Understanding Vector Sigma in the G1 Cartoon

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Distant1, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Distant1

Distant1 Well-Known Member

After reading through the thread about the Quintessons, A better creator race than the Quintessons? I wanted to create a thread about the connection (if any) between the Quintessons and Vecta Sigma and Vector Sigma, in general. Any responses to one or multiple questions a very welcome.

1. Essentially, do you think that Vector Sigma was brought to a planet that we now know as Cybertron, by the Quintesson?

2. Do you think it was Vector Sigma that gave the early Cybertronians emotions, which gave the early Cybertonians the motive to banish the Quintessons?

3. Do you think it was Vector Sigma acting alone that gave the Cybertronians special powers like teleporting, creating realistic holograms, etc?

4. How do you explain that Alpha Trion had a key to Vector Sigma and Shockwave did not have a key to Vector Sigma?

5. For about 9M years (from around the time Orion Pax became Optimus Prime to the creation of the Stunticons) were any transformers given personality by Vector Sigma)?

6. Do you think that the reason why the Decepticons moved their operations to Cybertron by 2005 was to stop Autobots creating new Autobots?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  2. Distant1

I will say, yes. I have thought that maybe Vector Sigma is like Primus in the Comics and thus would have no connection to the Quints. But given the fact that the Quintessons could shut down all transformer life through a lever (presumably linked to Vector Sigma), I am going to say that the Quints brought Vector Sigma to Cybertron.

Yes, I think that there was a setting on Vector Sigma that to produce robots with emotions that the Quints did not intend to use. For some reason, Vector Sigma rebelled against the Quints and gave the early Cybertronians emotions which lead to the banishment of the Quints.

Yes, similar to my answer to Question 2, I will say that Vector Sigma alone gave powers to Cybertronians / Transformers. I think it would be weird if the Quints made one out of every 100 or so robots could just disappear or teleport.

I like to think that Alpha Trion beat Shockwave in a card game. In all seriousness, I think that Vector Sigma gave a key to Vector Sigma as some sort of balance between good and evil (with a bias on the good side). I think that the occasional Decepticon was spiritually connected to Vector Sigma, so new Decepticons could be created when Vector Sigma was online or awake (so no key was required at those times).

In the Key to Vector Sigma episode, it sounds like Optimus Prime does not know what Vector Sigma looks like. Which seems strange, so maybe only Autobots were re-built during his time as Optimus Prime, until the creation of the Autobots. Rumble, also does not know what Vector Sigma, but that may be because he does not occupy a leadership position. However, I think that for the 4M years that Optimus and Megatron were in stasis on earth that maybe Alpha Trion created new Autobots to get energy from other planets.

I think that it is part of the reason. The Decepticons were probably got enough fuel from the earth and other planets to live on Cybertron. However, with the key to Vector Sigma destroyed it would seem almost impossible for the Decepticons to create new Decepticons with fully functioning Cybernetic personalities. Presumably, with through the Matrix's link to Alpha Trion, the Autobots could still create new Autobots so the Decepticons had to shut down this potential supply line.

3. Fishsticks

Fishsticks Well-Known Member

You're... answering your own questions?

• Like Like x 3
  4. Distant1

Yeah, I just want at least one reply. They are just my answers but I am sure there are better answers out there.

5. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    I always thought Vector Sigma emerged as the Transformers became sentient and rebellious of the Quintessons.
    Like it was born as the Transformers evolved a consciousness.
    Then Alpha Trion was created by it to start a rebellion against the Quints.

Or something like that.

But TBH Season 3 was kind of a mess in a lot of ways...

6. Distant1

Yeah, it is a bit hard to follow, I sometimes think of S3 as a new show with some S1 and S2 characters sprinkled in.

I think Vector Sigma has been on Cybertron since the Quints first arrived (or shortly after).

If Vector Sigma is a creation of the Quintessons maybe it rebelled and cause the early Cybertronians to rebel.