Ultra Magnus : Car Carrier!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by frenzyrumble, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Well, finally got around to taking the pics last night. I've added onto my Ultra Magnus an awesome car carrier (to keep in theme of him being a support commander)

Now that these files have been uploaded to TFW"s DB, I can use the 'attach' tags to embed them into the original thread

Attached Files:

2. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It’s a bit disappointing that the trailer doesn’t transform in any way (thought maybe it turns to at least a base or something) and that huge cannon looks way out of place. I’m not sure why adding huge guns to something, especially in vehicle mode makes it cooler. I can understand a military type vehicle but not a car carrier. Still the Magnus looks really good.

3. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

forget that ^^ it is awsome!! the gun is fine, the color choice is cool as well. i understand sc primes rant point as far as covert vehicle mode issues and such as well as transforming issues, but in my opinion it is so well exicuted i can forgive that easily. thanks for posting

4. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I get ya. It's cool though. If you can PLEASE send me some schematics or ideas, I'd love to take them into consideration for the next one. Sounds like you have something planned much cooler ;) 

But honestly, I thought this car carrier was a cool add-on and suits the mold, character, theme perfectly. Yes, it might look 'out of place' but so do 40 foot giant robots that turn into trucks...

5. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

WOW! Very nice.

6. SCPrime

News Credits:
    I don’t have any schematics or plans. But as I recall in your WIP thread, you mentioned that the trailer would become the armor. So I thought that YOU had a plan. Maybe a read it wrong but I was expecting more because of what you were proposing which is the reason for the disappointment. At any rate, making the trailer open up (like how G1 Prime’s trailer did) and THEN adding the guns to that would make for a cool base or something. The big guns would not look so out of place there since it’s a defense base and not a trailer with big guns mounted.

7. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    ah, i see. sorry to disappoint you. i guess the trailer is more of a novelty add-on than part of the custom itself. I'm sure with many more hours of planning and execution, i could have done something like that. in actuality, I wasn't even gonna have anything as a trailer, and the armor would just 'sit to the side' while in alt mode, but at the store, I saw this car carrier, and thought it would be a cool addition. in reality, the trailer does become the armor...just not all of the trailer. ;) 

8. SCPrime

News Credits:
    Well as an add-on accessory the trailer does make the whole vehicle look more complete. And I guess the armor and gun has to go somewhere. It’s definitely much better than the cardboard trailer that came with MP-01 Prime.

9. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Would have liked the armor to actually be the trailer instead of tacked on but it does need a place in alt mode and this looks great.

10. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Holy Shit! Thats damn impressive, pardon my French. Anyways I think its great I mean if smaller autobots are getting bombard by aerial Decepticons and that trailer with those big ass guns would keep them at bay so that those smaller car bots can get to safety. Now I realize that it isn't really heavily armored but it more of ,"We need to get to safety now!" kind of trailer. Awesome execution of putting that together, FR.

11. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Nice addition F_R.....Looks very cool :thumb 

12. Jukebox Prime

Jukebox Prime Musi-Con

:lol 

I thought 40 foot giant robots had become common place, but eh, to each his own. But I agree with the sentiment that this looks friggin' sweet!

13. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Cool. Very cool. Good luck in the contest, F_R.

14. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

Hey man that's a nice add-on!

15. offrampclimber

offrampclimber Tree Fiddy

This is awesome. I don't mind that the trailer doesn't transform; what if he's hauling somebody and he gets a little too quick to the stand-up? He's got Bumblebee somewhere in his jockey shorts.

16. Brawn2008

Brawn2008 New Member

WOW! Thats all I have to say about that. Gotta be the coolest thing I've seen. Nicely done and great attention to detail. Cant wait to see whats next.

17. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Now that the contest is over, I can actually post my some of my thoughts on the entries. :) 

f_r, I REALLY like this custom. A LOT. From what I've seen of your work (which is also all been really good, and I hope to see more!), you didn't hold any stops for this piece. Your work really shines through and everything looks really sharp.

I think the simple fact that many people are interacting with your work on the level(s) that they should tell you something about the quality of your piece. Also, while I like the trailer you actually have posted here, I would like to see you make a trailer that fully transforms into the armor. It would really make a slick custom even better. :) 

I think you had a VERY clever use of parts (with the Primus and Armada Prime parts). I would like to suggest for you to consider using more blues than reds in the 'Ultra' mode. My first impression was he came across a bit like Powermaster Prime instead of Ultra Magnus.

Your paint apps were great though and the add-on weapons just gives one of my favorite good guys a bit of a "bad" edge :) 

Again, great work, I hope that you continue to tweak your masterpiece :thumb 

18. jlwtformer1337

jlwtformer1337 Decepticon

Cool

19. dyingwill3rd

dyingwill3rd Life is a fabled mystery

sweet

20. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Wait... do you have more pics of that Magnus robot in another thread?

He looks awesome. I love the choice of a HyoRyu head from GaoGaiGar (or at least the KO version I presume). It has a lot of character, and looks like Magnus while also giving him a sharper style.

zmog

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.