Digibash: Un. Landfill Repaint Idea

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Ravenxl7, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hey all. Recently came up with this idea. It's basically the idea to take the Energon Constructicons and repaint them as the RID Build Team members. So far I have two alt-mode digibashes done (Wedge and Heavy Load). I'm still figure out what I should call the fifth team member (the torso). What do you guys think of this idea? Not sure I'll actually do it, as I might try and buy the originals off of a fellow board member. I don't think they'll do it, but this is something I personally would like to see Hasbro do themselves. Would give them repaints of all three Energon Gestalts in one line.

Attached Files:

2. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well, the excavator is Grimlock. it's rid series keep it as that

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I was going to do that, but I'd rather the new member be the torso, that way story wise it can work out that at some point the torso member died, and the remaining four reformatted so that they can combine withought their fallen comrade. I also want to keep the four actual cannon characters the same size. That and I have an interesting color scheme idea for the torso bot that wouldn't work for any of the four others.

Edit: Added the alt-mode pics for Grimlock and Heavytread.

Also, I'm thinking that if I do this, that I might just get the four limbs, kitbash those, and just have them not combine.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Update: Just added the alt-mode digibash of the torso-bot, whom I'm currently calling Leader, as he'll be the Leader of the team. I'm thinking about naming him Landfill. That way, in the story, when he dies his teammates name their gestalt-mode after him.

5. dyingwill3rd

dyingwill3rd Life is a fabled mystery

Why not call him a g1 name? like hoist, grapple, or maybe take the name sixbuilder?

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Eh, mostly because the only cannon characters I want this new one associated with are the RID Build Team members. That and I like the idea I've come up with, and technically Landfill is a G1 characters name. This guy:

http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Landfill_(G1)

Here's all of the alt-modes together:
    http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/Ravenxl7/digibashes/Alt-modeGroupShot.jpg

Edit: For those who are into it, you could almost consider this a shattered glass deco for Devastator.

Also, Hoist, Grapple, and Sixbuilder aren't good names, imo (for at least this bot anyways).

7. grimlockprime

grimlockprime Well-Known Member

actually shattered glass devastator would be white and red

8. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Why would he be white and red?

I like this idea, especially turning the torso into Landfill and having the other bots name their new gestalt mode after him when he dies. That's a really nice touch.

I'd probably swap Heavy Load and Grimlock, myself, but this way round works too.
    Have you considered turning Wedge into an actual bulldozer, swapping the wheels for tracks and fitting a new front blade?

9. Destron23

Destron23 Vehicon

Maybe just call him Landfill and when he combines, it can be an upgraded mose, a bit like super Optimus from Energon. Or maybe a construction name like: Buildor, Buildbot, Shovel-bot etc...

10. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I'm not quite sure what you're saying. Are you suggesting that the torso-bot be a main character and the limbs just an upgrade for it? If so, you've missed the point - all the limb-bots here are already established characters from a previous line. It's just he torso-bot he wants to come up with a character for.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Why? If their Autobot counterpart was Defensor, than I'd agree, but they'd more than likely, imo, be more colorful, like the Rainbow Devastator ko.

Thanks. As for Wedge, I thought about it, but I've decided that if I were to ever actually do this, I'd just do a straight up repaint of the molds. If anything I'd give them new individual heads, and a new gestalt head, but that would be about it retooling wise.

Like Ramrider said, the four limb-bots are more than drones. They are established sentient robots with names and personalities, and I like the connection with the Gestalt-mode name.

12. Destron23

Destron23 Vehicon

I never meant them to be drones, they can upgrade him and still be sentient robots.

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Eh, it's the idea that the gestalt-mode is controled by only one of the five members that bothers me. I'd rather this be like a more traditional gestalt where not only do they physically combine, but their minds also combine.

14. ALPHAMAGNUS

ALPHAMAGNUS Sector70: Reformatting... Veteran

i say drop the "rainbow" theme for the body , and paint him purple. call him Steamhammer. like the original Energon name, it's not a G1 devastator/constructicon anyways. then you can use the story that he "went to the darkside" but his limbs did not

15. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I like this idea, but if if the Leader "Landfill" dies in your story line, how do they combine to make the Gestalt "Landfill"? Maybe I'm just reading it wrong, but I do like the premise! I hope you do take it from digi to wip!!:thumbs2: 

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I like the "rainbow" theme. This way when he's combined with his teammates, whatever part is combined with each bot is the same main color as that bot. Also, at least for this case, I don't like the whole "gone evil" story line. I'm going for something different here.

Thanks. After he dies they reformat their bodies, so that they can combine withought him, and that's when the rename their gestalt-mode after him. If I do this the toys won't be able to do that, it's just a story plot to explain how in RID's timeline it's just the four of them.

17. ALPHAMAGNUS

ALPHAMAGNUS Sector70: Reformatting... Veteran

I just dont like rainbow bots, haha.

not to mention these were all scramble city , doing the color scheme like that limits them to 1 combination.

what is his name now, if his name is landfill now, his comibined mode shouldnt be landfil too? should it?

its your work I was just throwing out an idea.

18. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you watched the show, the main torso bot's name was the same as the combined form so Landfill would fit well

19. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

What are you referring to?
    If it's what I think it is, in the Energon show the individual bots didn't have individual personalities, just as in Japan, the figs were only available as a gestalt giftset. The combined form (say, Devastator Maximus) essentially split into five 'drones', and didn't bother giving them separate names.

That's not what's happening here; the combined form is to be a true gestalt like the G1 combiners.

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yeah, it limits them to one combination, but it'll look good like that, imo. As for their combined-mode name while Landfill is still alive, well, I'm still working on that atm. Trying to think up new names that would fit with the team.

Like Ramrider said, this isn't supposed to be another Energon Gestalt, only a repaint of one of the Energon Gestalt toys homaging a RID Gestalt.

Yep :thumbs2: 

In the end I probably won't do this one. It's just another kitbash idea I come up with, that I really hope ends up being an actual Hasbro product. Most likely won't, but one can always dream.