UK Toy Fair Thoughts

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ezim93, Jan 25, 2012.

1. ezim93

ezim93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well seeing as the UK Toy Fair coverage is in I thought I'd give my thoughts about what was there.

Fall of Cybertron: I was really hoping that FoC would get it's own toyline but being a part of generations is better than nothing. The main problem is that we're only getting eight figures. I was really hoping that hasbro would do a bruticus combiner for this line but that thought seems to have died. So far Jazz has been confirmed and Grimlock has been hinted at. At least we're getting twice the amount of toys that we got for WfC.

Leader Class Prime Figures: Off the bat I hate that Hasbro is changing the names that we've grown accustomed to but Weaponizer is a pretty cool name. Optimus sounds cool but I need to see some actual picture before I jump the gun. As for Bumblebee, I really don't think that this character needs to have a leader figure but we've been saying that time and time again so why bother beating a dead horse. I really wish that we get leader megatron. Here's hoping that we see more at US Toy Fair

Optimus Maximus: This is almost making me want to go out and get some cyberverse figures. A classic cityformer? Yes. Now if they only do FoC cyberverse figures and make a metroplex set then I'll be sold.

I don't really care much about Bot Shots but will say it's a good concept for kids

Kre-O: While I'm excited to see more sets announced, I'm dissappointed that some of them are rehashes of the same characters that are already released. The only one I'm considering is the G1 inspired Megatron. At least we're getting devastator and wheeljack.

So those are my thoughts. Mostly mediocre with a few excpetions (CITYFORMERS!) What do you guys think?

2. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    No real surprises positive or negative, its all been pretty consistent, i think, with previous indicators.

Although NYTF might have something more. Maybe.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    They aren't. As far as I can tell, the revealer/powerizer/weaponizer names are their gimmicks. If you look at the main-line Deluxe and Voyager packaging, they still say Deluxe and Voyager on them.

It wouldn't at all surprise me if they were saving some reveals for the NY toy fair, but even if there aren't, we'll be getting pictures of what we've been reading about, which'll be big enough news for me to get excited.

4. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    It wasn't very clear really, but I understood that we'd get 8 new generations toys, and that FOC would be included in them, not that all eight of them would be FoC.

5. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I hope all eight Generations figures are from FoC. I'm really tired of repaints into obscure characters that the Generations line leans towards. I'd so much rather have a FoC Grimlock, Shockwave and whatever else they want to throw at us.

The main interest for me in the TF announcement is the Cyberverse city-bot. Designing them off of WfC Omega and Tripticon would be awesome, but I"m not opposed to a new Fort Max or Metroplex as long as there's a Decepticon counterpert.

6. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Terrorcon King

I hate that they're making a Kre-O Knock Out.

Mostly because I was hoping I would never have a reason to start buying Kre-Os :lol