Minor/Repaint: Ultimate Bumblebee Slight Chest Mod

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by rapid_fire, Feb 10, 2009.

1. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

I bought this guy, and he's not as bad as photos make him out to be. The biggest problem, is his chest is just WAY too damn big, and the hinges it sits on, places it far too low on the body. I didn't want to hack it up at all, so I left the chest the same size, I just removed it from the hinge it was on, removed the hinge from the body, and made my own little clip that just lets the chest clip onto the electronic button switch thing on his chest.

It looks a bit better, but what Hasbro really should have done, is instead of slicing the hood down the middle, and having half the hood on the back, they should have sliced it a lot further down the front, leaving almost all the hood on the back, that way the chest could have sit up a lot higher and would have looked way better, but ah well.

I really wanted to make a completely new chest out of a plastic camaro toy, but I couldn't find one and said forget it.

I also wanna pick up a gold sharpie marker and finish the paint apps too, but that's for another day :) 

This mod is re-versable as well. The clips I made is just screwed on using the same screws/screwhole the big hinge was using.

anyways, here's my pics. Oh yeah, I colored the eyes black, because he looked freaky with white eyes.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  2. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You've made a very passable figure infinitely less so & I love the improvement; but still don't like this mold...

3. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    As big as this toy is Hasbro really dropped the ball on his design it could have been so much better

4. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    yea I agree it makes him look better but theres just no saving that mold

5. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very nice but this mold was dead when a Hasbro designer said and I quote "I LiKe KId aPpEal" and proceded to throw up on his paper till it somewhat resembles BB.

6. closetrat

News Credits:
    The biggest sin by far is the price -- for that, I would have loved to see a movie accurate figure (roughly the same size, but using lots of little arms to move everything) & a highly sophisticated conversion; hell, make the panels really thin (still using Voyager Prime's smokestack break-away mounts to save panels stress) & give us some A1 paintjob...

7. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

maybe someday we'll get a masterpiece version, that would be awesome.

8. closetrat

News Credits:
    to be fair though, I hope they do both the '74 & '08 molds (don't really see the need for the '09 model - but it's more likely than either of the 1st two...); but my dearest wish is the '74 sculpt - just love all his gritty details...

9. Rycher_Prime

Rycher_Prime Active Member

Hey,Could you show how you did the chest mod?I want to do it to mine and cant figure out how you did it.