Ultimate Spidey #97 *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by DevilzFan, Jul 16, 2006.

1. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Well, it's official. Not only in real life, but in comics too...All women are insane. Ms. Pryde, I'm looking in your direction.

So Spidey has a fight with a mentally unstable Scorpion. Though this Scorpion is not at all like the 616 Scorpion. Sure, similar costume, but no Max Gargon under there. No sir. It just happens to be a Clone of Peter. And that's how we start off Part 1 of the "Ultimate Clone Saga".

Nice to see an "appearance" by Mark Raxton, a member of the band "The Molten Man", who just so "coincidentily" happens to be the 616 Molten Man. heh.

And at the very end, poor MJ gets abducted again. By whom? Dunno.

Though the "Spider-Woman" has me intrigued.

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why did Kitty Pryde do?

3. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Kitty flipped out over Peter hanging out with MJ, (correctly) claiming they were in love still.

In any case, I'm intrigued so far. The Scorpion's identity was kind of a given; I mean, who DIDN'T expect it to just be a clone of Peter? Still, a nice way to start off the Ultimate Clone Saga.

I'm wondering if the new Spider-Woman is just a female clone of Peter. That'd be...odd, to say the least.

Ideally, MJ will somehow acquire spider-powers and become the Spider-Woman, hence allowing her to be part of Peter's life again.

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    havent they learnt anything from the last clone fiasco?

5. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Yes; if you do a clone saga, make it concise, in only one on-going series, and, in that short-lived arc, also pose and answer all questions present.

They'll do fine. :) 

6. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Gotta pick this issue up. Wonder who created the Scorpion clone, since the person from the Ultimate Carnage plot is waaay to obvious.

7. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I belive that Dr. Miles Warren will end up being behind it all again.

He was Harry's therapist during the Hobgoblin arc, and has started dating Aunt May.

8. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Ultimate Clone Saga. You know I had to get it.

And I have to say, after reading it, I'm seriously debating my "wait for the hardcovers method." It was awesome. Ultimate Spidey it always awesome.

9. Liokaiser_bf

Liokaiser_bf Kaiju-bot

Yeah I started with the trades then got the whole Deadpool story in single ish forms. So I'm just working my way up to vol 15 of the trades.

Almost forgot, Yeah I have yet to read but I did browse thru it. Yeah this looks like it will be more enjoyable then the old Clone story.

10. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

I can't wait to see all of the complexities behind this clone saga. Is Reilly now working for shield? Is Warren a red-herring? What's Peter going to do with his whacked out clone? I thought the cover to 98 was supposed to be of Spider-girl I see now thats its Spider-woman.