ultimate bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by deceptacreep, Sep 3, 2007.

1. deceptacreep

deceptacreep Member

hey there,

Can anyone who owns the ultimate bumblebee toy shed some light on a question I have regarding this toy? I recently recieved this as pre order from Hong Kong (meant to be the 'TAKARA version', although nothing to set it apart from the hasbro version from what I can see...) As an anally retentive collector here, mine remains unopened in the box. However the window on the package states ' try me ' and by holding down the autobot chest plate he is meant to play part of the theme song. Mine doesn't seem to work upon doing this. Is it because the batteries may be flat or is it due to the fact it has an auto shut off mechanism which is meant to conserve the batterie power? I have e mailed the seller and am awaiting a response. Any feedback in the meantime would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :confused: 

2. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

The button might not be lined up right. There's a peg behind the logo, and when you press it, it presses a yellow button behind it, so it has to be lined up right

3. deceptacreep

deceptacreep Member

Not too sure if that's the case, I tried again and it still doesn't work? Do you think it's a batterie issue..? Was yours working when you purchased the one you have? I'm a little concerned as returning an item that big will cost half as much as buying a brand new one!!!

4. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I dunno, opened him as soon as I got him. Some of the ones I've tried at retail have this problem, too

5. deceptacreep

deceptacreep Member

can I ask if your's worked when you purchased yours before opening the little B, or I should say big B, right? It's such a great toy and I'm really beyond disappointed right now. Should I just open him and put in new batteries or wait to hear back from the seller. So frustrated to say the least right now in discovering this. What would you do? Thanks for your prompt responses too, brand new on here.:inquisiti 

6. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I got him for my b-day, and I never saw my dad buy it, so I never tested it out. I would say just carefully take him out, check the chest alignment and the batteries, then put him back if you want

7. deceptacreep

deceptacreep Member

Thanks I guess I may hafta bite the bullet and get my hands dirty.:banghead: 

8. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Try just taking him out of the box, but keep him tied down. Try fiddling with the chest a bit before fully removing him

9. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I bought one a few weeks ago that did'nt work at all. I tried new batteries, all buttons, everything and it would'nt work for anything.

Took it back and traded it in for another one. Everything works fine on this one.

Even if everything is'nt lined up right, it should still work. Even with the arms detached my head still rotates and lights up with the headlights.

Would trade it in. It really bugs ya when you pay $70 for a toy that does'nt work right. Usually I dont care much about the electronics , but this is an exception since this one has so many features

10. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

misb battery toys are a bad idea anyway. after time the batteries will leak and ruin the whole thing.

11. deceptacreep

deceptacreep Member

Yeah Thanks guys... I get the feeling the one I have is faulty by the looks! Not happy about this at all. He should have been checked before being sent out to me with one that fully works. It cost me about $120 australian and I pre ordered way back in January. Not too simple to send an item as big as him back for a new one.

12. deceptacreep

deceptacreep Member

yeah you're right but if I open this one and its faulty I may not be able to exchange it either, thats my dilemma. Would you wait and hear what the seller has to say before I make an attempt, perhaps? He's a wicked toy and would love to open him right up but not if it means I can't somehow exchange him for a new one...

13. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

:lolol 

14. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

:lol  Eva, you aint right

15. deceptacreep

deceptacreep Member

:horse:  guess not...