Unexplored Theory - Teletraan 1 created human life on Earth.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ClunkerSlim, Feb 27, 2018.

1. ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, I checked the wiki before writing that. Nobody behind the scenes agreed on what the Vox were. So there's no official canon on who they were or even any one guiding principal. There's just a bunch of different ideas by the writers that never got fleshed out. So nothing about the Teletraan 1 theory violates Beast Wars canon.

Vok - Transformers Wiki

2. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    You missed all of this:
    Teletran-1 really doesn't fit into that narrative well at all.

3. ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^
    No, I didn't. I didn't miss that at all...

Nothing in the show violates the Teletraan 1 theory. And the behind the scenes stuff was never agreed upon by the producers or the writers. It's not like there's a Beast Wars show bible out there detailing the backstory of the Vok.

4. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

Remember the link said this
    Which means it’s not canon, Seeing as writers intent ,notes, interviews and Other such things are not canon

So the Teletran idea fits in just as well as well as the notes you posted

5. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

Teletraan-1...oh, why didn't you repair the Autobots first? :D  And it's funny that Starscream inadvertently caused Optimus and the Autobots to be revived by trying to do them in, something Megatron should've done before stepping foot out of the Ark.

6. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    It's canon as it is published material stated as intent. More so than a fan theory that has no writer intent nor official publication.

7. Altered Prime

It’s not Canon as it is not presented within the body of the narrative/fiction

Publication not withstanding, for something to be canon it has to be presented within the fiction, as stated before notes, interviews ,writers intent and other such things are not Canon, even when published by the owners

And one could argue that posting the idea here is a form of publication, but I’m not gonna go there LOL

If you choose to give it more weight then some fan idea that’s up to you and your opinion, but its not canon

8. LateNights

LateNights Active Member

There's nothing to suggest humans were the first organics...

What if teletran had knowledge of those other species, and used that as a basic "mold" when shaping humanity?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Aren't we talking about cartoon continuity here, rather than comic continuity? After all, there is no Teletraan 1 in the comics!!!

In any case, the specifics of the Primus/Unicron fight varies depending on who's telling it - Unicron in 'Legacy of Unicron' (a UK story), The Keeper in 'The Primal Scream' (US#61), and Primus in 'The Void' (US#74). While the basic events remain the same, every account differs in the minor details.

In 'Legacy', Unicron and Primus were already alive "when the universe was young" (a direct quote). Unicron was definitely around when the universe was already in existence, because "worlds were destroyed, suns imploded".

It's not until 'The Void' that Primus drops the bombshell that Unicron was supposedly around before the universe came into existence. Who to believe? Unicron, the Keeper, or Primus? Not the most reliable trio of characters, to be fair.

Another oddity... according to Primus' retelling in 'The Void', the chain reaction that led to the creation of the universe occurred 'countless trillions of your years below', when in reality, the Big Bang was 13.8 billion years go. If Primus can't even get the basics right (and that's a massive error on his part), such as the age of the universe, then I reckon Unicron's version of events in 'Legacy of Unicron' is therefore probably the most accurate. Primus is obviously exaggerating for effect.

Another black mark against the Primus version - in both 'Legacy' and 'Primal Scream' Unicron and Primus aren't alone - there are other "Light Gods" and "Gods of Darkness" mentioned. Mentions of Primus' and Unicron's armies and fellow deities are conspicuous by their absence in 'The Void', which again points to the fact that Primus's version is the least accurate.

So, yeah, the idea of Unicron existing prior to the creation of the Universe is probably an exaggeration by Primus.

10. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The Nijika aren't Japanese, they're from an alien planet cut off from the rest of the universe for millennia by a quadrant lock, which is why I deliberately avoided the use of the word 'Japanese' in my description of them, and used the vaguer 'samurai' instead. Not sure why that's funny...?

11. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    I'll buy that as soon as everyone here agrees that Ask Vector Prime is non-canon. Until then...

12. Venixion

Venixion Member of the notorious Pew-Pew Posse

News Credits:

Did I say they were? No. Nowhere in my post did I so much as hint at such a thing.

13. LateNights

LateNights Active Member

Calm down, I'm just making the point.

14. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

Because all samurai are Japanese, but not all Japanese are samurai. You could'a just said "vaguely Asian-inspired" or something to that effect, because the funniest part is that the Zamojin had a good amount of Chinese influence as well, specifically in their warriors.

15. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Neoseed

News Credits:
    Auntie created humankind.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Altered Prime

My friend my friend are you misunderstanding a few things?

First of all I find many (if not most) people here and on other sites do debate what they read there And take the information with a grain of salt, and besides that, the commonly held “rule of thumb” On what can constitute canon is pretty well-known and have been in place for quite some time, well before anything Hasbro put out

Secondly, AVP Answers those questions from an “in universe” perspective, meaning from within the body of the fiction.So it doesn’t compare to writer intent or interviews or other things

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  17. Driskull98

Driskull98 Forestonite Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    But since it's not presented within the final product itself, how is it canon? Sure, the writers could've intended for that, and you're more than welcome to interpret it that way yourself as a piece of personal canon, but if it's not implicitly or explicitly showcased in the BW show, it's not really canon.

No arguments here! :) 

18. Altered Prime

I would except it if it had at least been in some kind a follow-up comic book that could be said to be 100% the same continuity and not have some other questions surrounding what continuity it’s connected to

19. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Here's my hierarchy of canon:

1. In-story Transformers lore, i.e. cartoon, comics, box/card inserts (not to be confused with "in character" column commentary aka Ask Vector Prime)
    2. Artistic intent by original artist or author in an official publication (i.e., The Vok steered humanity's development in The Beast Wars Universe book; if Bob Forward were to hypothetically reveal in a sourcebook what the other 10 Vok symbols mean)
    3. Column commentary (Ask Vector Prime, Feedback Columns in comicbooks)
    4. Artistic intent by original artist or author off the record
    5. Fan Theory

------

Anyhow, it's an interesting theory if you take Beast Wars and Beast Machines out of the continuity pile. Although I question exactly how much Teletran-1 can actually accomplish as a small satellite-looking thing. To direct DNA and do actual terraforming, as the OP is implying, you'd need a LOT more then a single ship and a small drone from said ship to accomplish that. Basically, not impossible but immensely improbable.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  20. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Which is a good explanation as to why there are female Transformers. So their female humanoid customers would find them relatable.

For other continuities, Primus was probably aware of gender in organic races and probably felt it would help Cybertronians relate to those races.

• Like Like x 1