Ultimates 2 #10

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Shipwreck, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

Who else got it today?

2. Shipwreck

I just finished reading it and I thought it was a really good issue. Was it worth the long wait? I really don't know. I loved the whole part with Hawkeyes escape and Tony being as bad ass as ever. I can't wait till next issue when they finally get the team back together. I wonder if the X-Men and FF are going to make an appearance.

3. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

I'm reading this series in TPB form, so sadly I'm only at issue 6. I wonder who the traitor is. From Hank Pym pointing out the irony, I would say that it is one of three people:
    1. Captain America. What would be more ironic than him betraying the Ultimates, especially since the reason is that he no longer trusts the government. However, he has seemed very right wing so far, so it would be wuite out of character. This was also my first instinct when I realized that it was the traitor Hank was talking to, and my instincts are usually right. But, the wrist under the glove seemed sort of thin.
    2. Black Widow. A former Soviet Spy? Who wouldn't smirk at being betrayed by one of them.
    3. Bruce Banner. What would be more ironic than him ratting himself out? Also, my first instinct was that he was talking to him up to the point I knew that the mysterious man was the traitor

4. centurian

centurian Recovering Energon Abuser

Fan-bloody-tastic issue - Tony's fantastic take down of the bitch-widow, the explanation of the "Liberators", the return of you-know-who, and of course Hawkeye: "Run".

Best comic of the year so far.

Yeah i know it's only march....

5. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

Excellent Issue. I think Hank Is with the ultimates. Hes totally playing the liberators.

6. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Best comic of the year? Are you kidding me? Killing people with his fingernails?! Horseshit.

7. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

After rereading th last scene of issue 6 a few times and talking to my brother who just read it, I have reevaluated who I beleive to be the traitor:
    1. Cap is no longer possible. I realised that he hates Hank and would NEVER talk to him. Also, I can't see him being anything but gung-ho for the increased overseas use of the team.
    2. Widow is doubtful. She was black ops, and all they ever did was interfere overseas.
    3. Banner isn't possible, because the traitor talks about being there when they stole the missiles.
    4. Fury is a slim possibility. The wrist looks like that of a lighter skinned black man, though it could be angle and lighting. His talk about no longer supporting the nation sounds like a Fury thing to say. He proved when he freed Wolverine from Weapon X that he has no problem going against SHEILD to support his ideals, however his inner monologue in the annual makes it sound like he fully supports the use of THe Ultimates on foriegn soil.
    5. The most likely possibility is The Wasp. The way Hank is surprised means that there is a lot of familiarity with the traitor, and the way the traitor talks at the end of the scene could be her speech patterns. Note the "Oh, Hank", and her worry that "they were terrified of [them]."

8. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

You are WAY OFF base.

9. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

You are WAY OFF base.
    Read my last post for the traitor. there is more then one.

10. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

I really enjoyed this issue, but I agree the scene where Hawkeye is killing his captors with fingernails is too much. The highlight of the issue had to be Tony casually taking out the widow after gleaming her of information, totally unexpected but totally in character. I am so sad that Millar is leaving and Loeb is taking over...

11. Shipwreck

I really hope Loab doesn't fark things up

12. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

It was a decent issue. The whole "political commentary" crap needs to go.

I'm not. While I've mostly enjoyed his run, I'm looking forward to the comic coming out on time for once.

13. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

That has more to do with Hitch's unrivaled art than millar's writing though. I dont mind the book coming out semi-monthly if it means looking gorgeous.

14. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

With Joe Madureira on the art?

15. DevilzFan

I know it has more to do with Hitch, but I'm talking the team change in general. I don't think Hitch's art is anything spectacular. It's good, but not an "always 2-4 months late" good.

16. DevilzFan

I'm not as keen on Joe Mad. But if it means the book getting on a regular schedule, I'm all for it.

17. The Spider

I'm not talking about his art, it's more to do with how Madureira's own BATTLE CHASERS only had 9 issues published between 1998 and 2001, and the storyline was never actually concluded.

Going by this, unless he's gotten a reasonable head start or is working faster than before, we'd be lucky if this book gets out on the same schedule as ULTIMATES 2.

18. Shipwreck

Ultimates schedule was almost as bad as Lost's.

19. Shipwreck

20. The Spider

I think it's going to be really different in tone, at least. ULTIMATES was... mostly grounded in "action movie" reality with Hitch's photo-ref art and Millar's political plot, v3 might seem more cartoonish in comparison (and I think Loeb implied in a Wizard interview it's more superhero action, less emphasis on the political stuff).

I'm liking the current arc, but I'm just as interested in the Loeb/Madureira run.