Ultimate Battle Optimus and Megatron SINGLE PACKS, Where were they available?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nevermore, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Please read this post carefully so you don't answer a question I didn't ask!

I'm amazed how many times these two sculpts were released without a redeco.

First there was the US market Classics two-pack including the "Ultimate Battle" DVD (1). There was also a "Bonus Value" version of the two-pack with two of the three Giant Planet Mini-Con Team members. (1A and 1B).

Then there was the "international"/European markets version, which came in a smaller, differently-shaped box and lacked the DVD, which was available in stores separately. (2)

Then there were the European market single packs (3A and 3B).

Then there was the United States market two-pack re-release in "Universe" packaging using the original, pre-2008 Universe logo and packaging design. This two-pack was originally available at Dollar General, later also at Big Lots and KB Toys. (4)

The Optimus Prime sculpt was also available as part of the Walmart exclusive 2007 movie line "Leader for the Ages" two-pack with Fast Action Battler Optimus Prime. (5)

And lastly, the two-pack was once again re-released recently in 2010 "Transformers"-style packaging (using the rarer "red box" design also used for Generations). This two-pack has thus far been found at Dollar General and is also available from Big Bad Toy Store as a "shared exclusive". (6)

The sculpts were also redecoed for the 2008 Universe line (the "Special Editions" available on Asian Hasbro markets and from Hasbro Toy Shop, later also found at Marshalls stores in the USA) and for Takara's United line.

My question is: Which countries were 3A and 3B released in? I know they have been found in the Netherlands, but how about the United Kingdom?

Attached Files:

2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
  3. ElSnarfo

ElSnarfo Registered Slacker

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I found them at the time at my local TRU in Ijmuiden, The Netherlands (I'm from Amsterdam myself)

4. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    There must be something wrong with me as I actually quite like the last 2 repacks and would buy them just for the boxes and the relative rarity in international terms.

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Yep, we definitely had the 3A and 3B packs shown here in the UK. They were only available at TRU as I recall.

6. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Definitely saw 3B at various TRUs in the UK, circa 2008.

7. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Saw 3A and 3B in Edinburgh Forbidden Planet. Only saw 3A once though, however 3B seemed to be there for a while.

It was the usual Euro Multi-Lingual packaging.

8. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Japan has a release of Optimus (UN-06) and there is also the premium release of Optimus (SE-01). Not sure if UK got those or not though.

I'd try Amazon UK.

9. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    I don't think the OP was asking that, as the question related to the various releases the original deco has enjoyed.

10. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe, hard to tell if the OP was only interested in the molds being released separately or that specific packaging being released. And the fact he both asks "which countty" and the UK.

And the fact that if is one was being a completionist, those are indeed available package variants for the Prime mold which he hasn't listed.

Just trying to be helpful.

11. Napjr

Napjr Mr. Internet Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    The single releases were available in Mexico a couple of years ago, cant remember any details about the packaging though (like if it was tri lingual, european, etc)