Digibash: Un. Blitzwing Idea

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Ravenxl7, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hey all. Came up with this idea last night, and decided to post it on here to get some opinions on it. It's basically supposed to be a Cybertronian Hover tank alt-mode using the Universe Cyclonus mold. The pictures aren't all that good, but they get the point across well enough imo. If I do this I would add some bulk to the turret, to, well...make it look more like a turret on a tank. I personally like it, what do you think?

Edit: luke4 has figured it out. This is my idea for a Universe Blitzwing. He'll even have both alt-modes, though both will be Cybertronian.

Attached Files:

2. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

definately has some serious potential.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks. I've been tweaking with it, and even though it would mean the head would be exposed in alt-mode, I think I'm going to go with my original idea, and have the front part of Cyclonus's plane-mode folded up into his torso. That way it looks less like a plane going backwards. Only real issue with this tank-mode, is that it doesn't stay together all that well. Though just well enough to take photos of, and to look decent just sitting there. On a side note, I even have a good idea for a different jet-mode using this mold. I might ad a picture or two of that to this thread later.

4. luke4

luke4 crocon

Blitzwing! that would be so cool if u made a blitzwing out of it!

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Actually, that's what I've been planning :D . I decided to try out a tank-like alt-mode first, as it would be the hardest. I think I've found a pretty decent one. I've also been able to come up with an altered version of the jet-mode that actually looks Blitzwing-ish. Also, I haven't taken any more photos, but I've been able to fold Cyclonus's feet in more. It helps the front end of the tank-mode a lot, imo. I've also done up a bit of a rough bot-mode digibash, which I'll add here shortly.

6. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Man that seems like a great idea! I'm getting all these thoughts about doing this myself actually. I can't wait to get home and play around with the possibilities. I was gonna make Alpha Trion from my Hasbro version but I may do one of these too

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks. This is one of my better ideas, lol. As uniquely Cyclonusy this mold is, with a few tweaks, an added gun/turret, some good color changes, and the loss of the ears makes this mold a pretty good Blitzwing. Once I get an extra Cyclonus, and kitbash it, it'll make for a nice addition to my Classics Decepticons, and will give me the third Decepticon triple changer. The other two have been lonely.

8. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Cybertronian Blitzwing, you know what thats a great idea. I hope this inspire someone here to make it, but nonetheless what a way to think outside the box.

9. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    That actually is an amazing idea I may fiddle with this one

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks. I've been planning on getting a second Cyclonus for a while now (so I can use the extra Nightstick for Database), so there is a very good chance of me actually doing this idea.

Thanks, and good luck with yours if you decide to make one of your own.

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think this would definitely be cool. I hope we'll see you making this one :wink: 

:thumb 

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks. This is one idea I'm almost 100% sure I'll do, as I'll be needing the extra Nightstick anyways. The only thing I really need for this one, other than a second Cyclonus, is some tan paint, which won't be hard to get. I'd be working on my Megatron and Raven-XL7 bashes this week if the weather was better. Once it starts to warm up again I'll be able to paint some more.

13. luke4

luke4 crocon

i wanna make one too now! to bad walmart doesnt have any tf right now :( 

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Update: Just added some new pictures of the jet and tank alt-modes I've come up with. I think both work really well for Blitzwing, and help separate him from Cyclonus more. The only real issue with either one is that the head is exposed in tank-mode. Though that's not a big enough issue to ruin it for me. What do you guys think of the alt-modes I've come up with?

15. luke4

luke4 crocon

the alt modes are awsome! i think he needs larger wings though...

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks. I see what you mean, but, eh, I like them the way they are. May just be me but they actually seem to be a better size in person than they look to be in the pictures. That and any larger and I think they would ruin the tank-mode I've come up with.

17. luke4

luke4 crocon

ya its prob just me. i want to see a gaint-baby-eating-fire-breathing blitzwing.... so the beefier the better in my opinion

18. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    I would suggest turning the turret around to face the other direction. Cyclonus' heels, the plate-on-plate on the back of the lower leg, look more like they could be painted to resemble treads, at least to me. Let me know what you think, eh?

- Alty

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Ok, so basically Animated Blitzwing's personalities in a body more along the lines of Lugnut's size and strength.

I've thought about it, and honestly, with him positioned like that he just looks like a jet with the wings folded up and nosecone replaced buy a robot head. With the nosecone out it looks even more like just a jet with the wings folded up, and compared to the jet-mode I've come up with, that's precisely the only difference. I personally like the larger front end. Looks like he could ram into something and do a good amount of damage. It also makes him look somewhat like one of the alien vehicles from the Halo games. I'm going to fiddle around with him some more, but I think I've found the best possible option for a tank-like alt-mode with this guy. Treads could help, but it would get rid of the Cybertronian feel he currently has, imo. On a side note, I'm thinking of writing up a little bio for this version of Blitzwing. I'd like my Classics Blitzwing to be a cross between his G1 and Animated Counterparts. Basically he has the three different personalities, but only one face. That way it's harder for his opponents to tell what Blitzwing they are dealing with. I'm thinking about coming up with a Classics version of Lugnut to go with him, but there aren't that many molds that would easily work for him.

20. luke4

luke4 crocon