Ultra Class Jetstorm (TRU Exclusive) [pic heavy]

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by iheartarcee, Apr 15, 2008.

1. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

I recently picked this figure up and have just gotten to opening it and I thought id snap some pics and talk about it! I usually do video reviews but have decided to try this way out this time.

First off the box is bigger than a voyager, (as is the figure) and looks like a quality transformer from first seeing it in the store. I paid 25 for it and feel that is a very good price point to have it at. Its very hefty for a transformer and has a solid feel to it in both modes. The first strike though is that I can see its head in its alt mode. While thats a turn off, it doesnt take away from the coolness from the figure.

Alt mode:
    I really like this mode. I'm a huge sucker for transformers that fly and this baby would definitely fly as its dropping bombs, (over baghdad?) As I mentioned the back of the figures head is glaring at me but if I dont look at it directly from the top its all love. The bottom has very cool wheels, (not pictured) but its just two bars that let the figure roll very well. I like the attention to the panels and am overall happy with the colors. The back section does fold forwards and gives it an attack mode. The 'key' activates additional cannons. You can press a button on the back of the 'cannon's on the sides and they light up and it makes a very menacing sound..

Robot mode:
    Transformation is very cool and not that difficult. I feel it all comes together nicely in robot mode and my only complaint is theres a gap above his legs but it doesnt take too much away from the figure. The robot mode is very menacing and would make me shit myself if seeing him approach me at high speeds. Especially with those thunder ankles? Anyhow... He has amazing articulation in his arms, legs, feet and torso. His head does move up and down in a limit fashion and does move back and forth. Oh wait, he has hands!! Thank sweet Jesus Hasbro gave him hands!! They arent anything special but they hold his guns!! I really like this mode and will pose him in it more than alt mode i'm sure..

Thanks for taking a look at what I have to say about this very cool repaint and enjoy the pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. @l3x

@l3x Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Weird that the head is such a direct homage to BM Jetstorm, but nothing else is.

3. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    wow, he is just so cool! cant wait for mine to get here-had to order him caus Toys R Us didnt have him

4. iheartarcee

I'm very pleased! They had wingblade when I got this but I passed. Not digging his colors so much and come on.. you always pic a con over an autobot ;) 

Ya they dont really have anything in common and imo his head is a stretch..

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Still looks like a jet upgrade for Soundwave (white IPod version) to me.

6. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Jetstorm was awesome for the first maybe two days after I bought it. Now it's lost under some paperwork. It's a good figure but definitely got boring quickly.

7. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    hey, can you get a shot of him with another movie character? i'm curious to the actual size, as he seems smaller than i originally thought

8. iheartarcee

I think that would be pretty cool actually.. The ipod could mount on the tail some how..

Yes I am always worried about having this problem with any figure I buy. I hang on to the packaging and receipt for this reason ;) 

9. iheartarcee

sure! ive realized these two cons look good next to each other!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    wow, that dude is HUGE-and they do look awesome together-i think im about to use my Movie Wreckage alot more-thanks!

11. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Oh man, iPod White Soundwave with wings!

12. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

If you have Classics Astrotrain, you need to take a picture of it mounted to the top of Jetstorm in vehicle mode ASAP. :) 

13. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Nice review...I wanted to do one of this guy as well (but didn't have a camera for pictures)...the color scheme is great and the alt mode is beautiful (nod to the freaky alt mode sound box)...

He fits in well with my classics and so will be labeled as "Classics Dreadwing" for me...when looking for a G1'er to name him as I found Darkwing and Dreadwind...not being able to pick between the two I chose their combo Dreadwing...

This Classics Dreadwing is well worth the $25.00 price tag...beautiful bomber plane and a nice robot mode (other than the gap iheartarcee mentioned)...had this guy for a week now and still can't put him down...

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I caved and bought these guys on friday.

I've always liked the Cyb. Jetfire mold in spite of all it's issues, and I really like the color scheme. I thinkthe purpleish-blue, muted white and the greys work well together. That said, it's probably the most bland of the three releases of this mold, but that works for what they were going for with the real world vehilces and color scheme. Now I just need to find room for the guy on my shelves...

15. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    The color scheme is very nice and clean. Unfortunately, mine was missing instructions. Not hard to transform but still, I wish I had them.

I wish it had clear windows for its canopy, and retractable landing gear. Other than that, I like the alt mode, and love the robot mode, except for the torso gap from the side, and the weird angle that the nose of the jet clips in at. Joints are nice and tight, and the winged aesthetic for robot mode is very, very nice.

I would have preferred having Cybertron Sky Shadow, but this will do.

16. Jason Blue Boost

Jason Blue Boost Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anybody know if this guy has the same sound effects as Cybertron Sky Shadow and Jetfire? Both my Cybertron figures got water damaged and I never heard what sounds they make.:(