Ultimatium

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by hermania, Jun 19, 2008.

1. hermania

hermania Starscream Stalker

i know its the big crossover thing this fall for the ultimate universe, and theres rumors of all the teams getting switched up
    but does anyone any more about this?

2. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    It's a crossover between Ultimate Fantastic 4 and Ultimate X-Men. It's going to involve the entire ultimate cast of characters. Ultimate Origins and Ultimates Vol. 3 are lead in prequels to set the stage.

There's no story information out yet other than "it will change things forever" type jargon.

3. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    So.... Ultimate Universe is becoming just like the 616 universe now?

4. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Well, I already get UFF, so I guess I may as well pick up the UX issues too. Thanks for the info.

5. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    As long as Ultmate Spider-man stays out of it I am fine. It`s the only one I`m getting anymore. The only spider-man title now too. Marvel titles have been droppng from my pulls for a while now.

6. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    In what way? Seriously. What are you referring too? Ultimate Origins, whether you like it or not has set the Ultimate Universe far, far apart from the 616.

7. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

I think yodafett was referring to the fact it's an event that will "change things forever" like every recent event for the 616 universe has said.

8. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    I suppose, but that's not really a Marvel Comics thing; that's something most comics publishers use when announcing an event. Heck, I'm pretty sure it's been tacked onto a lot of non-comics related products and stuff as well.

9. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

I think the point is that it hasn't been an Ultimate Marvel thing to "change things forever" before. They've had a couple of crossover event things but not of the "change things forever" variety.

10. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I'm sick of crossovers, the only one I'm really looking forward to is legion of 3 worlds.

11. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

I've read some rumblings that when ultimatum ends so ends the ultimate universe, that be one way to change things forever

12. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Well, I read three Ultimate Titles (Ultimate Fantastic Four, X-Men, and Spider-Man), they better not be getting rid of my favorite titles for some shock value mini-series. I'm going to send Fantastic-Oh-Five after them.

13. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    that's what I heard too... and yet Brand New Day rolls on and on and on and on and on .....

14. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I can't see the Ultimate Universe ending. Spiderman and Ultimates are running strong, when Ultimates comes out that is. FF and X-Men however seem to be dying a slow painful death. Maybe the end of the line would be good but I think Ult Spidey would keep going similar to Spider-girl did from the M2 line.

15. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Exactly. Sorry I wasn't more clear in my original post. IF (and that's a big if for me) Marvel actually does something Creative and original (even if we don't like it) and ends the Ultimate Universe, I would happily proclaim to be wrong and eat my words. After the last several years of "huge, ginormous, will change your life forevar!!!1!1" storylines, Ultimate just seemed like the last refuge for character and story as opposed to event-driven storylines. And yes, I know Marvel is the only perpetrator of those, I just think Marvel is the biggest one.

16. Nexus Prime

Nexus Prime Creation is proof.

In the a recent Wizard issue Joe Quesada said that one Ultimate title would be ending, and if I remember correctly another one would be starting up.

17. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    Rumor is now that Ultimatium may be it's own 5-issue mini now; instead of the X-Men FF crossover. Ult. Spidey will also tin in big with a 5 part story that ties into Ultimatium running alongside it.

18. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I hope it's not UF4. I've been absolutly loving that book since Mike Carey started writing it. :( 

19. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    OMG.... I just had a thought.... when the clustef*** in their Spider-man books started, people resorted to reading the Ultimate titles! What if this is retaliation for that?!?!?