Ultimate Extinction #1

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by thefrozenred, Jan 13, 2006.

1. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    What did everyone think..? I think it was a decent enough first issue. The new Silver Surfer is definitely looking nice, and I wonder about his motives. I hope that Gah-Lak-Tus doesn't end up being a 70 foot tall dude again, though.

And who were the two female characters in those last few pages duking it out..? I figure they must be ultimate versions of 616 characters, but who..?

2. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Good issue. Reed is one deeply disturbed motherfucker.

As for the chicks at the end, Misty Knight, who (If I remember correctly) was part of the Luke Cage/Iron Fist "Heroes for Hire" in the 616. Don't know the other one.

3. thefrozenred

Ebay:
    "We just wanted to give you an accurate idea of what will happen." Uh huh.

The one thing I disliked was that they used one of the most famous 9/11 pictures in the virtual panic simulation (the guy running away with his mouth open). Minor as it was, it removed me from the experience, as it was like, "Okay, now I *KNOW* where I've seen *THAT* one before." The others were cool, though.

4. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

I enjoyed this issue. Ultimate Silver Surfer doesn't seem to be a surfer so much as he has wings instead but I like this version so far. No clue on who those women were. They showed the bald one had the Dr. Doom tatoo on her arm though. Should be interesting to see how this story turns out.

5. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

I loved the description of the things Gah Lak Tus does to populations he's about to ingest/destroy... to the people following Ultimate Vision, I caught one chapter of that in a Borders where she's talking about the methods she's employed when trying to halt Gah Lak Tus... where does that fit into the Ultimate Galactus timeline? Presumably somewhere after this issue, because there's mention made that they're not getting very far with Vision's memory, but other than that, I got no clue.

6. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Ultimate Vision back story, which ran through Ultimate Spiderman, Fantastic Four and X-men served as a prelude to Ultimate Extinction

7. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

Nope. Gah-Lak-Tus seems to be something like the Lex twin brother with Galactus hat for an arse.

Pretty cool if you ask me. But what it IS is a totally other question.

8. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I haven't read this yet, but they talked about it on AOTS. Apparently most people think the bald chick is either Vipera, or Moon Dragon. Moon Dragon would be interesting because they haven't used her in a hell of a long time.

9. thefrozenred

Ebay:
    Moon Dragon! Yeah! I know absolutely NOTHING about the character other than that she's a bald female, and I couldn't remember her name, but I was figuring it might be her.

What was her power, again?

10. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Moon Dragon is a Telepath. (supposedly on a par with Xavier) She was originally introduced in the Avengers. Lately she's been popping up in stories that involve Adam Warlock and Thanos.

I liked the issue so far, but I've got a nagging thought that their gonna solve this whole thing with Jean Grey as Phienox.

11. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    Source: The Unofficial Marvel Comic Reference HQ

12. thefrozenred

Ebay:
    I wouldn't be surprised if this came true. Maybe this is how Ultimate Jean Grey dies?

(It would also coincide with X-3, wouldn't it, in which she might also die? And you know Marvel loves to have the comics and movies line up)

13. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I doubt that Jean Grey will die in this.

If they are going to kill her off they would do it in the regular Ultimate X-Men series so that people reading that won't wonder why suddenly she dies.

14. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Um, yeah, I pointed that out. Problem is, the guy when asked in UE#1 implies Vision isn't operational, that he's had no luck reactivating it/her. Except in the one bit of the Vision backup stories I did see, Vision wasn't just active but talking and giving a history lesson on Gah Lak Tus. Which doesn't match up with UE#1. Which was my question: where does the UV storyline fit in, since it's obviously got to be after UE#1?

15. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

Where does Sam Wilson imply Vision isn't operational? All he says about Vision in UE#1 is that they're about to see data based on what could be salvaged from Vision's memory banks (and the Kree knowledge base thanks to Mahr Vehl). After everything Vision has been though it'd be no surprise that she lost some of her memory data. Plus, Reed mentions it's good to meet Sam face to face instead of videoconferencing (which they showed them doing in the UV story).

16. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

My mistake; just gave it a re-read with that slant on it and you're right :p  Gah. I'd read it as "salvaged" meant non-operational and only able to retrieve some stored data rather than conversation and the rest that's shown in the UV stories.

My bad ^^;;