Ultimate movie game idea.... Michael Bay READ THIS!!!!!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by webz, Feb 22, 2009.

1. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Street Fighter 4... is... well, it's like your highschool sweetie comes back to you after 20 years looking like a super model, and wants to do nothing but make sweet, sweet love to you for hours....

Playing it on PS3, I kept thinking how cool it would be to use this engine for a Transformers Movie fighter, with awesome graphics. Ultimate Rockem Robots game....

It would be AWESOME.

*sigh* Too bad we only get crappy third-person shooters.

Any ideas about what a TF street fighter game should have in it? I would want little humans scurrying about like Primal Rage. Randomly toss in an Allspark powerup to give a super attack. Fatalities such as Megatron's Jazz rip, and Prime's beheading....

What else?!?!?!?

Michael Bay, call Marketing and get them working on it!

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind it, but side-scroller beat-em-up games like that never struck me as mainline. More like glorified online arcade games.

I'll wait to get mad and start demanding shit AFTER I play the second movie game, but your idea sounds kinda nifty.

3. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    why was this moved to "Non Transformers, Video games"???? This has EVERYTHING to do with Transformers, and the movies....
    My idea was more of a 3D one-on-one fighter, like SF4, rather than a side scroller (like Final Fight), but anything would be better than the low quality Rainbow Six wannabe games we got with the first movie, and it seems we'll get for the 2nd one.

4. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Eh. No thanks.

The problem with licensed games is the time frame they're built on (extremely limited with massive oversight from way too many people), not the style of game they are.

5. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Not always the case. Sometimes the genre really matters. Look at Spider-Man 2 (and to an extent, SM3 on PS3 & 360). They went with a "Grand Theft Auto" style that really worked for the character, as opposed to the linear path 2D or 3D games that came before. It was a huge improvement and generally praised by critics and fans.

The upcoming Wolverine game seems to be on the right track too. Wolverine is ENCOURAGED to use his claws, as well as brutality, which seems to be the path the movie is taking as well.

The Genre matters, especially in the case of Transformers. With Spider-Man, you have one main character, and a few villains. You have to enlarge the storyline. Transformers has 12+ characters, none with any real characterization, so a brawler would work better, especially since the battles in the first game were so pathetic. Weapons were useless, and hitting Barricade 40 times with a tree was a joke. Not to mention the near-invincible flamethrower bots. I would have much preferred to fight as Bonecrusher and get revenge on Optimus in a battle to the death.

6. Bayless

Bayless Well-Known Member

i would buy the shit out of that game.
    MAKE IT HAPPEN

7. Ian7

Ian7 LOOK AT MY SIG AND CLICK

This, no matter how much of a pipe-dream it is.

8. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because the gist of this discussion is about a VIDEO GAME which isn't a transformer.

9. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    that would be pretty awesome

10. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

we already had 1 pretty damn good transformers game on ps1. they just need to tweak that shit.