Ultimate Avengers 2 Trailer

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by DevilzFan, Jun 11, 2006.

1. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

2. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Hah, I love that part at the end with Iron Man. Well, I love it as much as I can accept that it would NEVER happen, but still.

Anyway, definitely NOT buying this. After the previous "Ultimate Avengers," I can safely say that I'll pass without any regret. Like the UA, it seems like general-issue superhero fare - not like other animated comic book series, ala the really good episodes from JLU and Batman: TAS. In those examples, the episodes were more than "Let's stop the bad guys, team!" and included compelling and interesting character development/dilemmas, creative storylines, and themes (see: season 2 of JLU, particularly the last episode, and B:TAS, where Gordon gets shot, as well as the two-parter Robin finds his parents' killer).

Given that the Ultimate Avengers movies are FULL LENGTH animated films, I have extraordinarily high standards; these films SHOULD be as good as, if not better than, the episodes detailed above. The fact that I'd rather watch an equal amount of JLU reruns instead of Ultimate Avengers again is testament to that.

/rant

3. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

^^^I can see where you're coming from, honest, and I agree with what you say. However, at under 90 minutes, this seems just to be harmless fun, and with the lack of JLU and B:TAS anymore, the UA movies aren't a completely worthless way to get a superhero kick.

My main complaint about the first movie is the totally LAME villain. I don't read the Marvel comics this is based on, but I'm aware of who the characters are, and the aliens in the first movie were faceless, personality-lacking, generic villains. It doesn't look like UA2 is getting a more worthy villain, either...

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I mildly enjoyed the first movie, but JLU pissed all over it. Then again, with very few exceptions (I can think of Samurai Jack), JLU pissed all over every cartoon I've ever seen.

5. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    While I know it can't stick too close to the source material, Id love to see it be more like the Ultimate avengers. But if they are going to go off and do their own thing at least take from the best stories from the old avengers comics. On the first one I kept hoping for a stutuation like in the comic where a horney hulk is out searching for betty threatening to kill freddy prince JR.

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't seen the first one yet and was justing thinking of picking up the DVD but if you guys say its bad, I guess i will pass it up...

7. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Eh, yeah it has its faults, but I liked the first one and will probably get the second one. I really doubt there will be many cartoons that can really surpass JLU, it was something special, but I look at the UA as just some good fun, with decent action. Looks like the second one will meet those expectations.

8. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll get it..

LOVED the end with Iron Man

9. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I loved the first one. Great animation, great voice work. It was kinda short on action, but very well done. Now that all the Avengers (Minus Black Panther in UA2) have their origin/backstories pretty much told, this one can focus on more action.

10. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Like the first one, I'll watch it when the film inevitably gets onto Cartoon Network, but I'm definitely not buying it. I thought the first one was OK, with beautiful animation and decent voice work, but the story was terrible. It wasn't so much the limited action, but the pacing was messed up and there were a number of elements that just didn't make any sense. The characterization also wasn't handled very well either, IMO.

And maybe it isn't fair to compare this to JLU, but that's the reality: Justice League Unlimited set a new standard for writing in a superhero cartoon (especially one aimed at a slightly older audience like UA cleary is) and the first Ultimate Avengers film didn't even come close to that standard.

11. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

Thor still has no beard. I demand the beard.

12. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I liked the first one, I think this one will be good as well. War Machine rocks!

Anyway, anyone ever see that comedian that does the fake movie voice? Doesn't the voice for this sound exactly like him?

13. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

I second that beard motion

14. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whoa, so the vibe I'm getting is not to have too high of an expectation for the first movie...guess I will pick it up and watch it over the weekends! :D