Heavy/Scratch: Ultimate Galvatron WIP/Proof of concept

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Shepard Prime, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

Ultimate Galvatron WIP

UPDATE April 28, 2012

Okay, here we go. First off:

Ultimate Galvatron's Rolling Dreadnaught. Prime has his trailer, so I thought Galvatron gets a rolling armory/tank and sometimes transport to powerlink to because why should Optimus have all the fun? :) 

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

In Attack of the Clones, those starships would fly down and drop the At-Ats onto the battlefield and then fly off again for continued assault. That's what's going on here. Galvatron transports Armada G and his Dreadnaught and drops them off onto the battlefield. Galvatron also has the additional option to stay linked to the Dreadnaught, adding extra offensive power and abilities to both the Armada G (he's inside the Dreadnaught) and the Dreadnaught.

[​IMG]

Here's Armada Galvatron combined with the Dreadnaught, unhooked from Galvatron Master.

[​IMG]

My WIP Frenzy poking his head out in one of the control seats.

[​IMG]

Okay, here we have A.G. in Rolling Thunder mode. Tank and A.G. combined in full on assault mode.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Most of the weapons have decent to good posability. They can turn, bank, etc. A.G., while in this mode, can turn 360 degrees and dip and raise his main arsenal. When he's in this mode, he can transport a fair amount of minicons inside or two scout class transformers.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

This is a nod to G1 Megatron. Megatron could take his cannon (well the toy could anyways) and mount it onto a stand and fire away. So I took AG and put him into an altered version of his powerlink mode, sans Tidal Wide and co. Galvatron is controlling him (he actually is holding him by using two of the minocon ports and not just positioned to look like it) as an assault battery.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Here's a few shots of A.G. by himself. Of course, he has the BFG on his right arm like every Megatron/Galvatron should.

And here's a few of Galvatron by himself.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I still need to make his Ball and Chain to go with the sword. In the meantime...poor Topspin.

[​IMG]

This is the energy shield I mentioned in the OP. It's based off of the energy shield Megs pulled out in the G1 cartoon. Hopefully it'll look the way I want it when I paint it. I just hate that I couldn't attach it to the cannon like I originally wanted to. Not enough space to do it so I settled on the wing.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

This is the "B" version of AG/Energon Galvatron powerlink modes. Ultimate Battle Station. The wings can rotate, giving him a 45 to 125 degree of side to side range.

And FINALLY...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Powerlink "A" version! AG is attatched to the back of Galvatron using two 5mm steel shelf pegs and the plastic caps that come with them. Much better than the rubber bands I used in the proof of concept pic in the OP. I think it's funny to see an actual Armada Megs on his back given that Energon Galvatron comes with a tank that's shaped exactly like a smaller scale AG.

This was a while in coming. Took me awhile to get the time to work on him and longer to find the time to snap some decent pictures of this guy.

I've started painting this guy as you can see, but not much has been done. I wanted to lock down how he was going to look in all of his various modes to get an idea of how the colors would mesh before I proceeded further.

I'm pretty sure what color schemes I want now for Galvatrons but the added Dreadnaught has thrown me for a loop so if anyone has any suggestions for a color scheme for the tank, I'm open.

I still have alterations to do to it as well as I need some other parts to get him where I want him to be.

C and C welcome. Hope you guys like so far.

Attached Files:

2. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

what about the Cybertron/Galaxy Force mold?

3. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

At first I didn't think I could do it. But I think I figured a way out to get him in there. I just have to get the cash together to get him and get to work on it.

4. BLOODRAGED189

BLOODRAGED189 Getting a job to buy TFs.

News Credits:
    That is a BMotherFG.

5. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

lol. Scary thing is, that's smaller than what it was. I had to adjust the length because it wouldn't clear the ground if he put his arm down at his side.

6. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    I like the thought and the concept, but your execution seems to me that you are trying too hard here....

7. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

Well don't just leave me hanging. :)  What parts do you feel are overkill?