Ultimate or Jetwing?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by zeroomegazx, Jun 29, 2011.

?

Which is the better DOTM Prime

1. Jetwing Optimus Prime

65 vote(s)
    74.7%
  2. Ultimate Optimus Prime

14 vote(s)
    16.1%
  3. Voyager or another DOTM Prime

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  4. They all suck

6 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    Just wondering what people are considering the most fitting Prime for the line. Price not necessarily an option.

Personally I think jetwing is damn near perfect. If they could have gotten his jetpack to transform into the trailer it would have been perfect. Even though I have a few ROTF Primes/Buster Prime already I think he is worth the purchase. The other prime toys in DOTM don't even come close to ROTF's prime toys IMO. The voyager is complete FAIL compared to the HFTD Prime and even to the original voyager movie prime. ROTF/Jetwing vs DOTM Ultimate comparison for Prime by himself is also downright embarassing. I just don't understand why Hasbro didn't give us Jetwing here in the states as an option.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  2. MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness Autobot Engineer

I would love to buy the Ultimate Prime, clear out the trailer, and mod the Jetwing parts to fit in it.

However, that would involve cutting up $200 worth of toys, and I'm just not sure I'm prepared to do that.

3. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If he was a domestic release (and a reasonable price), I'd buy jetwing in a heartbeat. For 150+ though, I'll stick to my $80 hasbro rotf powered prime.

After seeing peaugh's review of ultimate prime I'm even happy I didn't bite on the walmart site price. $65 for a prime that's smaller then rotf prime and a trailer that consistently breaks apart on transformation is not for me.

4. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Hands down Jetwing Prime.

5. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Jetwing Prime, no friggin' contest. Great ROTF mold with redone abs and new weapons vs a lanky waist, arm kibbly Prime with "wings" that look like strips of paper taped to his back.

6. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    I can afford Ultimate, but want Jetwing. :( 

7. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    1) It would undercut sales of Ultimate Prime.
    2) Hasbro are more tied to size classes than Takara
    3) They couldn't get away with charging the same premium for some realtivley simple additional parts as Takara.

They *might* still find a way to market Jetwing Prime in the U.S but probably won't be until long after the Xmas sales period is over and done with.

8. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    65$ Ultimate Prime vs. 175$ Jetwing Prime, of which I already have a mold of the leader.

9. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Another fact is that Takara focuses more on the collector's stand point versus Hasbro more for our children.

10. Dr. Grimlockisking

Dr. Grimlockisking Twitter @GrimlockIsKing TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This uptick in prices makes me SOOO happy I pre-ordered and paid for my Jetwing in full when A3U had it at their $134.95 price. I thought that was a bitter pill to swallow then, there's NO way I'd pay $175 for one now though.

11. Onoj

Onoj Active Member

I live in Australia so bought jetwing when I saw it in stores. Looks awesome standing next to my rotf leader prime combined with jetfire and my movie 1 prime in truck mode placed in front of them :)  I'm not even sure if ultimate is coming out here but even if it is I have 0 interest in purchasing it.

12. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    1) No it wouldn't if it were the item in place of Ultimate Prime
    2)Hasbro could have done something better for an ultimate class like the giant worm and shockwave OR bumblebee and that flying thing he drove
    3) Hasbro most certainly can, they charge year after year for repaints of the same figure with NO additional parts or gimmicks!

13. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Even tho I would like to have Jetwing more I really can't see paying $150-$200 for him no matter how good it looks.But for some people $200 ain't even pocket change for him.I guess it all boils down to which you want more.As for me I'd rather spend $65 for Ultimate Prime than $200 for Jetwing.

Also I say the two compared I would always choose Ultimate Prime because he comes with his trailer,whereas Jetwing just has his wings and pack sticking way
    out.Lastly if they ever do release Jetwing here (which I doubt very seriously) I would try to get Jetwing if it was $50 or $60 but certainly not for $200.

14. tigermask44

tigermask44 Kills Cons Dead!

News Credits:
    Buster prime still destroys all of these.

15. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    pay 200$ to commission a customizer to make you a pair of plastic wings + wings to go on your buster prime/

16. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Jetwing, and you know there'll be a third party trailer to store the upgrade parts coming later.

17. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ultimate is arguably the way to go for vehicle mode scale with Sentinel, Voyager IH, and Deluxe cars. A more expensive and smaller alternative would be the Japanese Voyager + trailer. Both are bollocks as far as accuracy in robot/trailer battle mode.

Jetwing Prime looks neat. I wouldn't kick it out of bed. But $200 for a figure I have already and a backpack? Signs point to no. I actually like the TF1/RotF design for Optimus better, so the remolding's no selling point. I like being able to give him guns, but it's not as if they are remotely accurate.

I'm weak enough so that I'd bite if Hasbro releases DA-28. Maybe I'd even get Ultimate on a killer sale. But I just don't need all the Movie Optimuses. Bang for your buck: go with RotF Leader. If it has to be a DotM Prime, either sell out tons of money or just buy yourself a Fireburst Voyager. His axe is so cool that he doesn't need to be remotely accurate. :lol 

Myself I actually really like the looks of the Wal-Mart Deluxe, but I'm having no luck finding it. And you really need to have accessories ready cause the one he comes with sucks.

18. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Amen brother, I'm with you.

19. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    THIS! I am so hoping that my option to go with Jetwing will eventually yield a third party trailer that is not just a nice addition, but freaking hawt. Can I dream? I think I will. I see an all chrome trailer. :p 

20. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits: