Unexpected Ally Prime's New Human Partner?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Spunky, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Well it looks like all the Autobots have human partners at least. Bumblebee has Raf. Bulkhead has Miko. Arcee has Jack. And it looks like Ratchet may be teaming up with June Darby. Given that just about all the bots have human partners, I am wondering if Optimus is going to be given one to protect real soon and this partner could be the unexpected ally the Bots are supposed to be teaming up with in Season 2.

2. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I don't know how they could introduce a human into things right now and make them important enough to warrant a mention like this.

Personally I think his counterpart is supposed to be Fowler.

3. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Fowler sat in Prime in that episode 'Convoy', so I'm guessing Fowler's his ally.

4. Shelbo

Shelbo Hur hur

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Since when might Ratchet team up with June? Just because a new human finds out about the Autobots, doesn't mean they'll pair up. It wouldn't make much sense either, because June has a job and a house to take care of rather than hanging out with giant Transforming robots from space.

So I don't think that Optimus will get a human partner. I think that three humans are enough and I don't want EVERY Bot to have a partner. That will get irritating real quick.

5. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Fowler. Simple as.

6. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Ratchet NEVER teamed up with June. No matter how much you say "It may happen" it won't change the fact. June has a job in an emergency room and a house to run, she can't be hanging out at Omega One all the time. They worked alongside each other once, but they are most certainly not partners. Ratchet seems to hang out with Raf more than June, and we all know Raf is Bumblebee's bro (Bumblebro?).

But yes, I think that Optimus won't ever really get a "partner" to the extent that the others did, I think working with Fowler on an occasional mission will be the extent of anything.

7. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

I hate to say it, but even though I don't like more humans brought into the mix, I think Prime really needs a human partner to lighten him up. Really. I mean just look at him. G1 Prime was just as capable of a leader if not more and even he could lighten up, tell some jokes, and play basketball. He even got laid (Elita One) and this Prime just seems like a no fun guy and probably a virgin too. I can understand the seriousness, but this Prime takes it to an extreme. He either needs a human who can lighten him up or a girlfriend or both or just something.

8. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

Maybe an agent or soldier sent by Fowler to help/put an eye on autobot´s activities. This way the "human side" of the show could gain some maturity (for example, avoiding the "upps, Miko run across the Space Bridge again to mess the mission" scenes)

9. Ribieconvoy

News Credits:
    Why do you care about transformers' love lives? Just a few months ago you were complaining you didn't want that in a show because of hamsters goin at it, and although this Prime is serious, Ratchet explained: There is a reason for it. We just don't know why yet. We've never had an Optimus this serious before. It's a bit of a change of pace and can be boring at times, but partnering him up with a human won't change anything. If the kids have been there long enough to make RATCHET lighten up, then certainly Prime won't.

10. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    Completely agree,especially with the love part

11. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Would you stop bringing up old posts of the past and stay on topic? This Optimus is boring. Plain and simple. He's one of the weakest characters when he should be one of the strongest. He needs to lighten up and develop a personality for crying out loud. And yes the kids brought that out in Ratchet but Ratchet sure interacts with them alot more than Prime does. Especially Raf. This Prime really needs someone to bring out the kid a little bit in him. I'm not saying he should be an irresponsible goof. But I'd like him to be a little more like G1 Prime at least. This episode proved it. Jack: "Want to see something funny?" Prime: "No". This is just getting to be too much. This Prime needs to lighten up and also be humbled a bit. He needs to be humbled into realizing that he is not some strictly rational and emotionless god-like being but, like the rest of us, still human. Still imperfect enough to lose control, lose his temper, and even cry.

12. hush

hush [REDACTED]

Being serious is a personality trait. It simply may not be one that you like.

And therein lies your problem. This is not G1.

I am by no means this Optimus' biggest fan; I find him to be the least engaging of the cast, but it's obvious that his demeanor is intentional. All that you desire to see in this Prime may well come to fruition as part of a future character arc.

13. Ribieconvoy

News Credits:
    I believe I am staying on topic despite bringing up those posts, since they bring a valid point to the discussion at hand. And I DID discuss why Prime seems to be boring. The "NO" moment in the latest episode was a bit extreme, I agree, but you're forgetting the fact that he was dealing with an EXTREME problem at the moment, and I'm certainly in no mood for lolcats when I'm dealing with something serious. Like it or not, this Prime's personality IS serious, solemn, and sometimes boring. I know people in real life like that. It doesn't make them any less of a person. Prime is dealing with a a guerrilla war right now that his team is on the brink of losing, and he is leading a team. He needs to be strict and proper, because right now there is no time for him to mess around and set a bad example for his troops. He needs to run the base alongside Ratchet, plan defenses/attacks, worry about how they'll find more energon, so if his troops see him cracking under pressure it will make them realize that everything isn't okay, affecting their state of mind and possibly their effectiveness in combat, so he doesn't have time to go around picking someone up from school, racing RC cars with them, driving them to work, go off roading, etc. If he goes at this with a "whatever" state of mind, his team will lose. He needs to stay level headed and make level headed decisions. Sometimes that clouds his vision, and that is a character fault.
    It took a human casualty to open his eyes to the fact Megatron needs to go.

14. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    We've touched on this subject before and I believe is not pratical for Rathet or Optimus to have a so called human partner. The other 3 bots have their charges, they leave the base to guard and protect them, they take them on side trips and have fun with them. Ratchet and Optimus have duties that in Ratchet's case tie him to the base for the most part and Optimus not only constantly monitors the base but the entire Earth...so no, I don't think either of them are candidates for a single human to protect, they both are watching out for all of humanity. :2c: 

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  15. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:

The fights between autobots and decepticons is probably going to start causing human injuries and/or casualties.
    They'll probably need someone who's skilled in treating human injuries. June Darby, especially since she already knows of the aubots and decepticons probaby fits the bill.

I mean how long until in the field the autobots stumble upon soldiers injured after a decepticon attack? How long until civilians end up getting caught in the crossfire? The ground bridge doesn't seem to work all the time, given they need coordinates, communication. What if the land bridge isn't able to lock on? When that happens, June Darby can at least give first aid treatment, CPR etc. Considering Ratchet doesn't have the right tools, not an expert in human medicine and might be a bit too big, he'll probably need June Darb's help.

16. Soundbytes

Soundbytes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I wouldn't want June and Ratchet going on dates or anything, i'td be kinda nice to see them next to each other in the background talking and nodding while pointing at a monitor.

17. IceMagnus

IceMagnus I like it loud!

News Credits:
    To me it will be Sierra.

18. Soundbytes

Soundbytes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ha i can just see her circling around Optimus talking her brain out and Optimus just sort of ignores it.

19. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know, we don't even know that much about Sierra. She's a student and cheerleader in Jack's school. And Vince seems attracted to her. Not much else. Nothing on her character or personality. The only thing we know of her is that she wanted to have a ride with Jack. She may or may not be a car enthusiast.

Also for some reason she pops in when Arcee is with Jack. First meeting, Jack first meets Arcee. Second meeting, Jack riding to some place with Arcee. The next point, when Jack is riding with Bumblebee during the race. And the last time, Jack allows her to ride with him on Arcee's vehicle mode. I think the writers should have the two meet inside school because this is starting to make me question things about Sierra.

20. IceMagnus

IceMagnus I like it loud!

News Credits:
    LoLz