UK Transformers Universe 24

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Sol Fury, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yep, new title - Transformers Universe! Makes a lot of sense, too, given the double-focus of the magazine now.

Movie strip - Awesome. Some of my favourite moments yet in this issue:

With the Autobots gone, there's nobody to stop Starscream taking over Earth, right? Wrong! Enter: Stockade! He doesn't want Earth ruined the way Cybertron was ruined so for now he's on the side of the angels.

Oh, and the Autobots weren't nuked, and are preparing a counterstrike from Cybertron!

Of course, my favourite line of the issue has to be
    In this time of crisis... Megatron must live again!

Animated - surprisingly good, although it felt like it was a much larger story forced into a small space. It also trashes any chance of the series fitting into proper Animated continuity, with the Decepticons consisting of
    Lugnut, Blitzwing and Starscream. Yes, Starscream is on the team, his treachery is referenced and everything, but it's clearly also set in the second season, with Earth mode Megatron.

Also, Afterburn haters will love the first page. There's some origins given to him, and the arc is generally tied off. The last panel with Bumblebee is excellent, extremely well done character development for him which makes me wish this could be in continuity.

You've also got the All Hail Megatron reprints and the Beast Wars reprints, but I skipped over those since I've got the IDW books already. I wonder once these (and the current plotlines) conclude in the next couple of issues what we might get to replace them. I'm hoping against hope that the new "Transformers Universe" title is more than just convenient branding and that we might even get some Universe fiction.

2. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    It changed over to 'Universe' on the cover of issue 22.

But I'm glad you posted because I'd forgotten issue 24 was out now. :) 

3. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    Don't you mean Megatron : Origin rather than All Hail Megatron