2D Artwork: Ultra Magnus and Springer

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by gdpwatson, Aug 6, 2009.

1. gdpwatson

gdpwatson Well-Known Member

This is something that I put together over the past few days. I wanted to do something a little different with my TF artwork so I decided to feature more than one character and to include a background.

I also wanted to try out some new Photoshop painting techniques and effects to see how I got on with those.

I definitely learned a lot from working on this piece and definitely feel like I've developed a strong base to build from.

I'm not too happy with how Magnus came out but that was mostly due to me being too lazy to spend the time on him that I probably should have done. Other than that and a few other noticeable mistakes here and there I'm pretty happy with how this turned out.

Still trying to get my head round coloring so more practice is definitely required! Smile

I hope you like it.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2009
  2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I LOVE it! Thanks for sharing! :thumb 

3. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

Looks good. Shame I don't invest the time for these things, I used to draw and sketch a lot. Art was my strongest subject. Now, more than create it, I just appreciate it.

4. gdpwatson

gdpwatson Well-Known Member

Thanks guys!

Yeah I used to draw and then moved away from it a long time ago! Thanks to the awesomeness of the Infiltration series I was attracting to art again.

I wish I never had a 10 year gap but as I'm not looking to become a pro I find my skill level to be sufficient to keep me interested.

Thanks again guys.

G

5. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Awesome! I love those guys.