Unexplored Theory - Teletraan 1 created human life on Earth.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ClunkerSlim, Feb 27, 2018.

1. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    Perhaps a refined fan theory would be, taking the Vok into account and the limitations of Tetetraan 1, is that the Vok CAPTURED a Sky Spy (if there were, indeed multiples, which is dubious but let's assume that for a moment). The Vok then use the information and then THEY are the ones who manipulate the DNA of humans to inform their experiments. The ability to hack into Teletraan-1 via a Sky Spy would explain the Vok's knowledge of how to manipulate Cybertronian technology without the need of explaining their backstory...and maybe even enable their ability to scan Cybertronians for information (like when Primal is scanned and the Vok use Unicron's head as a visual reference via Primal's memory banks).

In the end, Teletraan-1 itself just seems relatively limited in its abilities that the OP would like for it to be. But if you introduce the Vok as the primary manipulator, there's a chance that Teletraan-1 may have been an accidental accomplice.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

Do you have a source for that or is this something you remember that I can check out for myself?

It’s really not evidence of anything

There’s at most 4 million years between the time the OP was referring to an MTMTE , And we don’t know how many times that volcano may have exploded how many earthquakes may have taken place how many other possible natural disasters could’ve affected the area around the ship causing more damage and possibly limiting the amount of spies available when trying to revive the Transformers

And let’s not forget that it was a volcano irruption The computer back on and it seem to only have the ability to direct the repair beam in one direction at a time anyway
    Kool

3. Altered Prime

I kind a like this idea

But on the multiple sky spy question,I recall Megatron at least destroying one while it was in the sky and they had others another episodes So obviously that was more than one

The real question is can more than one be operated at any given time

4. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    We have the picture I provided earlier. The underspout at least looks well-nigh identical to a Seeker thruster.

In this video, we don't actually see anything emitted from it. And yes, it acts more like it has anti-gravity abilities. However, so do the Seekers and they still have similar thrusters. The better assumption is that it is a thruster than some other device with what is presented to us. But it can, I suppose, be open to limited interpretation.

Can you provide an instance where the Sky Spy in question might not have been just the same Sky Spy used multiple times? there's only four episodes of use and it seems like it's the same Sky Spy in each episode.

5. Altered Prime

I do not feel that you can make a so-called “best assumption” , Or any assumptions at all only based on appearance

And actually there are five episodes of use Of a sky spy

Season 1 MTMTE pt1
    Season 1 Fire in the sky

Season 1 Episode fire on the mountain, using the crystal of power Megatron destroyed the sky spy overhead

Season 1 The ultimate doom, Sky spy is used again, And I guess it’s possible that the episodes we’re out of order butt ......

Season 2 episode Kremzeek, used to get that little guy to Japan

If destroyed in season one that had to be another one for season two

6. ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really don't understand if WishfulThinking is confused or just intentionally making stuff up. Where did we discuss Teletraan 1 terraforming the planet? or seeding the atmosphere? or creating energon crystals? No where that I'm aware of. But clearly if Teletraan 1 can rebuild entire Transformers with a light beam, then surely it can create a small flying probe to inject pre-humans with some kind of DNA altering compound or device.

And how many different ways can we tell you that Larry DiTillio and Bob Forward disagreed on who the Vok were and what they were doing on Earth? It's been repeated in this thread over and over again. I don't know if you're just ignoring it or if you really don't get it. You can't just cherry pick one of their ideas out from the lot and scream "author intent!" when the writers had never agreed to the others' ideas. There was never any Beast Wars series bible that contained some hidden Vok backstory. All those ideas were up in the air and eventually abandoned when they dumped the Vok storyline although. There's never anything mentioned in the show (that I'm currently aware of) that would interfere with the Teletraan 1 theory. Just because the Vok are testing humanity doesn't mean they're responsible for humanity's evolution. And even if they did claim that, they could be consider what's known in fiction as an "unreliable narrator."

Unreliable narrator - Wikipedia

7. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This thread does not compute

• Like Like x 2
  8. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Indeed.

Teletraan didnt rebuild them with 'a light beam'. The light beam was part of the scanning and reformating process. You can clearly see robotic appendages picking up and replacing machinery onto Skywarp. And it was dormant up to the point of the volcano explossion, so all this theory is mute from the start.

And if we take beast wars into account, humans have evolved (at least the australopithecus or whatever those were) up to the interference of the Predacons and the Maximals and put into dormant status again. (Indipendently of the Vok or Not it doesnt matter).

Speaking of the Vok did experiments with life, or seems so. They had isolated floating islands teeming with life (birds and plants at least) when the rest of the planet didnt have such advanced forms. Or to be precice, the rest of the planet was recovering from ELE (extended level event) that killed off the Dinosaurs. Or somesuch, the timeline in this regard of when those things happened and the arrival of the two factions as well as how many years they spend on earth are convulted.

Because the Quintesson body, which we know nothing about asside its form, is hugely inneficient. The human form is highly efficient in motor functions and dextrity. If you plan on using multi purpose slave labour, you need a body type that is adaptable. Ergo humanoid.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  9. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

That's funny, reminds me my thread about organic lifeforms in Cybertron.

10. ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The theory takes that into account. It's never said in the show that Teletraan 1 is completely dormant. It's only shown that Teletraan 1 chooses to act when the Volcano erupts. You can assume that Teletraan 1 was dormant all that time, but you could just as easily assume that Teletraan 1 was awake and chose to act at that moment to prevent the total destruction of the Ark.

11. pilot00

Νο you cant assume anything. The computer was completely offline and it was activated due to the volcano tremor. Its explicitely shown. Its not up to interpentation. The episode shows an activation sequence, when it was blatantly offline following the tremor.There is no 'choice' on the matter.

Another thing to consider is that even if there was choice, it would have awakened them years before, when conventional human tech was approaching TF needs, which by all accounts happened way earlier than 84. Its a fun theory but it has no logic according to the depiction and canon lore.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  12. Altered Prime

100% correct
    You can’t assume anything.........including that you can’t assume the computer was completely offline the for the 4million Years it was on earth

and when you factor in how volcanos behave all over the world and throughout time, and how that could have effected the computer before 1984, then yes indeed its open to some interpretation and likewise speculation on other possibilities
    That’s an assumption that you really can’t back up for 2 reasons

1) consider that Teletran 1 may not have been able to do many repairs if any at all

2) the very same thing actually happened in the Marvel comics

The ark computer, known by the name Aunty in Marvel comics, Awoke in another time after the ark crashed and well before 1985.Itt awoke Due to the arrival of Shockwave on earth

Even without conventional human tech was approaching TF needs, Aunty , damaged and not fully Functional,selected a group of 5 to repair and sent them to combat Shockwave

The Dinobots

So considering that the ark of the comics awoke and repaired a few autobots which by all accounts happened way earlier than 84 .....what you called a “fun theory but it has no logic” Shows that it doesn’t deed have a bases in logic and could fit into the depiction and canon lore.

• Like Like x 1
  13. pilot00

Τhere is no assumption the bible says it was completely offline. The only time you can say it wasnt was durring the beast era. But it went dormant again. And the only speculation here is yours, because you dont go by what you saw on screen but by wild baseless imagination. If something wasnt shown, implied or otherwise stated it didnt happen. We see Teletraan1 awaken in 84, it awoke in 84, there is nothing to suggest otherwise. End of story.

And sudenly could afterwards because magic?
    We are talking about the sunbow. Marvel commics are another continuity ergo irrelevant.
    EDIT: And to prove to you that even this is a stupid thing (official yes, but stupid), Auntie was unable to register organics, yet it was able to scan dinosaurs. Plot hole from here to Jupiter. Unless I miss something.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  14. Altered Prime

The Bible is not Canon no preproduction materials or post production materials are

So there is an assumption on your part
    Proving why production Bibles are not canon

Future writers can come in and make any kind of changes they want

And I’m not Speculating, this is not my Theroy, And while I think it’s a fun one I’m not gonna sit here and say I really like the idea

But on the other hand it does fit in with establish Canon and I will support the guys right to speculated posted since it does fit in

And you have indeed speculated when you claim the computer never came on line at any other time

If something wasnt shown, implied or otherwise stated , Doesn’t deter her from it possibly having happened

Now if you can find some proof, from within the story “canon”, that completely negates the possibility of such a thing occurring then please post it but so far that has not occurred

We see Aunty awaken in 84, it awoke in 84, and later in the Series we learn she also awoke sometime earlier in the 4 million years she was on earth

If it happened to Aunty it may have happened to Teletran

Except the beast wars

So we know what happened at least one of the time so we can we speculated it happen more
    Yeah like the magic used to take glowing little boxes of personality and turn World War II vehicles into a fully functioning alien robotic bodies with more advanced moves nonetheless.......Ironically not too far off the course for the Sunbow continuity

Or you could just saying that the ship slowly repaired itself over 4 million years, or maybe the repairs Rhinox and the others did is part of it

And as I pointed out the very same thing happened over the marvel comics

Irrelevant for canon purposes yes, hardly irrrelevant when it comes to a conversation about Theroy and speculation

On the contrary the fact that it happened within the same continuity family in a continuity that for the purpose is closely related each other at that point certainly opens up the door to the possibility for consideration

Absolutely no plothole, as I pointed up before , And was covered clearly in the comic,she was damaged And took the dinosaurs for the dominant life form at the time

I’m not sure why you brought this up, seems to help my case more than it does yours.She was damaged low on energy low on resources selected five for repair and gave them the best disguised she could

And I’m not sure it can be said that she couldn’t register organics, I just don’t think she had the ability to give the Dinobot any organic skin to cover but I don’t think they were very clear on that part

15. pilot00

Ok heres a theory then: Teletraan 1 was Primus. And because you cant prove me wrong it wasnt my theory is sound. It took the form of Teletraan 1 just to spy on the Autobots and when Trypticon attacked the volcano he just left minutes before and went into hiding in unknown places.

EDIT: Just to be clear: I am not here to spit on his theory. It is indeed fun, but if you want to have something believable you have to step up on verified lore, else you create wild things that have no sense of concept and ultimately serve no purpose other than 'find the plot hole'. Not that cartoon was the most solid thing, yet making it worse? IDK.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  16. Altered Prime

The thing is he actually is working within verified lore

Nothing he has come up with steps on anything that’s cannon and actually works with it

You’ve tried to point out a few plot holes but they weren’t really holes

• Like Like x 1
  17. pilot00

Yeah right.

18. Altered Prime

Yes right

I mean the closest thing you have to a whole was bringing up that the Bible says the computer was completely off-line for4 million years

But the Bible is not Canon

And we already know that it was activated in between the crash and 84 by the bw characters, So no hole

• Like Like x 1
  19. pilot00

The closest thing I have is that none of this makes sense without huge tailoring out the background with nonesense to suit a need that makes 0 sense.

Why of all things a semi sentient shipbound AI build by machines for machines would carry onboard genetic engineering equipment material for biological beings? And how would it know, how to infuence said genomes in the first place?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  20. Altered Prime

that’s not exactly true and also it really wouldn’t take anymore tailoring to move already gotten from the series

In all honesty the best argument you could’ve made would’ve been to just say it over complicates things that are ready for too over complicate it and don’t need to be any more complicated than they already are
    Does a real simple answer

The ship may have been able to use existing equipment for genetic engineering purposes

The ship was on an exploratory mission so we could’ve had all sorts of chemicals and materials that could’ve been repurposed to affect biological beings

Transformers may have been countered other similar life forms throughout the universe in the past so understanding the genome of earth Beans may not have been that difficult to figure out

• Like Like x 1