Understanding "The Return of Donna Troy"

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Primal, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    View:Source: Comic Book Resources

2. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

First off,
    quote=mini-series and rejoiced when DC announced the four-issue "DC Special: Return of Donna Troy" mini-series by writer Phil Jimenez and artist Jose Garcia Lopez[/quote]
    Don't they mean George Perez?

Anyway, Ipicked up the first issue and was confused as all hell. Like brain decaying confused. So I haven't picked up anything on it since. It would have worked 100 times better as a Titan/Outsider crossover but the Brainiac one that replaced it was much better.

3. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

man the way it sounds it adds some further proof to who's going bye bye in the crisis

4. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Well, that cleared up absolutely nothing. Maybe next time he tries to clear this tale up, he'll actually attempt to clear things up and not make excuses for why fans are screaming WTF?.

5. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

I think Garcia-Lopez did the penciling, Perez did the inking. But I can't find my copy at the moment.

6. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

Seconded. I only knew Donna was an Amazon (as Wonder Girl) and a Darkstar. The stuff about her being a Titan of Myth and everything to do with that was a big W-T-F from me.

7. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

One of the biggest problems with the mini-series leading into Infinite Crisis is that some expect the reader to know a ridiculous amount of backstory. Return of Donna Troy is tied with Rann-Thanagar for being the worst offender -- when was the last time the Titans of Myth were seen in the DCU?

They should've just done Day of Vengeance and OMAC/Sacrifice (minus the first 3 issues), and dumped the rest. Villains United is a good idea looking for a plot.

-XCN-