Ultra Magnus Voice Changer

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Bumble Prime, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

Ok so i had this when i was 4. Parents got rid of it cuz i carried it with me everywhere and they didnt like people thinking i had a trach tube. The ultra magnus voice changer. I found one on ebay and just got it today. Does anyone know how rare these things are? I seem to remember getting mine at radio shack. And also, does anyone else have as much fun with it as i do?!

2. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I've honestly NEVER heard of it! Dude, you've got to record your voice and post a soundbyte of it!

3. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

haha ill get on that. I found it MOC on ebay. Some old guy who wouldnt even accept paypal or credit card. Check or money order only. The bid was for "heroic autobot", so i think it went under the radar a lil. But i thought hmmm mint on card maybe i should save it for........ ANd i ripped it out of the packaging and got a 9 volt and fired it up. My mom heard it in the other room and said "oh my god..... Where did you find that?! Not again....."

4. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    LMAO!!! Dude, someone after my own heart when it comes to practical jokes. Ah, reminds of the time I had that rubber snake laying "in-wait" outside my Mom's bedroom door. The good 'ol days of last week. :-D

5. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I know Alphie has a nice one, and I've got a crappy one that came as part of a lot. Mine's missing parts and I don't even know if it would work. I remember I had some other random type of voice changing thing as a kid that I loved, despite not working as well as I'd hoped.

6. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had one of those when I was a kid..got it at a Swap Meet. Man that thing sucked..wish i still had it though.

7. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

I had one of those little buggers. But like all TFs I had at that time, I ended up breaking it about three days later. :(  Still, I used to take the chest piece off and play with it like it was a little spaceship.

Say, this brings up an interesting idea. Maybe Hasbro should take a cue from its Episode III line and develop an Optimus Prime Voice Changer helmet for the movie...

8. Primal84

Primal84 Well-Known Member

Good thing. I was thinking it was out of the package & you were using it. :lol  :puke:  :puke: 

9. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Yeah I had one too. I got it from this weird Sears outlet type store. It didn't work too well. But it was a neat idea.

10. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I have a Rumble/Frenzy one.

11. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    That's where my younger brother got his too back in the day. We had so much fun annoying the crap out of mom with it. I think I still have some home audio recordings of us using it to make our own "audio drama" versions of the TF Marvel comics. We even rigged a split tube so we could both use it at the same time and sound like Soundwave.

I'd be afraid to buy a second-hand one, even for nostalgia. No telling whose mouth it was in before and what kind of sick bacteria's growing on it.

12. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Just saw this thread. LOVE my Ultra Magnus Voice Changer. Had two, but I gave my spare to Gen. Magnus. Never really messed with it though since mine is used. Ew.