Ultra Magnus - Blue Convoy Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Viking Spawn, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Viking Spawn

Viking Spawn Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've see this for sale a couple of times and have a question about its size. How tall is the blue "powered" Convoy before he becomes Ultra Magnus? I like the "blue" color and always wanted one. But if I'm going to pay big $$$ to have one, I want to know its size compared to the regular G1 Convoy (AKA: Optimus Prime, etc.)

2nd, was there ever a Blue Convoy released by itself? So far, the only one I've seen comes with the Diaclone Ultra Magnus released as a limited edition in 2001? I also always wanted a blue Convoy/Optimus too and this is the only toy I've ever seen it in this color format.

Any additional information on this/these toys would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    the blue convoy figure is just a repainted optimus prime figure......

and that is the original color of the cab of ultra magnus. Powered Convoy is Pre-transformers ultra magnus. that is his diaclone colors. it was originally available in the diaclone line as powered convoy and then again in the same line in a gift set with a red mirage and black sideswipe. then it got rereleased in 2001 as movie preview ultra magnus

3. Viking Spawn

Ebay:
    Thanks for the info. So, its about 12 inches tall? Or is it more "Voyager Class" size?

4. guard convoy

News Credits:
    here give me a second to measure my encore prime:

prime is 6.25 inches. i can't give you the measurements of the ultra magnus trailer. prime would be about your average deluxe

5. Viking Spawn

Ebay:

Okay, thanks! :thumbs2: 

6. guard convoy

News Credits:
    Any time

7. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    If I'm not mistaken, only some of the "Powered Convoy" had a blue Optimus inside, some had a red Optimus. I know I was looking at buying one from Italy that was the red one.

But as Guard Convoy said, size-wise, it's a G1 Prime.