Ultra and Leader Classics?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ORIO, Nov 29, 2006.

1. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know they haven't announced if they would do such a thing... but who would fit in for those size classics?

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Big Transformers. Know any?

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i'm actually not a big fan of the bigger sized bots. takes too much space.

unless they become playsets/base.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I think it would be a great idea to have bigger class sizes. Here are some ideas for some. Peace out.

-Metroplex
    -Trypticon
    -Fortress Maximus

5. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Unicron, Primus and Cybertron Metroplex would like a fun word with you!

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i have metroplex and like him. dont have the planetbots tho. yet.

7. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd like to see Trypticon. Based on all the homages of the bigger bots we've seen in AEC, Trypticon or Fort Max would be next. Unless they did something drastic and made a new character!!! But anyway... I'd like to see Shockwave... maybe two dinobot two packs in a wave of ultras. Man, I hope that short list gets made! I love these classics! (Sorry, I'm excited I just got mine in from BBTS on Monday)

8. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unless there is a movie accurate unicron in the works I don't want to see another unicron toy. As someone here put it, the armada one looked too much like a kid in a costume. He just didn't have the right detail, paint, and proportions to match up to the classic unicron. As the armada unicron, he was pretty damn close to what was seen in the show (which is great), but as a classics figure I'd hope they either build a new mold completely, or tweak the armada mold significantly (obviously downsizing it for an ultra or leader class) to make it look more like the original unicron

I'd like to see an ultra sized metroplex and omega supreme though. Scorponok would be pretty cool to see if they go that far in time. Also, predaking, menasor, and superion would also top my list to be ones I'd like to see. Since there will be a store-exclusive devastator using the energon mold I guess we won't be seeing a new set of constructicons probably, but if they did the other combiners I'd like to see a new devastator

9. butz

butz slippery when wet

Those would all be excellent choices, but I'd add Scorpinok and Omega Supreme too.

10. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    I'm pretty happy with having Voyager, Deluxe, and Mini-Con size classes. It keeps the prices down and saves a lot of space. I'd still be up for a Brave Max release though.

11. Quantum_Penguin

Quantum_Penguin Be seeing you...

I'd like to see a modern take on Sky Lynx, maybe as the X-33/Venture Star to avoid similarity with Astrotrain and to give it enough bulk in the fuselauge so that it can transform into a base. I'd especially like it if it could carry one or two deluxes and came with Classics Cosmos.

Alternately, if they could get it about as large as Primus, I could see them doing Metroplex or Fortress Maximus as an oil rig that folds out into a city-like base and then transforms with the pylons as the arms and legs.

12. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What if they did Basics instead of Minicons? I'd love me some Insecticons, Brawn, Huffer and Gears

and Quantum Penguin - Sky Lynx would be super-rad

13. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I have to admit that I was disappointed that they didn't make Megs and Optimus as Ultra class figures to begin with! The Classics are already pretty dainty compared to any of the recent lines... it would have been nice if the leaders were at least a good size to stand next to TFs from other lines.

I never felt that the leaders had to be "Leader Class"... that's almost too big. And who needs anything bigger than Ultra... unless it's a combiner! :) 

I know this is a bit outside the scope of this thread, but I would have loved to see Classics break down like this:
    Ultra: Megatron, Optimus, Jetfire, Shockwave
    Voyager: All 5 dinobots, Seekers, Soundwave, triple changers
    Deluxe: Autobot cars, Constructicons
    Minicons/Scout class: cassette spies, smaller autobot minibots

That's not to say I don't like the figures they've made so far... but I wish they had scaled them a bit differently.

smog

14. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    I've been wanting them to do that ever since the line was first announced, but until they do i'm happy with Voyager, Deluxe, and Voyager.

Even if they're deluxe sized, id take a Classics Gears and Wheelie.

15. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Mind you, I don't for a second believe there is even the ghost of a chance of these happening... but I would say:

Leader Class:

Metroplex
    Trypticon
    Omega Supreme
    Scorponok
    Combiner Giftsets

Ultra Class:

Galvatron
    Sixshot
    Powermaster Prime (with Hi-Q minicon!)
    ULTRA Magnus (the real deal)
    Sky Lynx
    Octane (okay, he was small originally, but COULD have been huge)
    Powerglide (a guy can dream, can't he?) :) 

I would have said Shockwave for Ultra too, but I really don't tihnk he should be that much bigger than Megatron. And I would've said Fort MAx for Leader, but he should really be a Supreme!

16. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As much as I would like Hasbro to redo Unicron in Classics, I doubt it would happen..especially if he's going to be the same size as the Armada version...Am I correct to say that Armada Unicron was also clogging the shelves at one stage in the US?

17. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Until about last year, yes, Unicron clogged shelves

18. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Well I would break it down some thing like this:

Ultras:
    Omega Supreme [a big ultra like tidal wave was, possibly no electronics]
    Dinobot 2 pack Swoop and Sludge [both would be a little bigger than a dulux]*
    Dinobot 2 pack Slag and Snarl [both would be a little bigger than a dulux]*
    Thunderwing [with transforming pretender shell]
    Predicon 2 pack Divebomb and rampage [both would be a little bigger than a dulux]*
    Predicon 2 pack Tanrtum and Headstrong [both would be a little bigger than a dulux]*
    Skylynx
    Galvatron

* Razorclaw and a new redone Grimlock would be voyager class and these would be combiners.

Leaders [although the class should probably be renamed]:
    Ultra Magnus [classic prime remoulded with trailer armour, probably a small leader but with other extra’s like “power buggy”]
    Sixshot [about the only other bot I can think of that could do with being that size, also a remould to quickswitch would be interesting]
    Menasor [Combiner gift set]
    Superion [Combiner gift set]
    Bruticus [Combiner gift set]
    Defensor [Combiner gift set]
    If they make it this far
    Computron [Combiner gift set]
    Abominus [Combiner gift set]

If they were to go to supreme class I could see some of the city bot being made, although supreme just doesn’t seem big enough for Fortress Maximus but I would do them all as minicon bases instead of making them out to be actual transformer sized citys.

19. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Personally I think limiting this line to Voyager, Deluxe and Mini-Con class figures was a stroke of genius on Hasbro's part; the larger size classes have always been difficult to find after Christmas because Wal-Mart's in Canada usualy stop stocking them. That plus if Classics had all these large scale size classes to work with we wouldn't have the cool filler line we've got, we'd have another main line proper filled with annoying gimmicked up Classics that don't really capture the fun side of Transformers as much as the current Classics do.

Oh sure; gimmickfied TFs can be fun, but personally for a line claiming to be re-imagined G1 I prefer the gimmickless Transforming toys that don't need Mini-Con port activated features, cyber keys or Energon weapons/Powerlinking capabilities.

I like the thought that for once I won't be breaking my back trying to find and claim every toy in the line that interests me, I can actually complete Classics without much strain and definately without spending exhorbitant amounts of cash on Ultra, Leader and Supreme class figures that I'm running out of room for as it is. Though I'm not a completist; Classics is one of those small filler lines that can easily be complete and offers up the fun characters of the past in new iterations with simple non-gimmick transformations. I've TF'ed Astrotrain about five times more then I've TF'ed any of my Cybertron figures since buying them, because he just has that huge fun play with me factor that I think a lot of the more recent lines have failed to grasp fully. And I suppose that's completely going off on a tangent; so to reiterate...

Classics Ultra/Leader or Supreme Toys; Not Interested in and hopefully Hasbro won't make any if the line does well, if it does do well I have a feeling most of the characters they want to make would be just fine as deluxes anyway. This is Classics people, not G1; the scale of certain characters does not have to conform to the original Cartoon/Comic interpretations of said Characters. I mean the G1 Dinobots weren't much bigger then the Autobot Cars in robot mode from all the pics I've seen so why muck around and make super sized Dinobots just because the cartoon/comics depicted them as such? I don't need no Ultra sized or Voyager sized Dinobots the Deluxe Grimlock and if they make them other Deluxe sized Dinos' will be good enough for me, because I can still imagine them to be as big as I want when/if I play with them. And that my friends is what the Transformers have always been about; Imagining/Creating fun ideas and stories while goofing around in your room/backyard/basement/wherever, and with a line like Classics I have a feeling I'll be re-living some fun childhood memories with the smaller cast and smaller price point easy to acquire figures... Just like when I had all the Micromaster Combiner Squads when I was five or six taking on the lone Pretender Starscream. :D 

20. Rama Sha

Rama Sha Tosche Station Pimp

Ebay:
    I wouldn't mind seeing Combiner teams packed in Gift sets at the largest price points, and Prime and Magnus with Trailers in the Leader size class. But I'm not counting on anything bigger then a Voyager unless it's some kind of exclusive gift set or something.