Unfair pricing on TFers toys

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    All very awesome toys that warrented the $100 price point.:rolleyes2 

2. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I collect the MP line. Between the official stuff the iGear Seekers and the other 3rd party MP's coming out, PLUS Alternators, the MP collection is a pretty big and impressive one.

3. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    bull....they did it back in the day with Alternators Jag Ravage and Rumble....if they did it then, they'll do it now.....

Oh, and they did it with another item that was HTF at first....anyone remember the $50 Deluxe Ice Cream Truck/Mudflap and Skids they had there?....

I had the last two Alts of the line on pre-order with BBTS....for around 25 a piece or so....and I was fine with that mark up. Then when Hasbro announced that they were Wal-Mart Exclusives, BBTS raised the price to over 30 a piece....even on the pre-order stuff.....I got an email telling me if I wanted to keep my pre-order, I'd have to pay the extra loot to cover them....

I cancelled my pre-order with BBTS right there on the spot.

With BBTS, if they know somethings hot, or gonna be HTF, then they make as much loot off of that item as they can.....and that's why they are in business....to make money...that I understand, but sometimes you can ruin yourself/business by being so greedy.

4. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    See, I don't collect the MP line, and I never will nor want to. They will "finish" the cast a lot later than I want, and alternator + MP is very expensive.

I only have

Faith leader (for optimus, but will use MP-10 maybe when it gets to USA)
    MP Grimlock, because I feel that's how big Grimlock should be in classics.
    I MIGHT get the MP seekers, just because I think they should be bigger in classics.

But in summary, only MP's that fits better than their classics counterpart in classics, gets a chance on my shelve. Not bashing the MP line, btw. If all my collection funding is spent on transformers only, I would collect MP line, but reality is, its not, and I'd rather use that money on other collections xD

5. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I bought up all my Alts while they were on the shelf so the cost was minimal for me. The big hurt will be when I decide to bite on the iGear Coneheads and Seekers. I will more than liekly get the Coneheads but I need to wait until TT reveals the new Seekers to see which way to go.

I like bigger figures alla Leader class and above. With MP's and Alts you get the larger figure but you never get an over simplified transformation. They are a perfect blend of size and complexity.

6. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's odd, I've never had BBTS raise the pre-order price on me. . .

7. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Good point... look at United Frumble... $75! That's cause that bad boy is hard to find.

8. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    I think that case actually sounds like a rather appropriate price increase. I'd guess they didn't make that price increase solely because they'd be HTF but since Hasbro made them exclusives, BBTS probably couldn't buy them directly from Hasbro at the otherwise normal price. Instead they had to resort to buying them in Wal-mart stores. BBTS's cost changed, so the price had to change.

Now whether it's cool or not for BBTS to be a "scalper" buying exclusives out of stores and depriving others from buying them directly is another issue.

9. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Lol your collecting habit reminds me of another person I know. It almost follows the golden rule the bigger they are, the more it attracts xD (with appropriate details ofcourse)

10. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    ^^
    That's what she said!

11. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

12. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    rofl

13. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I'm not particularly happy with them doing that on MattyCollector or FunFub stuff.

14. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

This problem with prices always amazes me why anyone would buy the movie stuff. It's so mass produced there is 0% chance you wont get something on clearance at one point. Hell, ebay is FULL of lots of movie verse stuff that sells for literally one and two dollars. I only ever bought a ratchet from the first movie which was cool, but I really wish I had waited 6 months and got him for the 4 dollar price tag he had at Marshalls.

MP's are a different story all together. Low production run, means HIGH fixed costs. Multiple costs going into property rights, shipping distribution from Japan and other parts of the world, and then add on the sheer size of the product, which means only so many units can be brought through on freight. I know you don't realize it, but businesses spend usually arouind 70% of sales on just GETTING the item to you. You want to complain about prices, wait till college and you have to spend 300.00 on a textbook you will only use for 4 months and then becomes worthless.

15. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    That's why you sell it back to another sucker after you are done with the class to make those money back, or return it to the bookstore in mint condition ;) 

I got full refund a few semesters.

not to mention textbooks are much more useful than plastic crack if you read them.

16. anikenvader

anikenvader Hero for hire

News Credits:
    Personally, I think there's a difference between selling for profit and scalping. what people did with the american MP's is selling for profit, What people did with Unicron on amazon was scalping.
    I like Crave.com because they have really reasonable prices and very rarely somebody "scalps". They have good prices, the problem is I hear the site has a few problems with getting they're money to them. -_- but yeah, I've witnessed bbts sell things for far too much, and I've seen them sell stuff for reasonable prices. sooo, I'm kind of in the middle.