Heavy/Scratch: Ultimate PREDAKING 2.0 Unleashed!!!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by MALFUNCTION, Jun 24, 2009.

1. MALFUNCTION

MALFUNCTION Well-Known Member

Ever since my last custom i sold last year, i got so many requests to please make a predaking. So heres what i came up with hope you like it.

So what I did was make a custom that didn’t move away from the original but mirrored the original at a larger scale with a lot more modern technology. Pretty much my main goal was to create a g1 figure that was more g1 than the original, 80’s style, with 2009 technology.

PREDAKING EXTRAS :HIP ATTACHMENTS, HANDS/FOREARM ADDONS, FOOT ADD/ONS, AND SHOULDER/WING ATTACHMENTS. “note: the only extra part as compared to the original one from 1984 is the hip attatchments.”

Accessories: predaking arm canon and die-cast SAMURAI swords.

PLEASE NOTE: NONE OF THE ORIGINAL g1 PREDACON ANIMALS WERE HARMED DURING THE MAKING OF THIS CUSTOM...hahaha

Special features:
    -2 foot retractable wings, over 30 points of articulation in the wings alone!
    -Stands 2 feet tall from point of shoulder cannons to toe cannons, no need for a stand this monster stands on its own 2 feet due to its perfect symmetry and balance. STRUCTURALLY SOUND!
    -light up LED eyes in PREDAKING HEAD.
    -5 figures each transforms from robot mode to animal mode and all join together to form 1 large figure.
    -over 100 points of articulation total within this figure, I stopped counting.
    -Very scratch resistant and durable enamel paints applied to match g1 styling
    -gold flake highlights
    -every connection point is built into each figure and snaps together securely and releases with ease.
    -100% Hasbro/takara parts bolted together using screws and bolts no glue was used on any piece of this figure.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. kaindarkstar87

kaindarkstar87 Decepticon Outcast

Holy shit man... that is awesome!! :bay 

3. FuryStrike

FuryStrike Autobot

sweet primus.

That is just INSANE man!!

I'm seeing you used Unicron's rings as a base for the wings, yes? are those Terrorcon wings from Energon?

Wow man, this pulled together great! Two feet? Solid? mother trucker XDD

4. blacklion29

blacklion29 Merlion Gestalt

Ebay:
    Three thumbs up for you dude! pure awesomeness! just loose the filters on some of the pics man. it seems it takes away the details of your work. just my 2 cents

5. cowclone

cowclone I am lost..were am I?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    nice some one has found a use for unicrons wings your paint is epic. how big is he to your menasor? or did you sell it?

6. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    Okay, I was actually checking this thing out ever since you started to reveal your individual predacons. I think you really hit the mark! This thing isn't jsut BIG it's GINORMOUS!

wow!

My only complaint is that the sword you used looks really out of place. I never imagined the raw savage Predaking to use a sophisticated sword like the katana. A broad sword would suit him better.

Anything else: Mad props!

iDD

7. linch

linch Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OMG......This is totally crazy^^!!!!!!
    Will you sell it?lol

8. Lody666

Lody666 Brother of Bruticus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And you don't work at Hasbro because.....

9. MALFUNCTION

MALFUNCTION Well-Known Member

i take it you like it?

Solid as a rock, had to be due to the size, hes a lil over big...hahaha

sorry excuse the filters i just love using them on some scenes because it really gives me that comic book animated cartoon feel. But im sure i put up enough pictures this time to make up for them.

A lot bigger...lol i still have menasor but i dont know how long for.

Yeah i was thinking that, but as i was studying and constructing predaking he really gave off a samurai look from his head to his organic like armor, so i went with it. whats coo is that the sword is die-cast. thanks again man for the compliment.

Thanks man, actually yeah this is going to the auction block this is the custom i got the most requests to make, took me about 6 months to make so here it is.

10. fateastray

fateastray AnakRepublikMalukuSelatan

OMG a gestalt with ability to make awesome dramatic poses. Great job! I'd like to see his torso a bit more detailed, though, don't get me wrong, I couldn't do this in a 100 years!

11. FuryStrike

FuryStrike Autobot

I gotta know man. What did you use for all the parts, like the wings, and the head, and the feet and that gun

share man! I humbly beg you on bended knee *snap* X_X and... there GO my knees

12. evil ivotron

evil ivotron destroy'em all

what! pretty wild

13. cowclone

cowclone I am lost..were am I?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't sell them man you must keep your work unless you make 2 of each.

14. Howling

Howling I'M NOT A GUY!!!

News Credits:
    AWESOME:jawdropper: :bay :jawdropper: :bay :jawdropper: :bay :jawdropper: :bay :jawdropper: :bay :jawdropper: :bay :jawdropper: :bay :jawdropper: :bay :jawdropper: :bay :jawdropper: :bay :jawdropper: :bay :jawdropper: did you post that soundwave?

15. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    :jawdropper: :jawdropper: :jawdropper: :jawdropper: :jawdropper: :jawdropper: 
    OMGGG!
    That is AMAZING!!!!! Hes a MONSTER! i mean compaired to Hound, Starscream, and Soundwave this guy is a Giant! excellent work on this one!
    i lovee the wings you made for Predaking! Noe that is a Decepticon to FEAR!!!!!

16. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    :jawdropper: 

dayum.... I quit... I quit kitbashing... Holy shit...

There is nothing... I mean nothing anyone can do to top that... That is Purely....

THE GREATEST KITBASHED CUSTOM EVER MADE!!!!!

17. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I must say that I've been waiting to see this piece. I truly think the wait was worth it :) 

The individual modes we've mostly seen, and I think the strength of this piece is two fold: the individual modes and the gestalt robot. Now, before you say "uh, well that's all there is", let me quantify myself with my only critique: the wings. I can definitely see many reasons why the choices were made for them, I suppose I think the Beast Wars-ish aesthetic clashes with the robot design just a bit. I'd like to see some Gundam-esque wings instead, I think.

That being said, I think this robot is the greatest benefactor of the Unicron parts for the gestalt mode. I think the designs of those Unicron parts really flow well with the design of Predaking. An area of this piece I really enjoy is how cool Razorclaw looks as the torso. I think the limbs may be just a tiny bit enlongated, but that doesn't bother me much since he is . . . well, a robot! The backpack cannons look cool, the fists look nice . . . there is honestly a lot of good things to say about this piece.

Great work :thumb 

18. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Ho...Holy shit....o_o

19. Shagon Wagon

Shagon Wagon Member

Wow ! hes huge compared to the classic starscream ! great job on this !

20. ultra magnus 14

ultra magnus 14 WRECKER

i second that! great job dude