Ultraman anybody?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Tigertrack, May 30, 2010.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Do you guy's know the series Ultraman? I'm desperately trying to hunt down a very rare toy that came out around 2000-2001. It's a toy car of the Honda Insight hybrid car that was used in the Ultraman series. I don't know if the actual car was used, but there's a toy of it.

The toy is silver, orange, and blue with a single blue police siren on top. There were two versions released, one in 1/64 scale by Hot Wheels which I already have, and one I think either 1/32 or 1/28 scale which is a plastic pull-back toy.

I got one from ToyEast back in 2002 and never knew it existed. I was so excited to receive it, but was stupid in trying to customize it to fit a Kyosho Mini-Z RC chassis back in the day's. I'm desperately trying to find another one.

It comes on a card with bubble-cover and has Shepheard or Eyes on it. Again, looking for a 1/32ish scale toy car of the 2001 Honda Insight. Toy is silver with orange and blue graphics, and has a single police siren on top.

Any help would be greatly appreciated in finding one. I would even be happy to pay a finders fee to the one who helps me find this toy.

Again, I do have the Hot Wheels version, so looking for it's bigger brother. And if I can find a picture of it, I'll post it.

2. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ultraman? F*CK YES.
    Answer to your question? Sorry, no idea. Try asking at ToyBoxDX or CollectionDX.

3. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Don't know the car your searching for, but we should make this into a general Ultraman thread. I've seen Ultra Seven X and some of the original series, so I haven't seen much, but I've really enjoyed what I've seen. I've got the Ultra Act version of the first Ultraman preordered, really looking forward to his release next month.

4. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm an Ultraman fan - however I'm only collecting the Ultras and Kaijus (monsters) so I have no idea what you're looking for. Maybe you can try yahoo japan auctions.

Anyway, I agree withe theestampede - we should turn this into a general Ultraman thread. I will post some of my collection of of these days! :D 

5. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

i also loved ultraman, but i dont know the vehicle ur talking about, goodluck in findin it though!

6. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Good luck with yo quest. The Ultra Series is, like many other thangs discussed here, a fleeting interest of mine. I'm into it but I'm far from a dedicated fan. I have some PVC stuff, spices up my mess of a place nicely.

7. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

The vehicle you're talking about is the Shepherd from Ultraman Cosmos, which was in 2001.

Unfortunately the only version I can find is the CharaWheels version which you already have!

http://www.verycoolthings.com/vct/Neo_getpage.cgi?page=itemtoy&itemID=11424

I think you'd have to get a middleman service to pick you up one from Yahoo! Auctions Japan. I can't imagine finding it otherwise.

8. Tigertrack

Yes, as you said, as I said, I've got that one already. Looking for it's bigger brother. I don't know anything about the Japanese auction sites and not sure how to go about finding one there.

9. LigerPrime

News Credits:
  10. Tigertrack

Thank's, I've hunted ebay at least twice a week and nothing's come up. Only the HotWheels version shows up on ebay once in a while.
    I've often wondered how many of these were made in the first place and how rare are they? To be frankly honest, I was dumb-struck when I found the first one and I keep kicking myself in the ass for ruining it. I had assumed at that time I could always get a second one I suppose, but no luck since then.
    One problem with owning a 2001 Honda Insight and love collecting toy's. Nobody makes toy's of my car!
    Well, nobody but HotWheels and Ebbro. Ebbro has a very nice 1/43 die-cast of the Insight, but I'm still hunting for the bigger Ultraman car.

11. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    If the thanks is directed to me - no problem. The thing with Japanese toys is that they can be a real pain to find because of most of the time, the seller (if he or she is based in Japan) aren't willing to sell internationally - hence the importance of a "proxy".

12. DrillBIT

DrillBIT Silver Wolf

News Credits:
    Ultraman Zero the Movie
    Super Battle in Belial Galaxy Empire (12/23)
    [​IMG]

Belial is alive! Now he becomes Kaiser Belial and building his own empire!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also Ultra Galaxy Legend Side story
    Zero vs Darkclops Zero (DVD around November and December)
    [​IMG]

13. Rewind

News Credits:
    Very nice. The first Ultraman from the Ultra Act line is due out next week and I'm really looking forward to it.

14. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

And with that momentous (and awesome) occasion on the horizon, look who gets announced!

OHHHHHH YEAH.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Rewind

News Credits:
    Hell yeah! Zoidberg wont have to be a stand-in anymore! :lol 

16. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Baltan!!! I NEED Ultraman now!

17. Rewind

News Credits:
    Did anyone order the Ultra ACT Ultraman from AmiAmi? If so, have you gotten a payment request yet? I really wish you could keep track of your orders through their site.

18. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

No, only because I have other June stuff that doesn't ship yet.

19. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    I've pre-ordered my Ultraman from my local import shop and being the snails that they are, I suspect I won't see my figure until mid July! Blah!

20. starsaber888

starsaber888 Well-Known Member

My Ultra ACT Ultraman has been shipped from amiami along with decade fury + kuuga ultimate. i am really looking forward to this figure, it comes with tons of accessories. its better value than the figuarts kamen rider.

YouTube - Ultra Act: Ultraman part 1