Uneven Classics Numbers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Incepticon, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Just looking at what we have (and are about to have) with the Classics line, and noticed that the Autobots outnumber the Decepticons by a count of 3:

AUTOBOTS
    - Optimus Prime
    - Bumblebee
    - Rodimus
    - Cliffjumper
    - Mirage
    - Jetfire
    - Grimlock
    - Ultra Magnus

DECEPTICONS
    - Megatron
    - Starscream
    - Astrotrain
    - Skywarp
    - Ramjet

Could it be safe to assume those 3 empty 'Con spots might already be reserved for Thundercracker, Dirge & Thrust? Seems to be the easiest & quickest way to match the character numbers, especially since we haven't heard anything about other "short list" Decepticons on the drawing board. Or is that just wishful fan thinking? :) 

And yeah, okay, I guess Devastator is technically apart of the 'Con line-up as well, but I'm not really counting it since it's just a rehash/repaint of a previous shitty line... Energron or Cybertron or whatever.

2. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    That's a helluva lot better than the ALT Autobot/Decepticon ratio...

3. Quantum_Penguin

Quantum_Penguin Be seeing you...

It was in Energon, and Energon Constructicon Maximus is a far better toy than G1 Devastator ever was. :p 

4. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Fair enough, if you don't mind that it got dwindled down to 5 characters, with 2 sets of characters that are the exact same mold, in turn only making it 3 actual unique designs. It might be a better quality toy (which wouldn't take much anyway), but it's a far throw of being as imaginative & diverse as the original G1 Constructicons were.

But whatever, that's not really the point of the thread, so moving along...

5. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

I'd be happier if the Classics Devastator wasn't just three molds...and yeah, we're doing a lot better than with Alternators. But yeah, I agree - I'd like to see parity.

6. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    See, I'm in the other camp when it comes to the Alternators. While some people would prefer a more even Autobot to Decepticon ratio, I would have been more than content *just* having Autobots, specifically the bulk of G1 car/truck Autobots in place of Grimlock & 'Con's being turned into cars along with entirely new characters. But that's just me.

7. Getter Eagle

Getter Eagle Banned

Welcome to the past 4 main lines. I was trying to seperate my collection by displaying them by series, and by side, but the shelves worked out crazy uneven. Then I realized I had OCD and just threw everything up where it fits.

Anyway, the past few lines have been incredibly uneven. Energon tried to remedy that with the basics, which were troop builders, so you could make your forces as big as you wanted (if you were a kid, regardles of age, and wanted your teams to be even)

I'd like to see the autobots outnumbered for a change! There's plenty of Decepticons you can dredge up from the past to fill out a line. I'm just always rooting for the villain.

8. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't mind the bad guys being a little outnumbered. It let's them be more powerful and then the autobots can do their usual boyscout teamwork speeches and be all 'power of friendship' crap to save the day. As long as they give us the important figures, I'm good. Like for the cons this time around, I'd like the rest of the seekers (Sunstorm optional) and Shockwave. Soundwave would be awesome but we know that's not happening. If we got all them then they could make 100 autobots and I'd be fine. Ok not really, but you get the idea.

9. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Add me to the list of people that would have preferred if Alternators had stayed Autobots only. I don't dislike the Cons, but it just seemed a bit forced trying to squeeze all these Decepticon repaints in there when much better Autobots could have been made. (see Swindle vs Trailbreaker).

As for classics, it would be nice for the line to be even, but no biggie. Although I really would like to see another Voyager sized Con.

10. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

I hope we do see a more of a even number in classic and also hope that we do get all the seekers. As for the uneven ratio, you be suprise how much closer the numbers are if you dont count the countless repaints and upgrades. It seems that a good number of the Bots are just repiants. I keep most of the repaints in their package or keep the orginal and open the repaint or upgrade and thats how i notice the numbers

11. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Autobots outnumber Decepticons in almost every line. Classics is no different.

12. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    ditto....

13. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Meh. The Decepticons have been outnumbered ever since the early days of G1. Seriously, it's always been that way and I doubt it's going to change anytime soon.

Of course, this would be the only line that I think we might actually get even numbers, because... as has been stated... Thundercracker, Ramjet & Dirge are easy repaints and Hasbro would be foolish not to release them at some point. There's some other stuff I'd like to see repaint wise also, but we'll see what comes in the future as I personally hate speculation... but yet am so very very addicted to it.

14. ProtoformX

ProtoformX Beasties!

News Credits:
    lest we forget we are also getting soundwave under the Classic line....kinda

so you can always have him as part of your lineup...im thinking about it

15. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess you could consider him part of the classics line (especially sense they don't plan on releasing a "classic" one) and I have been considering picking the reissue up myself to put with the my Classics. However, I've already got both TFC Soundwave and Soundblaster so the only way I'm going to pick him up is if he does end up being a repaint of Soundblaster done up as Soundwave.

16. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

I wouldn't really count Soundwave as part of the classic line, he's part of the commemorative series just in classic style boxin' and i think it saids it on the box too. it's just like I dont count MP OP dvd edition a part of classics. unless it says classics on the box then it will go with the classic line...but thats just me

17. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    The Autobots have always outnumbered the Decepticons. It's what keeps the fight even, considering the 'Cons are almost all built for combat and most of the 'Bots aren't.

18. Rama Sha

Rama Sha Tosche Station Pimp

Ebay:
    Total Agreement.

Yeah, it's always going to be that way. Heroes sell better then Villians is one of the 3 big toy dogmas, along with "Females don't sell." and "Big toys take up too much shelf space." You'd have to change both retailer and Hasbros mind on those to get a line where the villians outnumber the good guys.

Same here. And I wouldn't completely rule out a Soundwave if the Classics line does well.

19. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    but almost all of the cartoons portray the villians as inept, so it's rather pointless.

the way I see it, the reason heroes sell better is because of what I just said: the media portrays villains as idiots who always lose to the good guys. The kids want to root for the winner, regardless of side.

for me, I always preferred design aesthetics to which side a character was on. When I was a kid, Shockwave, Soundwave, and Movie Galvatron were the coolest characters ever. Well, they kind of still are :p 

20. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It barely says Classics on the box at all for the real Classics. The only thing I saw (and I just checked the package of my Hot Rod) is it saying 'Classic Deluxe' on the bottom. No line title banner under the Transformers header like the last 3 lines.