Ultimates #'s 11 and 12 this month?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Shipwreck, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

I was looking around the marvel site and it says that both issues are onsale this month, is it true?

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

I have no idea. At this moment in time I'm having a hard time caring any more.

The sooner they get Hitch off the book and someone who can deliver on time the better.

3. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

Finally. Ive been frothing at the mouth for these issues.

4. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    I don't think we'll be seeing them this month, let alone both this month. With the direction the books has taken in the last few issues I couldn't care less anyway. Issue 13 better have Spider-Man waking up and all of Vol. 2 of Ultimates was nothing more than a horrible dream.

5. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

what do you not like about the last few issues?

6. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    The destruction of the entire Ultimate Universe basically. Fury having an arm removed, the FF tower being destroyed, attacks on the X-Men, etc. I think this book is meant to take place in the future, but it's such a continuity clusterfuck. I bet we'll never heard about Captian America being arrested in any of the other Ultimate books. It was a great series up til around 9 or 9.

7. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Don't hold your breath, Joe Madureira is on this book next and the only thing he sucks more at then drawing comics is drawing comics on time.

8. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Both in one month? Highly unlikely, as others have said, that we'll even see ONE this month. (Well, maybe not...it HAS been, like, 3 months since the last issue...)

In any case, the Marvel website isn't always the most accurate when it comes to when their comics are actually shipping.

And in terms of the story - as much as I love the Ultimates series, having such massive gaps means that I actually tend to forget what happened in the previous issue, and why I cared at that point. It'd read great as a TPB...I'm sort of thinking they should just go with that route for Ultimates, instead of a semi-semi-monthly basis.

9. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    Or they could just go the Astonishing route, if you know it's gonna be late, go in with a Bi-Monthly and give plently of leeway before hand.

10. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I can see it now...we'll get both this month, and #13 in 2008.

As for continuity, Ralph Macchio couldn't wait to get Hitch off of Ultimates. It's the only one of the ongoing Ultimates series that is not in continuity.

11. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

What do you mean its not in continuity? Compared to Ultimate Spiderman(USM) where every 100 issues equals a year, the events of Ultimates vol 2 take place in a not so distant future(2 - 2&1/2 yrs). I am under the impression that all of the Ultimate books except for Ultimates take place in the same time frame as USM.

12. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    Well ult Fantastic Four doesn't fit well. They're supposed to have bee heroes after Spider-Man, but during a recent arc they said they were heroes for almost a year now, while spiderman is still pushing 9 months.

13. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

Ultimates? What's that?

14. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Wait, when did battle chasers end? Oh, it didn't.

15. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's what I'm doing...getting the TPB that is...I really enjoy the series but the wait is just too long!

16. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

I say keep Hitch on the book and make it straight to trade.

17. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

Ultimates kicks ass when reading the trades, thats really the only way to go. Too bad a new trade only comes out once every few years.

I really like hitch and millar on ultimates, personally I dont mind the wait for such a high quality book. As for it being out of continuity, I think anytime any of the ultimates characters appear in other ultimate titles, they seem more like 616 characters than ultimate characters with the possible exception of nick fury. Mark Millar's writing makes them ultimate, I imagine cap and iron man in Civil War will be more like their ultimate renditions than their 616 one's.

18. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

Not really, at least not so far. Cap actually talks like he's 80 in CW #1, but Ultimate Cap would have been behind registration.
    Iron Man is absolutely nothing like his Ultimate counterpart. Ultimate Tony is too fun and relaxed.

19. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Ultimate Tony is like what 616 Tony would be if he was an alhoholic playboy nowadays rather than one in the 70s. The current tony "grew" as a character in the time when billionaires were rich stuck up snobs. Now they are that but also high adventurers and carefree.

And if it becomes a straight to trade book, I sense it will start a trend that will kill my comic collecting. I love "monthly" books and refuse to buy trades unless it is absolutely necessary.

20. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I'm the same way. If I can help it, I really like trying to buy a book on a monthly basis. I think there's a certain excitement that comes with getting a new book each month. But for some books(like Ultimates) just waiting for the trade seems the easy route to go.