Ultimate Bumblebee sound and motion sensors

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by alienux, Jul 7, 2009.

1. alienux

alienux New Member

So, now that I've figured out the clicking noise issue with my Ultimate Bumblebee, I now have another question regarding the sound and motion sensor capabilities of the figure. The instructions, and most reviews I've read, say that Bumblebee should respond to voice, clapping sounds, etc, and that he should respond to motion.

My UBB seems to only respond to having the chest or side buttons pressed. He is in "On" mode, not "Try Me," so I know that isn't the issue. If Bumblebee is active and making sounds/moving from the press of a button, he does not respond to any sounds or motions, but cycles through random sound effects and movements about every 10 seconds. Once he becomes inactive (after not having any buttons pressed for a short period), he still doesn't respond to any sounds or movements, and will only do anything again after pressing one of the buttons, at which time he goes through the sounds again every 10 or so seconds, but won't respond to any sound or movement.

I've emailed Hasbro directly to ask about this and have not received any kind of response from them yet.

My question is, am I doing something wrong, or should he just automatically respond when I speak or clap or move near him?

2. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    It was the same way with the 07 one I had. damn thing wouldnt activate worth a damn to any noise or motion.

but it would fire the missile at me for no reason at all

3. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Yea, that little bastard lost his battery privelages when he turned on his owner and shot me in the face twice. All the sudden he would just raise up and fire. Looking at him now, they could have made a much better toy without that huge ass battery pack, and a second hinge on the chest to push it up a bit higher.

4. ManiactoaLaco

ManiactoaLaco Well-Known Member

I was at Wal-Mart in 2007 and walked by a Ultimate BB. The packaging was ripped open and when I walked by it shot me.

And started going `Whip it! Whip it good!`` Or something like that.

Crazy Shit.

MTL