Underappreciated Giant Robots! -ZOIDS-

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Cypherdrive S7, Aug 20, 2006.

1. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

I have a collection of Zoids. I have collected Zoids back in the 80's as a kid and believe it or not, I even had a long pen-pal relations with Michael Cheong, who was the CEO of TOMY in Singapore. He was the CEO of TOMY, untill they closed down their factory in Singapore, in the 90's.

Part I:
    [​IMG]

Part II:
    [​IMG]

Part III:
    [​IMG]

Part IV:
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the low quality images, I took them out from an old family home video. My Zoids Collection sits at my parents' house.

2. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Nice, man! I had a bunch of the ones you have in the pics as a kid. Regrettably, I sold some at a garage sale and now, of course, I regret it. I still have some kicking around and they're fun to take slightly apart and then try to put back together sans instructions.

3. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

Pardon the bad pick, but this Zoid is one of my favorites.

[​IMG]

I have since painted the claws gold so it's a better match now.

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    One of my favourites, the Web Exclusive LTD-07 Sturm Tyrann:
    [​IMG]
    That bad boy wasn't cheap, but OH so very worth the money....

5. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is a re-paint a did a couple years ago.

[​IMG]

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

7. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

Sadly, as much as I loved Zoids, I couldnt really afford to continue with the new released in Japan. I missed getting my very own Cannonfort. :( 

This thread reminds me that I need to dig out my ultraposeable Liger Zero with Panzer accessories, though. My work computer needs decorating.

8. Cypherdrive S7

Cypherdrive S7 J00 got pwnt!

I forgot to mention that I have KZ-01 Liger Zero and KZ-02 Berserk Fuhrer. I love these two because of the posable aspect and the alternate armors (wich I have yet to procure...)
    I had some cute pics of Liger Zero acting like a pet dog with my Cyan Spartan Halo figure (bob). Its cute XD

9. kamadoma

kamadoma New Member

re:

Hi everyone, glad to see there are some more who are interested in Zoids. Zoids have been around since 1983, with several lines popping out in Japan, Europe, Asia and U.S.

I'm from the Philippines and one member of the Zoid fanbase here we call "ZOIDS PHILIPPINES"

Well for me Zoids have been play buddies 8 years ago, but now majority of them were gone (had around 8 Zoids back then) but luckily I was able to restore my biggest Zoid during that time, which is Ultrasaurus. The same one in IACON's post.

I used to collect the Ligers, but then I also had desire to collect the Tyrannosaurus types, but now like Cypherdrive I like the Saber Tiger variants most. So far I have 6 and lack some more vintage versions, so I decided to rack up on spare Saber Tigers for customizations. I lack the European release (in IACON's pic) and the Original Japanese release, and some other variants.

[​IMG]

I observed some Zoid fans are either collectors who focus more on collecting, and there are some we call "darthers" who customize more, here in Philippines we have a lot of very good customizers and some hardcore collectors.

Zoids aren't that poseable unless you do something about their joints. So far here's my latest attempt to articulate a Saber Tiger.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    His head can tilt a little too.
    [​IMG]

@Draven, hey there, I see you also post here.

10. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Saw the oddest thing at a TRU on Sunday. Radio controled toys that were completely ripped off of several Zoids molds. Shield Liger, Dibison, Gojalas, and a couple others. Done up in white and black color schemes with LEDs in the cockpits and roaring sounds when you ran them.

11. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron FFFF

I still want a Berserk Fury...

12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Try to get hold of the Japanese Fuzors Buster Fuhrer; it's a Berserk Fury & a Blox Buster Eagle, with a special attachment piece to join them together. Badass as hell.

13. Cypherdrive S7

Cypherdrive S7 J00 got pwnt!

Though the Berserk Fuhrer is bad-ass, it has one fatal flaw as a walking modle...The battery unit is set a bit too far foward, making it too front heavy...Mine would take two stepps and fall flat on its face...I guess you could solve this by hiding some change inside of the tail to give it some weight. But I found that the Geno Saurer/Breaker Zoids are better...

I dunno, the light violet armor just isn't as scary as a blood-red T-rex type with giant claws...X3