UK Transformers Graphic Novel Partwork from Hatchette

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by payres, Sep 10, 2016.

1. fishpop

fishpop Squishy

Ebay:
    Annoyingly; i am now unable to manually pay for my subscription on Hachette's site.
    Now i can only have it be paid for automatically which is inconvinient because i'm skint most of the time (I blame Gunpla for being so addictivley affordable) especially now that i'm being paid less. :( 

2. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I replied to this in the Definitive Collection thread in the "Comics" section (why do we have both threads still running!?), but basically there is a seller on ebay that gets them (in batches of two) a little early (and sells them 30% off!). I got Windblade and Perchance to Dream on Monday. A lot more reliable than Hachette's service themselves!

3. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

I forgot there even was another thread! So used to subscribers complaining that retailers get new volumes before them, it's quite surprising to hear somebody out there is ahead of everyone! Just glad I haven't missed Perchance :) 

4. OptimusTimelord

So, @Magnus' Mate, what issues are collected in the Perchance to Dream volume? (will be getting it anyway, but interested to know!).

5. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    UK #240-260 and then US #76-77. It more or less confirms that the b&w stories are being reprinted in publication order - both the ones that are easy to fit chronologically (e.g. "Race with the Devil") and those that are much harder (Earth Force). This sits okay with me, and is less annoying than me simply thinking Furman had forgotten about " Two Megatron's" before "Primal Scream".

So vol 16 has UK #213-222 (#213-214 technically not b&w)
    Vol 17 must have UK #223-239
    We know vol 18 doesn't have any
    We know vol 19 has #240-260
    Meaning vol 20 will be a decent whopper, with US #78-80 AND UK #261-289!

• Like Like x 1
  6. OptimusTimelord

There does seem to be huge variance in page count in some of these volumes!

Anyway, since I'm only getting Marvel issues, it's much more doable when they space them out between other stuff... I think it's been, what 8 months since this thing started? And I've only bought 6 volumes :lol 

7. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They've both been continuously rescheduled. Joe Vol 9 was due this week, on Monday it moved to November. Classics UK 6 is currently scheduled for Jan. Both have been rescheduled several times so far, for over a year, so who knows what will actually happen.

8. OptimusTimelord

Typical... the first issue in a while that I'm interested in, and that's probably a major draw for fans in general (all those newly-coloured UK strips!), and my local WHSmiths has apparently erased all traces of the definitive collection from their shelves.

So, uh, eBay I guess...?

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Good news. Hatchette are replacing the error copies of issue seventeen (the Windblade one). Same as before: subscribers will get a new copy sent out automatically when printed and retail buyers will have to message them with a proof of purchase photo and mailing details.
    Hopefully this will be the last issue they have to replace.
    That's the problem with picking and choosing issues on this kind of thing. If you don't buy them regularly from a single store then they stop getting them in and thus there's none being ordered for the specific issues you actually want. Do you have an Asda near you? The only place I ever see this out in the wild anymore is in Asdas. Not every issue, but still more often than not.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  10. OptimusTimelord

Hmmm, not locally... I actually went in several places I've never looked before yesterday, just hoping (inc Sainsburys, McColls, Co-op) and every cupboard was bare. Noticed a new 2000 AD partwork (£1.99 first issue) in a few of them, but notably none of the regular ones I used to see alongside TF (Star Trek ships, Back to the Future car, R2D2 etc).

Having looked on eBay, all the Hachette volumes seem to be quite common and around the £4 mark, typically with £3 postage, which is obviously still cheaper than buying in person or from the suppliers themselves. Anyone bought any individual volumes on eBay and can recommend a reliable seller with good packaging?

11. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So these guys have now sent me Debt Collectors letters because their site at the time was unable to take payments

12. OptimusTimelord

Classy :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    still never seen any of these except for the first book. must be subscriber's only.

14. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    did they send you the issue they couldn't take payment for? joke if not and getting debt collectors on the case

they never sent me issue 15 but charged me wonder if i should get debt collectors on the case :lol  ... emailed them but no reply yet ...got issue 16 yesterday

• Like Like x 1
  15. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This was for issue 3,4,5,6. Issue 3 was free with 4, that one I paid for over the phone and I have proof I did. They sent issue 5,6 while I was canceling my subscription.
    I've just paid it but I'm hoping too get the 10.98 Hachette owe me back.

They are the worst and I get why everyones still collecting this since it is really a big deal. But I wonder how many other people they're ripping off.
    Also just mention something about Lawyers too them and you not getting issue 15 and they'll soon reply to you :lol 

16. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    thats bad :(  if i don't get reply by wednesday then i will be kicking off about it

• Like Like x 1
  17. fishpop

fishpop Squishy

Ebay:
    I haven't recieved my Volume 17 & 18 but 19 & 20 arrived instead. o_O ?
    19: Maximum Dinobots + Spotlight Grimlock & Wheelie.
    20: Natural Selection: Regeneration One #86-90 + Peace minicomic.

18. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Okay, so has anyone reported the Printing Error in Issue 22 (Vol.7) yet?
    If not, here it is courtesy of Christian Hauth (for I am not he, credit where credit is due) from a Transformers UK FB group.
    22814310_10213056726125743_7439327942571948169_n.jpg
    Can confirm it's not a one-off as I just found that measurement in my copy of the issue, I'd give you a page number but there aren't any printed on the pages!
    I't's the 8 or ninth page from the issue end (physical pages not counting 'em by single sides).

19. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I've not seen it mentioned on their Facebook page. But if that's the worst the error is then I can live with it since it's not incorrect pages or in the wrong order or ruins the ability to clearly read the words or see the artwork.
    It is a little irksome, but I doubt it'll mean a corrected version being produced. Personally I couldn't deal with the hassle of trying to prise another reprint out of them.

20. OptimusTimelord

Odd. Some of their other errors (and the spelling blunders) are more annoying though.

To be honest I haven't found any volumes out in the wild since Power Play, so I haven't caught up with this issue yet. Anyone tried ordering just one or two back issues from Hachette, without being a subscriber? EBay seems to have dried up so I might have to go straight to them to get Perchance and the latest one.