Uncharted 2 is coming?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got this email today. While I don't qualify (only 2 years exp in Maya and definitely not Uncharted level)...

· "Naughty Dog's new franchise for the PS3 could be the biggest first-party title of the year." –Gamespy

· "Naughty Dog has always had a reputation for squeezing the utmost performance and fidelity out of Sony's hardware, and it looks like that tradition will continue with Uncharted." -Gamespot (Gamespot Preview)

· “Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune: One of the Most Beautiful Games ever Created “–( Play Magazine)

· ”The whole thing has the polish of a major motion picture and goes out of its way to immerse you in the experience with amazing cut-scenes, music and more. This game is flat-out fun to play. Leaping from ledges is awesome, shootouts are fun, and the occasional vehicle section is a nice change of pace. Still, the pirate battles can be a bit much.”-IGN)

· ”Naughty Dog delivers one of 2007's finest action titles”- (Gamespy)

Senior Environment Artist

Responsibilities:

* Creating models for both architectural and organic natural environments.
    * Trouble shoot levels and maintain them, so they stay in frame rate, memory and design spec.

Requirements/ Bonus Skills:

* 3-5 years experience games or games related experience modeling and texturing environments using Maya
    * Strong experience and techniques in creating plants, shrubs and vines using cards/flats.
    * Strong artistic ability to visualize entire levels and detail with minimal concept art and direction.
    * Strong technical ability to manage assets to fit memory, design, and frame rate limits.
    * Strong polygonal modeling skills- able to generate clean and efficient models at a very fast pace.

* Self-motivated- requires minimal direction, can carry on the vision for the level until completion and commit to deadlines.
    * Good communication skills – able to help others and ask for help when needed. Being proactive in sharing info and assets.
    * great team-player attitude - being flexible with new ideas, being open to direction and changes. Listening to team mates.
    * Deadline oriented- being able to manage and organize work so he meets all the deadlines and is able to adjust when changes happen.
    * Excellent eye for light, shade, and color,.
    * An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
    * Foundation in the traditional arts

This could mean Jak4, but the fact that they are focused on Plants, vines and foliage leads me to believe that they might be looking for folks to make more jungles for Nate to run around in.

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Apply anyway.

Also, NO MORE JAK!

Uncharted!

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I'm definitely applying... I'll talk myself up, there is always room to learn, or I can ask for Tester positions or Cinematic positions. Hell I can edit their trailers.

But I'd definitely rather follow Nate around. Jak was fun, but this is Naughty Dog's best series, and I want to start seeing the new serialized titles. Nathan Drake: and the hangover of Last Night.

4. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Awesome. Good luck. Even more reason for me to buy the sequel if someone I know works on it. :D 

5. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Good luck Windy and thanks for the info. I think we figured a sequel but a little encouragement never hurts.

6. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good luck Windy hope you get it. Oh and make a suggestion to do Uncharted 2 like the National Treasure movies have him search for clues around the world.

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks guys. If anything I am hoping to see if they have anything in Cinematics. I think through the grapevine, these guys think that I'm some great modeler, but honestly, I'm more and editor compositor, so if John over in Media is like "Oh hey, we're looking for someone to help with directing the cinematics," then maybe I'll get lucky.

8. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Is the play style similar to Jak? I'm a big fan of Naughty Dog's games in general, but I sorta stink at shooters. On the other hand, I've seen video games of Drake climbing and stuff. So is it sorta an "all-in-one" playstyle like Jak or more of just a shooter?

9. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Offer to be Amy Hennings bitch!

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The game really really isn't a FPS or TPS in that I can't remember one point in the game where I was running and gunning, and when you do, you really don't want to use the stick to aim, rather run and shoot like crazy and let the auto aim do it for you.

It's more of a shooter where Cover is your number 1 friend. So you wont run and gun, but there is a LOT of gunplay, but it's mainly from behind cover. So you do need to know how to aim, but for the most part, not run and do it at the same time.

I'll be the Motion Cap guy for all the bastards getting killed. Did I mention that my death-cry is on Freelancer? When you kill bad guys, somewhere in the game, I scream. I think I should mention that to them.

11. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I still need to get the first one.

12. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Uncharted is fantastic. It better be a sequel.

13. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Stop being so modest about yourself and do it! :D 

14. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

tell them to make it longer! and more bewbs! and put snake in it!

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  16. DaggersRage

Here's a new article from IGN about Uncharted 2.

IGN: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Preview

I havent read it yet though.

EDIT: Now I have. One of the bigger changes seems to be the stealth vs guns blazing approach. Of course I'll be doing the guns blazing whenever the opportunity comes :) 

17. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nate doesn't really blaze guns though. I mean the game has A LOT of shooting, but if you run out guns blazing, you get nuked really fast. The cover system is tops in the game, and one thing I love is that you are really playing an Indiana Jones movie with the crazy gun fights from covered areas.

18. DaggersRage

That's still guns blazing, but just keeping your head down.

19. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When I think stealth I think Metal Gear not Uncharted.

20. DaggersRage

So should stealth be a feature only to Metal Gear games?