UK Transformers Graphic Novel Partwork from Hatchette

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by payres, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    That is in fact how I got my copy of Power Play as that most-wanted-by-me volume (I'm cherrypicking the OG1 Marvel reprints) was, typically, the first my Smith's skipped!
    No complaints about the buy-from-site service, took a little over a week Standard Postage due to the Bank Holiday Weekend that between ordering and arrival.

• Like Like x 1
  2. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Thanks, that sounds promising! I'm cherrypicking precisely the same as you. Can you do it all online or do you have to ring them and speak to someone?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ruizu1990

Ruizu1990 I'm a girl, not a boy.

News Credits:
    a big, damp, foggy island nor-noreast of Ushant
    Ebay:
    Boy oh boy did I have a horrible experience with this company.

After receiving a few issues and deciding it wasn't for me, I cancelled my subscription through the site but for some reason it did not go through. They continued to send me books and I had to keep returning them, or else pay money for a book I did not want.

Customiser service was really bad, they kept copy/pasting the same message over and over again, despite my explaining of my problem.

Never again.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Just purchased at the shop end of the site, no direct human contact necessary! ;) 

5. OptimusTimelord

Cheers, I'll give it a go :thumb 

6. fishpop

fishpop Squishy

Ebay:
    Just recieved Issues 21 & 22.
    Issue 21: Volume 46 - IDW: Things Fall Apart - The Transformers 2009 #2-8 (Cover-bot: Cliffjumper)
    Issue 22: Volume 7 - Marvel: The Harder They Die - UK #96-104 & US #24-26 (Cover-bot: Tantrum)

7. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Got volume 7 today (which I think is issue 22) and there is a weird number printed randomly on one page that shouldn't be there. Also the copy of Fallen Angel they have has weird white dotting all over it for some reason. My Titan release of the story from a decade or so back is crystal clear so this white dotting is some kind of error on hatchettes part.

8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    That has been reported and Hachette did offer to replace the copy of a person that mentioned it on their Facebook page, so presumably the same would hold true for you if you asked. Myself, I didn't feel the numbers were intrusive enough to go through the headache of dealing with Hachette again.
    This I hadn't heard about. Picture?

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Okay, had a look at my copy and can see what you mean. Looks like a moiré effect, which is usually due to piss-poor scanning and/or image settings like iffy anti-aliasing filters.
    It's a bummer and rather distracting, but not the end of the world. You'd think the professional image editing staff they supposedly have would've tried to fix it or at least lessen the effect before going to print.

10. rodster6

Ebay:
    The poor scan quality of that story really put me off. It's supposed to be the definitive collection yet if I want to read that story I'll always go back to my Titan TPBs now as it's such clearer, better quality images.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ac77

ac77 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed. Just got vol 7 and it's reproduction is atrocious.

12. rodster6

Ebay:
    I got a free replacement from them for volume 7 which had the weird numbers printed on one or two pages. The replacement has the same problem though so I guess they didn't do a reprint. Not sure if they even understand the problem? Oh well, got a free copy to flog on ebay.

• Like Like x 1
  13. fishpop

fishpop Squishy

Ebay:
    Just got Issues 23/24.
    23/Volume 33: Megatron Origin - MO 1-4, Spotlight Blurr & Orion Pax. (Cover-bot: Blurr)
    24/Volume 14: Space Pirates - UK 172/173/180-189, US 43/51 & "Material from The Transformers Annual (UK) 1988" (Cover-bot: Hot Rod/imus Prime)

14. rodster6

Ebay:
    Volume 14 seems to have inferior scans of the UK stuff too. The stories leading up to and including Time Wars is my favorite run of Transformers comics so it's particularly frustrating that it seems to be these issues that are all a bit faded and fussy in their scans. Once again, I don't see why they couldn't just buy the original issues off ebay for a few quid each and scan themselves. Luckily I have the titan TPBs and most of the original comics. All of which are better quality.

15. fishpop

fishpop Squishy

Ebay:
    Just got Issues 25 & 26
    25: Volume 43 - All Hail Megatron #1-8.
    26: Volume 52 - The Transformers 2009 #24 #26 #28 #30 #31 (Chaos 1-4 + Ironhide flash-forward) & The Death Of Optimus Prime.

16. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  17. OptimusTimelord

Been catching up with these over xmas. What the heck are they playing at with the continuity? Very jarring how Perchance to Dream got US #76-77 bolted on the end. Why not put those two issues at the beginning of the book, so that they come straight after the Edge of Extinction volume? Or better yet all the UK b&w strips in vol 18 with US #67 & 68, then US 69-77 as vol 19.
    I really don't believe these guys have any such staff... on a good day the janitor glances over occasionally to make sure the pages are in the right order, but that's about it. Reproduction has been almost continually abysmal, but as already discussed we can blame much of that on IDW.
    Yep, it is frustrating. I'm sure fans would have been happy to help with scans of better quality original issues, I know I would.

On a positive note, it is great to have those UK b&w stories in colour.
    Dammit now I wish I'd waited longer! Oh well, at least I got free shipping for ordering three at once. Maybe I'll wait til next black friday before my next catch-up!

• Like Like x 1
  18. fishpop

fishpop Squishy

Ebay:
    Just got issues 27/28
    27: Volume 44 - All Hail Megatron Part 2 - AHM 9-16
    28: Volume 20 - End Of The Road - US 78-80 & UK 261-289

19. rodster6

Ebay:
    Got my latest books (Volumes 44 and 20) today too. I wish they'd put all of the end run of the US comic in one book and all those UK strips in another rather than having two books which are half and half each. Would flow so much better. As it is it feels very random the way they are cut together.

• Like Like x 2
  20. fishpop

fishpop Squishy

Ebay:
    Just got issues 29/30
    29: Volume 72 - Dying Of The Light - MTMTE 50-55
    30: Volume 75 - Titans Return - TAAO 1-4, Titans Return 1-shot, RID 56-57 & MTMTE 56-57
    Cyclonus and Arcee are on the covers respectively.
    Also Tarn/Ravage Rip and Alpha/Soundwave Slash as the lower pictures.

There's gonna be 80 of these books in total so how far are they gonna go?
    Is the collection being adjusted for issues that have come out after this collection began back in September 2016?
    Checking TFWiki; MTMTE/RID 57 came out that month (28th specifically) and both of them are in Volume 75 so there's at least going to be up to maybe LL's Mutineers Trilogy or thereabouts.

• Like Like x 1