Un./25th Ann. Repaint Ideas

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ravenxl7, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hey all. Basically a thread to post some ideas of repaints (maybe even slight retools) of either new mold figures or older figures that you think will be made, or hope will be made, in the Universe/25th Ann. line. Here's my current list of what I personally think will at one point or another get made.

-Grimlock- repaint, maybe slight retool, of the new Dinobot mold, in his Beast Wars colors.
    -Tiagatron- repaint of the new Cheetor mold. Not a tiger, but the repaint does make sense, imo.

Now here are some of the one's I'm kinda hoping for, though I'm not sure these will happen:

-Wheeljack- repaint/retool of Sunstreaker mold. Basically a new head and different engine (give him his wings).
    -Deadend- repaint/retool of the new Hot Shot mold. Give him a new head. Repaint Jolt in matching colors with some random name.
    -G2 Grimlock- repaint of the Classics Grimlock mold, in his blue & orange color scheme.
    -Armada- repaint of the new Cyclonus mold. Give him Thrust's colors, and give Nightstick matching colors.

That's pretty much it for my list, though I may add some more. What are your ideas?

2. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Could someone do up some photoshops of these repaints? Just to give us an idea.

I agree that Cheetor will probably end up as Tigatron ever though it doesn't really work.

I would expect a Hound -> Swindle too. Although with the Animated one coming soon they might not go for it.

3. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Using just the new molds....

Hound could become Swindle or Trailbreaker.

Cyclonus could be painted shiny blue and called "Jetstorm" in a Beast Machines tribute.

Cheetor would be Tigertron or maybe Ravage if they really wanna stretch.

4. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    I'd like to see them repaint Hound and Ravage into Detritus and Howlback.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I might do some, though I'm not going to garantee anything.

Good point, but it is a pretty easy repaint that they'll probably do anyways. I think the mold would look kinda cool in Tigatron's color scheme.

Hound into Swindle is another obvious one, though depending on how long the Animated version is on shelves it may not be done, though I think the mold will get repainted no matter what.

Hound as Trailbreaker would be cool, though a retooled head would be a must. Not sure what they could then do with Ravage though...

Cyclonus as Jetstorm would be cool too, and it wouldn't be too hard to just redo Nighstick in the same colors and give him a random name.

Ravage would be cool too, though I'm not sure I would get it. Yeah, black repaints are cool, but for some reason the way I"m picturing it in my head doesn't make the mold look any better.

That would be cool, and it would be a nice little deviation from the more obvious repaint into Swindle. It would also give the Ravage mold a good reason to be repainted.

6. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    They could make a killing just by redoing the Seekers.

They have a number of good molds that could just get a new head and be called Jazz. No matter how imperfect, people would buy it (or at least I would).

Wheeljack could go with a Sunsteaker or Sideswipe mold if they gave him a new head and some clip on wings or something. Again, not mind blowing but it would sell.

I'd be okay with a G2 Megatron in G1 colors too.

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm hoping for a Swindle remold myself, ideally with a remolded head and a different cassette buddy (or maybe something else entirely, like a large gun.) I agree it would probably be pushed back if it's made at all, maybe held off for the "Universe" between movies 2 and 3. :) 

8. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If they could do Swindle with a new cassette like Laserbeak or Ratbat I would be so happy. To be honest I would be any crappy repaint if it came with a new cassette figure.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Swindle with Steeljaw.

Hotshot-Pwerlink Hotshot?

universe sideswipe-Drench and Brakedown

10. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

hound to desert hound *with maybe a recolored ravage as the Cobalt Sentry pack one?
    Energon Shockblast as Shockwave, but darker colors, with the purple of the sixshot version, instead of the energon version
    Energon Cliffjumper as Sandstorm
    G1 toy repainted tfu Galvatron
    tfu blaster repainted as twincast
    Inferno repainted/remolded as grapple. *OR as artfire, with a repaint of nightstick*
    MORE micromaster repaints!

11. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Wheeljack needs to be an original mold. They owe him that much, after slapping Downshift's name on his packaging in the last two main lines.

Hound would probably make a good Swindle. Trailbreaker, not so much.

Ironhide would probably make a better candidate for Trailbreaker, though I'd rather they didn't. That mold's a little too over ambitios for the size class and just doesn't quite work.

I think movie Longarm would make a good Hoist. Probably one of the few movie molds that would work well with Universe/Classics.

I still that movie Voyager Prime with a new head and shins would make a great Motormaster. An aerodyne style sleeper would put windows low on the shins, reminiscent of the original's feet windows.

12. Cashanova

Cashanova Sons Of Unicron PTT

Yes! This would be pure win for me. Maybe swop out Ravage for a huge mounted machine gun with amo belt.

The obvious one would be Sideswipe into Redalert.

I can see the potential in a Wheeljack repaint but I'd rather he had his own mold.

How about repainting and retooling the head of cybertron Override as Blur?

Classics Jetfire into Metalhawk?

Optimus Prime into ThunderClash?

13. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    A little recoloring and some minor retooling, and Cybertron Menasor would make an ok Omega Supreme, at least in robot mode.

14. NeoZeRo35

NeoZeRo35 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I wouldn't mind...

Inferno --> Grapple
    Sideswipe --> Red Alert

Wheeljack definitely needs a new mold. That way if they make Red Alert, we wouldn't have the same car too many times :D . I would have thought that Red Alert would be the obvious repaint, especially as a partner for Inferno.

15. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Me and Omnius were actually discussing this the other day. Wish I'd saved the convo for reference now, haha. From memory:

Seeker mold --> yeah, ad infinitum. Sunstorm and the blue Rainmaker (Rainstorm?) at least.
    Prowl --> Jazz (thought I'd prefer his own mold), Stepper
    Sunstreaker --> Red Alert, Wheeljack, Tigertracks, a blue Italian police Lamborghini (Omnius came up with that one, it looked cool but not exactly canon!)
    Inferno --> Grapple, Artfire
    Ironhide --> Ratchet, Hoist or Trailbreaker (with some remolds)
    Silverbolt --> Darkwing (with remolds)
    Onslaught --> Hardhead (with remolds)
    Hound --> Detritus or Swindle

The new 'cons mostly have limited repaintability. Galvatron? Cyclonus? Octane? Can't really do much :(  Apart from make Galvatron G1-toy-accurate...

16. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really want a gold painted Primus.

17. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    hound as trailbreaker would RULE, especially if instead of coming with ravage it had a thing to go on the back to give him a more Trailbreakerish look. maybe it could become a shield? though head (and maybe weapon) might need to be retooled.

Red Alert from Swipe/Streaker

maybe a rerelease of Cliffjumper? ive heard rumors about that...

SEEKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bay 

18. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i think that Wheeljack get their own mold&repaints (one being regular Tracks)

19. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    It'd be nice but we all know how much Hasbro love repaints. And a Wheeljack as a repaint is better than no Wheeljack at all!

20. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn Well-Known Member

Classics grimlock packaged with legends wheelie.

Ratchet repaint of Ironhide

Trailbreaker repaint of Ironhide

Tigatron repaint of Cheetor

All the seekers