Digibash: Un. RID series Ideas

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Ravenxl7, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Alpha Trion-
    [ATT]17487[/ATT]

[ATT]17568[/ATT]

"Orion Pax"-
    [ATT]17559[/ATT]

[ATT]17558[/ATT]

Optimus Prime-
    [ATT]17554[/ATT]

Ironhide-
    [ATT]17996[/ATT]

Side Swipe-
    [ATT]17564[/ATT]

Prowl-
    [ATT]17565[/ATT]

Sideburn-
    [ATT]17566[/ATT]

X-brawn-
    [ATT]17567[/ATT]

Build Team-
    [ATT]17563[/ATT]

Storm Jet-
    [ATT]17869[/ATT]

[ATT]17870[/ATT]

T-AI-
    [ATT]17560[/ATT]

Megatron Animated style-
    [ATT]17556[/ATT]

[ATT]17814[/ATT]

Sky-bite-
    [ATT]17557[/ATT]

Jhiaxus-
    [ATT]17867[/ATT]

[ATT]17868[/ATT]

Mega-Octane-
    [ATT]17562[/ATT]

[ATT]17561[/ATT]

Ruination-
    [ATT]17569[/ATT]

Attached Files:

2. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    very cool octane looks alot like overlord . so i can dig him alot.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Don't you mean Overload? It's just basically Overload with Orange and Black replacing the yellow and some of the brown details on him. The pre-existing green camo is why I got the idea to do the digibash, and why I might actually do it as a kitbash.

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I'm thinking Side Swipe doesn't really work - I'd have thought it'd make a better Crosswise (maybe removing the engine intakes). And without the engine it could make a good REV.
    I'm also not entirely sold on Sideburn. To be honest I think the Nissan mould would look better for him.

Prowl and X-Brawn look good. And of course there's potential for the other decos too (I always used the supercharged versions as new characters, using the alternate names Mach Alert, Speedbreaker and Wild Ride).

And I like the Overload as Mega-Octane too. A splash of orange on the chest and a black head, and he should really look the part. Once Hound comes out, maybe you could get a Rollbar out of him, too, with a Classics Astrotrain repainted as Movor.

You already know what I think of the Landfill team. :thumb 

5. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

overload overload whatever i cant keep how many names this guys gotten lol. i see thats cool man. cant wait to see them done.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    While you have a good point there, I just like how the mold looks in that almost mint-like green color :D . As for Sideburn, eh, I like this idea of mine, and I also like the thought of the Classics Rodimus mold in his color scheme.

Yep, both of these look almost perfect. Only thing I can think of that would make the prowl one better is an actual light bar.

Yeah, I could easily do the others. Only one that would give me any trouple is Ro-Tor, which is one reason I hope we get a new Deluxe mold helicoper-bot in the near future. Hound to Rollbar and Astrotrain to Movor would be really easy kitbashes. New heads would be something I would definitely do to all of them if I were to do the whole time. Not something I'm currently planning on doing, but something I wouldn't mind doing eventually.

lol. Well, you most likely won't see them at all, as the only one of this group I'm currently considering doing is Mega-Octane. If I had plenty of extra cash and time to do them, I'd probably attempt updating a majority of the RID cast, but as-is I might do one or two of these ideas I'm coming up with at the most.

Edit: Just remembered the RID Optimus Prime digibash of the new Voyager class Inferno mold.

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Heh. Fair enough. I'd still recommend having a crack at a Crosswise digi, though, as I reckon that could work really well. Maybe he could be a sort of mid to dark metallic blue-grey (as the original fella is tinted clear).

Indeed. And of course you could easily nick one of those off a Prowl, or a movie Barricade or something. I'm actually having a go at scratchbuilding a lightbar for the mould using clear acrylic and styrene.

Yeah, I've seen that, and I really don't like it. RiD Prime's pretty sleek, and doesn't suit the boxy chest that the Inferno mould has. For the same reasons, I don't like it as Hot Spot either, which I've also seen him digibashed into.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I actually agree. That digibash was more out of boredom than anything. The way I see it, it's a cross between RID and Energon Optimus Prime, and definitely something I never plan to do.

9. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Universe Sunstreaker/Sideswipe is one of the greatest TF molds ever. The amount of possibilities off that 1 mold are mind-blowing.

I am sad to admit, I've bought and used/am using that figure for over 10 different projects right now.

10. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I have four Sunstreakers so far (Sideswipe's not readily available over here yet), and I'm pretty sure I'll be picking up one or two more soon at least. And at least one Sideswipe as well.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Update: Just added my latest idea. As with all my ideas, there's a chance I will do this, and there's a chance I won't do this. Going to leave this one as a mystery till someone guesses who it is. If I do indeed do this, it'll be the first kitbash of this particular character that I know of (although I wouldn't doubt that someone's probably done one before), and I'm almost 100% sure this would be the first transformable kitbash for this character :wink: 

12. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is the mysetery Tai? colours seem to match up to her dress and i guess the alt mode could be interpreted as the hover disc thing that projects her.

13. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

I agreed with Storm this is got to be T-AI. Those colors got to be it.

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yep, it's T-AI, or Tai, or however one want's to type it. I even have a little store idea for it. Basically she's a transformer, but prefers to use a holograph to communicate with others, and the disc that projects the holograph is actually her true body. If legends Cosmos is as big as I think he is, this will be about in-scale with RID Prime, or just a little too big.

Edit: Also, I have an idea for a decent Megatron kitbash. There's a ko of some kind of cheap transformer at my local Dollar General that I'm planing on getting, and with enough work it should make for at least a decent update of him, but with only one alt-mode. Don't have any pictures of what it looks like, as I'm not sure what it's a ko of, but I'll put up some pictures of it once I buy it, which should be within the next week.

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Question. I have this idea, but I'm not sure what mold would, with enough small modifications for small details (like head and robot details), would work for a RID "Orion Pax", essentially what Prime looked like before becoming the leader of the Autobots. This idea is still in the early stages, so the ideas I have now are just rough first ideas. What are your guesses ideas? Here are a couple of my current ideas:

-Un. Hound
    -Un. Ironhide

Edit: Also, I want to try and find a mold that I'll be able to buy in a store either now or in the future, so I'd rather like to stay away from older molds that aren't being repainted/retooled in the future.

16. Ezilla82

Well was Orion Pax or Optronix a truck of some sort? If he was either Un. Hound or Ironhide would work, but thats up to you. I still think that a RID Orion Pax would be pretty cool to see.

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Every incarnation of him, as far as I know, has been a truck of some kind. A good example is the repaint of the G1 Kup mold that was made. It'd help if we knew what RID Prime looked like before becoming Leader, but all we really know about him back then is that he was built by Alpha Trion, raised with Ultra Magnus, and was chosen by the matrix itself to be the new Leader. On a side note, did we ever actually see what the matrix looked like in the RID/CR series? I honestly can't remember ever seeing it.

Edit: Here's another idea. What about Un. Hot Shot? Something about his robot details makes me think of RID Prime, but smaller. All he'd really need, other than some new colors, is a new head.

18. Ezilla82

You know I don't think they showed one either. Well I think un. Hound could work he's an off road vehicle and with some mods it could be what you wanted.

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yeah, but the more I think about it, the more I think Hound is a bit too bulky for Prime. Hot Shot on the other hand has the more fluid robot parts, but with some boxy outer more armor type parts too him at the same time. His chest design also has some similarities to that of RID Prime's chest. Not sure what I'd do with the extra Jolt though. Might be good for my Database character.

Edit: On a side note, is it just me, or does it look like the two pieces that when put together on Hot shot make up the engine become two hand guns in bot-mode?

20. Ezilla82

So Universe Hot shot might work as RID Orion Pax then. That'll be cool.