons. Bad guys need more love dammit.

7. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Well making a lot of the cons drones has worked before, so that saves in having to over make bad guy toys.

I actually think its more to do with a change of culture, back in the 80s it was very much all about the good rebellion taking down the evil empire, with terrorism and the like these days the story’s are more, the good “peace loving” society protecting it self from dangerous radicals.

Sorry that has gotten a bit political and I know that kind of discussion isn’t encouraged on these boards but I think it’s the actual reason behind the shift.

8. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    not to mention that the past four series (RiD, Armada, Energon and Cybertron) are all Japanese - made where bad guys sell even worse, and these are the series where we've seen the more comic-relief filled characters. I mentioned this in another thread, where we only see Megatron, Starscream and maybe one other Decepticon actually show strength, and a desire for evil-doing. The rest are there for cannon fodder. Even though in G1 the Dcons lost as they have to, there was still some comic-relief in the characters that didn't make the bad guys look any less menacing. Nowadays, we're lucky if the kids are even remotely in danger from a Decepticon killing them off (course, Starscream had a good go at them, but only to distract Prime)

9. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

I think the Bad Guy toys were the best Part! Soundwave, the Seekers, Cassettes, Devastator. All the evil guys made the best toys and I would have liked to see them win. I mean, who hasn't wished that Devastator could beat Superion or that the Decpticon ship would reach Cybertron. It would make things more interesting and evened out.

10. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    I like the Destron toys to, but were not Hasbro/Takara's key demographic.

11. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

I want soundwave to take over someday and just throw down his own law. It would rule

12. Da_Razorsaw

Da_Razorsaw Highwire ownz j00

News Credits:
    Uh, last I checked, back in BW, any villain not named "Megatron", "Tarantulas", or "Blackarachnia" was comic relief.

G1? Most of them wre just THERE.

13. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

I always liked the Decepticons more, especially when I was the 'key demographic'. One day someone who doesn't like Optimus Prime or bright glairy colours will infiltrate Hasbro's focus groups...

14. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hasbro seems to like bad guys more than Takara. Several Takara-based series have what seems like a legion of Autobots battling a handful of Deceps (but the leader is uber-powerful, so it balances out somehow.)

15. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Well-Known Member

At least in BW the 'Cons did won a couple of time or got real real close to winning
    That's what I liked most of that series

16. Fortress_Wise

Also it doesn't help that the Bad guys were underachievers at school save Starscream. Megatron should make Job requirments: Wanted Decepeticons must have cunning, and skill. Decepticons must have A-C GCSE grades or a PHD in Evil schemes.

17. Turnip

Turnip Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just want a few more bag guy toys. My shelves look awful lop sided. I'll even take all the decepticon repaints coming out to achieve more of a balance.

18. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Megatron: Unfair to Local 12 Villians, Thieves and Scoundrels Union!
    Hasbro: How so?
    Megatron: I drop bomb on bot, door gets locked, who gets blown up? Me!
    Hasbro: So you want us to change the plot?
    Megatron: No! Just give Decepticons top billing!
    Hasbro: Impossible! TV Villains never get top billing!
    Megatron: Oh. . .

19. Fortress_Wise

Same here.

20. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Can you really say the Decepticons are evil? I mean it's war, from my point of views the Autobots are useless. :D  so why shouldn't Megatron eradicate them. :lol