Fan Art: UKTD Thread 2018 Calendar thread!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by tikgnat, Aug 3, 2017.

1. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    CALENDAR UPDATE.

[​IMG]

They have been printed, the Shitbot cards have been inserted (well bar 1 card, I literally need 3 picture corners) so once they're packed up they're ready to go!

One niggle though, the backs of the free card pages have actually been printed upside down, which means if you cut the cards out the backs of them will be offset! Woe! But, I'm not getting them printed again because aside from reprinting the pages the calendars will need to be disassembled then reassembled and... well time is a factor I'm acutely aware of right now.

Just means I'll have to get on making a 'proper' set of cards available. Anyway. I have mine (whoohoo!) and yours are tantalisingly close. And once out I can finally reveal the last secret, which I have been keeping secret.

Also, there is ONE calendar available, first come first served. Also there are 4 that as yet unpaid for, so depending on what those guys do I may have a few more available in a week or so.

Edit
    Looks like the last one has gone, and there's one guy on the waiting list!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  2. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    FYI, all your calendars are packed and ready to go. I would have sent them but I am waiting for a British Gas Engineer (between 8am and 1pm) for a boiler service.

I am still waiting.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  3. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    CALENDAR UPDATE.

[​IMG]

This will probably be the last update this year, because fifty three Calendars are away! So two for me, six for Pubers in hand is Sixty One calendars accounted for! So these should be dropping in through doors tomorrow (or later assuming you're one of the three overseas guys).

EXCITE!

Now... the eagle eyed among you may have noticed that that this cover picture is not quite the same as the cover picture that I have shared before, and that the other pic of all the calendars on the table had a slightly different back page as well... and that I've been very eager to get these out to you as soon as possible... And the reason why that is is because I have built in a COMPETITION into the calendar.

[​IMG]

I'm sorry? I've done WHAT now?

Now then, I've already decided upon the prize which is a mystery but rest assured it's not shit. In fact thinking about it I must be totally insane giving whatever it is away considering I make no money on these calendars. But y'know, it'll make someones Christmas yeah? The actual competition itself... is a secret code that I've hidden throughout the calendar that you've got to decipher.

[​IMG]

Suddenly it makes sense why I posted a picture of the Krypto Strikes Back book a while ago... and let's just say that if you do have a copy of this book it'll make deciphering that code a little bit easier. But I warn you, the answer is hidden pretty darn fiendishly but long term UKTD threadizens may have an advantage.

Now rules rules rules...

-Send answers to me PRIVATELY please! (So PM's in TFW, or privately through FB, you get the idea). So no public messages saying 'oh is it this?' Because I'll be pissed and I'll exclude you from the compo because immaprick.
    -Competition is ONLY open to those of you who actually bought the calendar, so even if everyone gets the answer you still have (as of today) a one in fifty seven chance of winning, better odds than the lottery.
    -Competition deadline is 30th of November, which gives you a month and a half to crack the code and gives me ample time to get the prize to the winner before Christmas.
    -My decisions on this compo will be final. I don't want anyone afterward squealing that it's too hard or whatever. Naw, it's meant to be fun (for me) so any negativity immagonnaignore, because as I said earlier immaprick.

Although, if I don't get any answers I may drop a clue or two further down the line.

Lastly, 4 people have not paid yet. One has been in touch so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. But the other 3 haven't really been forthcoming with communication (despite my best efforts) so if they don't get back to me by close of play on Thursday, then I'll make the 3 available to others.

And I already have a waiting list of two... Also I can't be bothered to chase them up YET AGAIN because y'know. Immaprick.

Now is that a fucking update or what?

• Like Like x 5
  4. Napalm

Napalm Sins Of The Manfish TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Fucking LEGEND.

• Like Like x 4
  5. kgorman79

kgorman79 Trapped In Polyhex

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Fucking TERRIBLE photoshop :lol 

kit legend.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  6. Napalm

Napalm Sins Of The Manfish TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Kit would do that better because he is SO GOOD at Photoshop :lol 

• Like Like x 4
  7. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Well doe Tikgnat for putting so much time and effort into these calendars.

I'll happily keep buying them as long as you're making them, and UK Threadians are submitting images for you to use.

Phill

8. kgorman79

kgorman79 Trapped In Polyhex

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    That really is the truth!

Kind of want to see him do the poster right now! :lol 

9. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    OK, here's some higher (but not too high, beware the KO! ;) ) res pics of the calendar, so even if you haven't bought a calendar, if you want you can try work out the code for 'fun'... if you like.

But please, don't put any answers up in public (although, if you do get the answer, UKTDers will know if they're right straight away), run them by me in private!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  10. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Got my calendar - fantastic work! :thumb 

Those G1 tech spec cards look great. I don't plan on cutting them out though (gotta keep that calendar mint for the surefire investment value decades from now!) which means I do kinda wish both rows were printed the same way up, so the whole page could be displayed as is. But that's a very minor nitpick, in an otherwise stellar achievement!

11. Convoy

Convoy Pipetimus Prime

Got my calendar ^_^ its brilliant, the tech specs are so cool. No way I;m cutting them out. Keeping them for reference.

12. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Sweet, glad you got them safely. I printed the cards that way because 'in theory' it meant there would be less risk inverting the backs of the cards... except that's exactly what happened and the backs were offset anyway. Bah! I'll just have to make the actual cards available as a set.

What a berk.

CALENDAR UPDATE! Kind of. You still have a month to try and crack the code! Don't give up! Prize (not shit) to be won! ONLY 6 PEOPLE ARE IN THE DRAW. THOSE ARE HELLA GOOD ODDS. Right now winning is the same probability as rolling a 6!

• Like Like x 2
  13. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    CALENDAR UPDATE

[​IMG]

Times up, pens down, any calls after now will not be counted and you may still be charged...

The calendar competition... is OVER. Now you've had (I assume) well over a month to take a stab at this, and I make no apologies for it being difficult... it was supposed to be worthy of Sky Lynx after all.

OK, first things first... the code... now bear in mind I spent a while doing this and it's aside from one twist (which is perfectly obvious when you know about my screen name) it's all totally logical...

Right, the first big clue is the actual answer, if you look it has thirteen digits/letters. So, you're looking for 13 of something hidden in the calendar. Now, obviously the theme of the calendar is 'Where's Dirge'. What you may not have realised is that there are 13 different Dirge's... a coincidence? Nope. They're the code.

Each Dirge is sitting on a date, a number. For instance in January there is Universe Dirge who is sitting on 18. So if you look through all the months you'll get;

18, 6, 7, 14, 7, 9, 19, 21, 19, 26, 6 and 18.

'But that's only 12 numbers!' I hear you cry but there is another Dirge... Maz's wonderful MP Dirge on the back cover. 'But there's no number!' except there is... see the digital sunburst? It's a big fat '8' (which was the second clue, the '8' wasn't just there because I'm (BAD) Chinese....) So that's 13 numbers! Huzzah! Is that it then? Well... no. The next step is what do those numbers mean and what order do they come in?

OK, If you look the numbers range from 6 (the lowest) to 26 (the highest), what else has 26 characters? The alphabet! Now, one of the most common ciphers is the A1-Z26 cipher, where every number refers to it's equivalent in the alphabet. Great stuff so if I apply the A1-Z26 cipher to the numbers I get the letters

RFGNGISUSZFRH.

Hmm. That means nothing at all. OK let's table that for now and lets tackle the order... There are 13 different Dirge toys right?

Universe Dirge (18),
    Commemorative series Dirge (6),
    Kreo Dirge (7),
    G1 Dirge (14),
    Botcon 2005 Dirge (7),
    Heroes of Cybertron Dirge (9),
    Botcon 2007 Dirge (19),
    Henkei Dirge (21),
    ROTF Dirge (9),
    BWII Dirge (26),
    Animated Dirge (6),
    Generations Dirge (18),
    Masterpiece Dirge (8).

There's another clue on the front cover where I say 'time is very important'... but what could that mean? Well each Dirge HAS A DIFFERENT RELEASE DATE. So if you put them into order you get...

1985 G1 (14) N
    1998 BWII (26) Z
    2003 HOC (9) I
    2004 Commemorative (6) F
    2005 Botcon (7) G
    2007 Botcon (19) S
    2008 Universe (18) R
    Mar 2009 Henkei (21) U
    Dec 2009 ROTF (9) I
    Mar 2010 Animated (6) F
    Sep 2010 Generations (18) R
    Dec 2012 Kreo (7) G
    and May 2017 Masterpiece (8) H

Which gives us the code

NZIFGSRUIFRGH!

Wait, what the hell is that? That's a load of shit I want my money back! Except... 26=Z as the second letter? Quite often a vowel comes second so what if 26 doesn't equal Z, but equals 'A' instead? In fact, rather than a A1-Z26 cipher it's actually a A26-Z1 cipher instead? So... backwards? That would give me...

1985 G1 (14) M
    1998 BWII (26) A
    2003 HOC (9) R
    2004 Commemorative (6) U
    2005 Botcon (7) T
    2007 Botcon (19) H
    2008 Universe (18) I
    Mar 2009 Henkei (21) F
    Dec 2009 ROTF (9) R
    Mar 2010 Animated (6) U
    Sep 2010 Generations (18) I
    Dec 2012 Kreo (7) T
    and May 2017 Masterpiece (8) S

MARUTHIFRUITS...

MARUTHI FRUITS.

And if you are a regular TFW UKTDer you (may) recall that a while ago we had a spambot come into the thread trying to sell the best ever mango pulp. And there you have the answer! Devious, no?

Well, only 6 people actually got it right, and they are...

1 kgorman79 (TFW)
    2 Neuta (Pube)
    3 Rodentus prime (TFW)
    4 BigPhill (TFW)
    5 scubaboy31 (Pube)
    6 Neurie (Pube)

And because there's only 6 I will assign them numbers and roll a dice... but let me have some Warhammer time first...

And I'm back! So without Further ado...

Check out that production value eh?

And thus the prize has been revealed... And thus, that's the end of the first (and possibly only) UKTD Calendar competition! I have no idea how I can possible top it. Hope you had as much fun with it as I did and I guess, I'll see you next year!

Well, next year with regards to another calendar...

Now 'like' this post. I need the internet points!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  14. Convoy

Convoy Pipetimus Prime

Wow, that really was a great prize! I can't believe you put that together @tikgnat and I can't believe 6 people managed to solve it! I'm still struggling...

Congrats all round and especially @scubaboy31 for his favor with the dice

15. BigPhill

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Cool prize. Surprised that only 6 got it. Maybe you made it too hard? I told you how I got it though, and I missed some clues and such, but still figured it out.

Thank you again for organising the calendar, putting it together and doing this competition.

Phill

16. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    You can have a like... This time ;-)

Thanks for the amazing competition it' been huge fun participating on all fronts. Look forward to next year when I can start using the new calendar!

Now do I have to submit a picture of Sky Lynx for the next calender?

• Like Like x 2
  17. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YES.

You can actually open it...

• Like Like x 2
  18. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Nah, honestly I don't think I made it too hard, there weren't any crazy leaps in logic or anything, and it was supposed to be difficult. I think what it was is most people without the motivation of knowing WHAT the prize was gave up after the first hurdle or two. But the moral to this story? Never give up! Never surrender!

But y'know. This is me after all, the prize could actually have been a TFUK comic cover mounted toy... or a One Step. ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  19. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Oh and before I forget, here's the smart/lucky man recieving his Sky Lynx in the pub!

DQjxETEWkAAPFqc.jpg

I may do something similar next year, but maybe not with something as crazy as a Sky Lynx. My wife told me off for giving it away...

• Like Like x 1
  20. BigPhill

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Calendar went up yesterday morning in place of last year's one.

I plan to keep these, and as long as I'm an active member here, I'll be interested in more, so keep me in mind if you make a 2019 one.

Phill

• Like Like x 1