Under Defeat (Dreamcast)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by undertaker, Mar 29, 2006.

1. undertaker

undertaker Deadman's Disciple

Just wanted to see if anyone else picked this up and to see what people think of it. Graphically speaking, it's a nice addition. I haven't had much of a chance to play it yet, and the few times I tried to play it, my Dreamcast acted up mid-game (never had a problem with imports before), returning to the system menu screen. For what little I played (through level 1, twice), it's pretty good. I like the fact that the helicopter doesn't point straight forward as you move across the screen, sort of replicating the actual motions of a helicopter turning. Adds a bit to the game since you don't have to be directly in front of an enemy to be able to shoot at it (though the converse holds for the enemies' targeting abilities, too).

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I haven't picked it up yet, but I've been thinking about it. It's nice to know that there's a new Dreamcast game.

3. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    I will get it just because it's a new Dreamcast game

4. undertaker

undertaker Deadman's Disciple

... and Under Defeat isn't even the first release for the DC this year, the first being Rajirugi/Radilgy (numerous names or spellings for it). If all goes as I hope, we may see another game or two released since companies are still producing games for the Naomi arcade hardware ("Dreamcast arcade hardware").

Oh, and Shin, I suggest you not wait too long to get Under Defeat. Rajirugi came out last month, and I think it's pretty much sold out (at least from the game shops I order games from) already. I'm not sure of the production numbers on the game, so you might be in good shape. I thought I heard that production numbers for Rajirugi were between 5,000 and 10,000 copies.