Unarmed Combat

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Gordon_4, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    While we're sure there will be glorious battles involving firearms of a most destructive nature in this film, there should also be at least a few scenes where an Autobot and a Decepticon go head to head with their fists.

Now, this has been rolling around in my head for a while now: how should they fight when doing hand to hand?

Given Hollywood's preoccupation with Kung Fu style fighting, I'm hoping to see something more, real. Basically I'm thinking something along the lines of Judo, or Jujitsu if I had to choose an actual martial art.

What do you all think, should the Cybertronian Martial Arts get an outing in this film, or would your basic military unarmed combat systems look bad arse enough being enacted by our favourite machines.

2. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

Judo or Jujitsu are both based on human anatomy and balance. Humans are basically all built the same way (more or less) but the bots are very much diverse and not uniformal which would make those type of martial arts very ineffective. This includes any martial arts that rely on throws (uniformal balance), holds (uniformal anatomy), or joint locks (pain threshold).

So from the getgo, any martial arts used will most likely have to be striking based.
    Realistic styles, I liked Batman Began's style (KFM) and the ones used in Bourne Identity.

3. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

From the concept renders, it would seem that Jazz will probably be the one excelling in melee combat. Ironic since he's the smallest bot (who isn't a drone). With the shield and blade, it's kinda obvious what style he'll be using.

Prime looks like he's gonna be doing a bit of arm-to-arm combat so my nomination for him would be: kickboxing. A little more emphasis on boxing than kicks but with solid kick techniques.

Ironhide: pro wrestling. Yes, you heard me right :)  He doesn't care how odd looking his opponents will be, through sheer brute strength, he'll slam, throw, or pummel them if they get too close. Just picturing Ironhide doing a Mafia Kick on some Con gets me giddy.

4. Wheelchairninja

Wheelchairninja Well-Known Member

If there is some sort of hand to hand combat between the autobots, it'll probably be something Bay and the other producers came up with on their own. With all the alien parts they have, trying to use known martial arts might make them feel too human. Heck, most of the Decepticons have blades coming out of nearly every square inch of their robotic forms.

5. JazzimusPrime

JazzimusPrime Member

From the image of Prime vs Bonecrusher,where hes getting ready for the uppercut, it looks like Prime fights the same way he fought in that battle against Megs in TFTM. What ever style that is lol

6. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wrestling, WWE style.

DDTs, belly to belly suplexes, pile drivers, and Stone Cold stunners.

Oh and let us not forget the Cybertronian Elbow

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I'm sure BC can think of some creative fighting moves with those arms of his.

Same with Starscream and Ironhide.

8. RowdyHavokRolla

RowdyHavokRolla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prime better stone cold stunner megatron or else im not seeing the movie

9. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I noticed that most bots have some sort of melee combat weapon. Barricade with his killer yo-yos, Brawl and Starscream with their arm mounted claws, Jazz with the sword and shield and Ratchet with the axe etc etc. I get the feeling they'll be fighting more like medevil knights with no specified combat styles then doing kung fu or anything. Though I can certainly see Jazz goin all 'kung fu' as a joke or something, but my guess is that his feet will stay on the ground and he'll be using the wheels in his heels to gain some speed over the 'cons.

10. perceptor30

perceptor30 perceptor30

If it's any indication of their agility, look at how nimble Starscream looks while transforming and doing a backflip onto the bridge. In the script Prime scans the entire internet database, so somewhere in all of that matrtial art, hand to hand, and even earth bound weapons and deployment tatics. i'm pretty sure that somewhere in this movie we will see some fighting reminicent of jackie chan or mike tyson. ( we can only hope so anyway,right?):stick:  :poke  :throw  :duel 

11. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Brute force!

12. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but Im almost positive their will be no jitsu are any form of martial art in this movie because: A: Unless they download a jetli movie...I could see it happen. B: Ironhide is a cowboy, not Oriental :lol  C: Let aloan the fact that theyve learned how to fight over hundreds of years...leads me to the conclusion, they punch it in the face it will fall. And then again, why fight hand to hand, when you can eliminate your target from a distance??? Know Im almost postive that Bone crusher and Prime will be doing hand to hand, for verious reason, because bonecrusher has more close ranged weapons in his arsenal....plus they are skating on a highway so moving alot makes shooting a problem.

13. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I know for a fact that Megatron comes at Optimus Prime with a Psycho Crusher, but Optimus counters with a Shoryuken.

FACT.

14. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Rugs are Oriental. People are Asian. Just for future reference.

15. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I believe Carlos Mencia said that

....while doing a stereotypical asian accent >_>

also, on topic:

I reitterate, there will be loads of melee combat, but it won't be in any 'style'.

16. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Metallikato FTW

17. bushboy

bushboy Hardcore Decepticon

I just wanna see an all out slugfest between Prime and Megatron. The kind that they have been known to do in the animated movie and recent comics.

18. Exitspeed

Exitspeed Well-Known Member

I wanna see Prime and Megatron reenact Tito Ortiz VS Ken Shamrock 1. Prime being Ortiz.

19. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Who cares??

Anyways, yea hand to hand obviously primes form of combat. Especially since his bio was about him becoming a war machine.

Should be interesting to see him and Bone Fighting.

20. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

Yoda at first glance seems least likely to participate in melee combat, but after watching the movie, I would not go against that little green man. I won't underestimate Hollywood little people after that movie! lol