UK Transfans, good news!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by WingDagger, Oct 28, 2009.

1. WingDagger

WingDagger Generations

Sainsbury's are holding a toy 'stunt' starting either tomorrow or Friday. ALL toys will be half price, either for the weekened or until next weekend (not sure which, although we've had enough stock in to last a month, I think!).

So far, I've clocked the exclusive Warriros From Three Worlds pack, the complete wave one range of RotF toys (Legends through to Leaders, plus the Superion set and the Bumblebee helmets & cannons) in a standee, restocks of scout wave 4 and, most interestingly, Animated Leader Megatron. When we last had the Animated Leaders in, their file price was only £25, so it'll be interesting to see if Megs ends up at £12.50. Bargain!

On a non-TF front, we've got Clone Wars Monopoly, Force Unleashed tirple packs (either Vader + 2 Incinerators or Palpatine + 2 Shadow Troopers) and GI Joe Action Battlers, large Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow figures and wave one standard figures.

2. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

Plus, I get to abuse the holiday %15 employee discount! XD

Did you guys get a bunch of leaders in? I'm only in a local so I'll have to ring ahead and ask them to save me a leader prime if thats the case.
    Also, I just passed Mystery Customer on shop floor and at the tills, £20 shining star + discount = me with a free Leader Prime!

3. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    You should really post this in UK Sightings Thread

4. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All I need is for my local Sainsburys to be not shit when it comes to toys. :( 

5. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

I just want to know if it's happening tomorrow or if it's friday!

6. WingDagger

WingDagger Generations

We're only getting 7.5% discount on toys during the stunt because the company's already making a loss on the sale price... :( 

As for the Leaders, we got what was in the shipper, so that's two each of Megs & Prime, I guess! Which local are you in?

7. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

I'm at Nations House in Liverpool.
    Sucks about the discount I guess, but it's still money off I suppose, can't complain!

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'll have to check out my local Sainsburys. Might be a good time to get that Human Alliance Bumblebee.

9. RipCurl

RipCurl I just can't get enough!

News Credits:
    I had no idea sainsburys did tfs. but the only one i know of here in scotland is a small one and dont do toys =(

it only shows like 4 tf toys on their website

10. WingDagger

WingDagger Generations

The stunt started this morning, and if the Sainsbury's near you happens to have any HA Bumblebees left in stock, they'll be half price. Unfortunately the shipper we received with the bulk of our RotF stock had an empty shelf: no Leaders or Combiners. As for discount... Try buying the toys with something that gets full discount! ;)  The tills don't seem to know how to work out what gets 15% and what gets 7.5%!

To be honest, nobody really seemed that bothered with the TFs this morning... Today, it was all about the £20 Robo Raptors (£17 with discount!)

Oh, and the prices go back up close of business Tuesday.

11. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

I called my local main store before from work asked them to keep a leader class prime behind for me.
    Good tip with the other item! Get myself a bottle of coke, haha. How much is the HA line selling for?

12. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    This is interesting news, indeed. Must check my local Sainsbury's now.

I know that feeling. Mine has some toys, but they never seem to change.

13. prowl26

prowl26 Well-Known Member

this is a great heads up, any idea how much Leader Prime or the Combiners would come to? The website as said before only lists four toys (all sold out by the way) and I know other retailers like entertainer have Prime for like 45 quid and about 30 for the combiners.

14. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Reaaaaaaly want to get a £20 Jetfire when I get paid tomorrow.
    Shame they haven't gor HA Sideswipe and Skids.

15. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    It's not just Sainsburys - I find Tescos and Asda suffer from the same anomaly. It's like all their TF stock has gone into stasis lock.

16. WingDagger

WingDagger Generations

From what I can gather, the big supermarkets here in the UK only have a limited availability on toys in even their largest stores. My store has 2 bays (8ft) of toys, and for a store our size, that's twice as much as we should have, but our manager's a big kid at heart, so he pushed for it! Because if this, they buy in massive quantities of what we'd know as wave 1 (and possibly 2) to flood the stores with their initial deliveries and most of the subsequent restocks. IF the line takes off, then they'll buy in whatever wave is current, but again, in massive quantities, hence why Sainsbury's ended up with tons of Sentinel Primes and Swoops.

As this toy stunt was meant to take the market by surprise, I'd assume they didn't get in any extra stock and they're running it on stuff that's just been sat in the depots for the last few months, otherwise it would've given a heads up to their competitors that they were planning to do something with toys, as they're all supplied by the same companies, and word would've gotten around!

When we had them in last, RotF Leaders were £40, Superion was £28 and the HA range was £25 (although we only saw Bumblebee here on the Island), so that'd translate to £20, £14 & £12.50 respectively, but I haven't seen any of them here since about mid September, I guess. We've only had Wave 1 Leaders, Legends & HA, no Bruticus and the only Deluxes I've seen are either Wave 1 or 'Wave 0' Soundwave/BB sneak-peeks (which we received after several Wave 1 deliveries! :S ), but as I said, we're not a very big store, so we kinda get shafted on the toy front.

Got plenty of £11.50 'Warriors From Three Worlds' packs, though!