UKTF #23 thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Omnius, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Issue #23 of Titan's TF comic came in the post today... looks like it's incorporating a continuation of the canned Animated comic! It's now up to 4 strips - the alternative movie-verse (with some substandard art), bite-sized Megatron Origin, the continuing Animated strip (actually the highlight of the whole issue!), and more bite-sized BW: The Ascending.

Up-sides: Now comes with two cover-mounted gifts. Presumably the cover-mounts ordered for Animated have to be given away somewhere, I wonder how much it's costing Titan to do this. Also, the Animated strip is actually quite good.

Down-sides: The alternate movie-verse. This is going to confuse a LOT of new readers when ROTF hits. Also, despite the cramming in of a 4th strip, it still feels like too many pages are given over to the letters, bad fan art, collection photos etc. I'm losing interest in The Ascending too, given how long they're dragging it out.

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Sweet, maybe we can get some answers about Afterburn.

As for the alternate Movieverse, I'm thinking it is moving toward an alternate Revenge of the Fallen that will be fairly close to the film to fit in as best it can.

3. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Without spoiling... you won't be disappointed then. :) 

4. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    What ??

My Issue #22 just came today !!

5. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whaaa?

*checks*

Yup it's definitely issue 23!

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Oh yeah, just got mine today, and WOW! Not disappointed one bit, and a lot of people are going to just love that last panel :) 

7. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    I had to order mine from Titan cause my subscription ran out

8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I see they bumped the price up to £2.99. I suppose it can be explained away because of the extra pages for the Animated strip and the covermounted gifts becoming more and more elaborate and numerous, but it would be nice to have some mention of it beforehand, or acknowledged in the issue the price went up in. Looking at the 'coming soon' in the previous issue the price for this month's issue was shown as £2.70 so I can only assume the hike was right before it went to print or they just didn't bother fixing the preview box.
    I have a few coin so I'm okay, but I can imagine the disappointment of some little kid who has put some of his precious pocket money to one side to buy the comic only to find it just hiked 29p without warning and now he can't afford it. Also, this must now be one of the more expensive kid's comics of this type on shelves. Will parents still be happy to pay out for it if the price keeps rising with no mention?

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    The Animated strip is continuing? Sweet! I won't be getting my copy for a while due to the time it takes to ship the magazine to where I live, so can anyone let me in on what happens to Afterburn (spoiler tags on, of course)...?

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    If I knew how to put spolier tags I would.

Instead I'll just put the info a bit further down and people can either highlight it or ignore as they see fit:

Afterburn has apparently actually been secretly working for a certain big silvery, fusion cannon-wielding Decepticon leader and Bumblebee catches them mid-communication when Afterburn returns to the Autobot base after a 'Secret Autobot Mission' away. Then Megatron suddenly arrives (I assume Afterburn told him where the Autobot base was) to kill Afterburn (and presumably everyone else). 'To be continued...' then occurs. :)